• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Merge ruined market and battles

DeletedUser28092

battles have no points because all neighbors are dead games, so many battles are needed to add up the points, then today, all neighbors but 12 removed, so now not even enough to add up the low points. i am number one in hood only because even those 12 don't really play their games, now only those 12 are available to battle which means i can never add up enough points to win the tower competions for medals and global ranking is ruined with this kind of "fair play" merging system. not to mention the market being ruined because so few people are using it now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25273

If you are very early in the game, you are hitting a common problem that many people just start and rapidly quit.

If you advance you city, then the next neighborhood swap should get rid of a lot of the inactive players (as they haven't advanced), so the problem will get better as you play.

If someone else has more tower points than you, then they did better at fighting the neighborhood (or the maps) than you to earn points.Next week, you may just need to get a faster start (but I think the shuffle happens then too, so you should have more fresh opponents).

For the market, you will need to build up your friends, and join a guild when you advance enough to do so.

DeletedUser28092

My city is in the Iron age and I don't think it is fair to make me advance faster than I am prepared to advance just to get neighbors. I should have them now because it is the Iron Age Tower Competitions I am trying to play and I don't have the money to buy diamonds to buy market resources (goods) to finish all this stuff just because they don't want to give me neighbors while I am in the iron age. My friensd are FULL but they are mostly far advanced in high middle ages, even up to future age. That's why I said I would have to clean out a few of my 80 friends to get people in the iron age who have the same needs. I understand how the tower competitions work, that is why they aren't working without having neighbors.... having dead neighbors was bad enough. Meantime, sacking 30 of my 80 friends in exchange for people with games in the iron age (like it's easy to search for this) still won't be enough to make my game playable because they often quit in the iron age too and the market needs both friends AND neighbors actively using it. I NEED NEIGHBORS not just 12 people, perhaps you didn't read that part... I only have 12 neighbors in my ENTIRE neighbor list....I had 70 neighbors yesterday, mostly dead but at least I could still battle the for the competitions/ Now I have only 12 neighbors and that is NOT enough neighbors to battle when it takes 12 to make the same points as the person who had REAL neigjhbors./... by the way when doing Iron Age Tower competitions... guess what? The competitors are 99% in the iron age JUST LIKE ME but they still have NEIGHBORS of higher rank to battle. Why don't I? I refuse to give up my chance to battle the iron tower competitions just because FOE thinks Iron age players don't need or deserve neighbors, especially when they just got through bragging that they have so many NEW players that they opened a new world. GIVE ME SOME OF THEM. Thanks anyway for your advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28092

What does that have to do with not having any neighbors? I will join a guild when I am ready. Meantime, I need to know that this game will be worth sticking with before I commit to a guild. So far, it was kinda fun, but difficult with dead neighbors and more dying every day. Now, they took all my neighbors away so I cannot even battle and plunder dead ones, or the half dead ones which seem to be mostly farmers just running a few things for gathering lots of goods for their guilds. If I don't have neighbors, a guild can't fix that. I want to battle my own neighbors, and have fun with the Tower competitions.

DeletedUser8152

It is surprising that you would be in a dead hood in iron age. I don't think that should happen, you might want to contact support and ask about it.

It does happen in Bronze Age occasionally. But I think by iron age you should have roughly 80 players, mostly at least somewhat active.

DeletedUser27096

It is surprising that you would be in a dead hood in iron age. I don't think that should happen, you might want to contact support and ask about it.

It does happen in Bronze Age occasionally. But I think by iron age you should have roughly 80 players, mostly at least somewhat active.
Actually, @jaelis, in my new city that I started on Rugnir, I am in mid Iron Age and in this latest hood shuffle, I am now in a hood of just 13 people, of which I am number 2. I wonder if Inno has a shortage of new players so they just don't have enough people to populate the lower-age hoods?

DeletedUser25427

I am in Iron Age and yesterday I had 50 neighbours, today only 10 left. I got maybe 2 or 3 m/p's daily before and only 2 others fighting PvP. I am not getting many goods from my brand new kiosk but I have had some luck with the treasure map to get goods. I do not understand Lady Shady's problem with getting battle points - I rarely fight neighbours (in other worlds) as it is not really worth the trouble. Plenty of battle points to get from the continent and GE. (I set up my own guild to take part in GE).

DeletedUser28092

From the other comment, it appears this was a "shuffle" but without adding new ones, just taking old ones away. I wonder how long it will take for another shuffle. My first city isn't as bad off, but still has quite a few dead ones as I had only entered early middle ages shortly before or after the merge took place.

I was trying to play my 2nd city smarter, by not advancing as quickly and gathering a few more goods before moving on since with my first city I seldom have enough goods to make the trades when I need them. Argh. So much for that plan. WIth my 2nd city I can't even trade with anyone enough to advance now. The only people on the market are folks offering far less than the value of what they need, such as 100 Iron for 200 Ebony or 50 Lumber for 100 Limestone. May I say argh again.

I'll wait a few days, if nothing changes I may report it, or quit. I'll remove friends if so, but I'll be a dead neighbor to 12 people, lol

DeletedUser27096

FYI all, I submitted a ticket and the in-game moderator said it was because I must be an inactive player and thus the system sorted me into a hood with other inactive players. Yeah...only problem with this stock answer is that I am an uber-active player...I log in about 8 times a day to both of my worlds! I responded to her response and asked her to have the developers look into it again as I was not the only one having the issue. Please if you noticed today that you are now in a much smaller neighborhood (like less than 30 people), submit a ticket to support so they don't just dismiss my claim that there is a problem. The more people they see are having a problem, the more likely they are to actually look into the problem. Ugh!

DeletedUser25166

It's just me and 3 other people in my hood. 2 of them are my push accounts.
*eats popcorn*