• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Message filters and Ornithorhynchus

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser8152

I hope I do not get in trouble for asking this, but does anyone know why the chat box filters out the word "platypus"?

DeletedUser2145

lol It was done as a joke a looong while ago. A single random non-common animal would be added to the list to see how long it is before someone notices it/reports it. Once it's reported, it's changed to a different animal. I think that was the last one added and it might be no one had mentioned it by now. I'll poke the new managers (yep, -that- old, took place during DeM2's time) about it.

DeletedUser8152

That is awesome, sounds like a fun game. And thanks for clearing up the mystery, I thought maybe it was some kind of swear word in German...

DeletedUser2145

Should be fixed now, thanks for catching that. Though I do have to wonder what conversation you were having for a platypus to be mentioned. :D

DeletedUser8152

Another person in my guild already knew about it, it came up when we were talking about the filters. So don't give me credit for finding it first...

So is there a new word? :)

DeletedUser2145

Nope, at least for now no new word has been added. So if someone notices another non-offensive word as censored, it's likely a mistake that needs to be fixed.

DeletedUser

My fiancé and I are absolutely cracking up right now thank you SO much for this..........