• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Micro-building consolidation ideas...

Xenosaur

Now let's talk about the huge boost numbers that your proposed replacement buildings have. 340% attacking defense boost in a 5x5? Wow. Just wow. Does any existing building even come close to that?

Now seriously - @Johnny B. Goode - did you read that the premise of this idea is to TRADE IN 98, Sentinels. Each sentinel is 1x1, and as a level 2, gives 4% Red DEFENSE.

that's 98 squares of space, yielding 392% RED boost.

It's a TRADE-IN (consolidation) concept!

So the new EXAMPLE building (and metrics) you're trading for is both smaller, and also a bit less powerful.

Instead of old 98 squares of space utilized, one choice you could make is to obtain a single 5x5 building of 25 squares.

As well - ALL the OLD 98 individual sentinels yields collectively, 392% Red DEFENSE.

IN summary: The yield on that new 25 square building is 340% RED DEFENSE vs what you started with was 98 squares and 392% RED DEFENSE.

The entire idea is to make it smaller in size, and you're trading less efficiency for that, as well as a small diamond cost.

Again, recommend a conversion rate to the company that you'd like, but you're caught in the weeds.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

Sorry, but if you're ignoring the potential issues with how Inno might implement such an idea, then the numbers are the only thing worth talking about. And your numbers are ridiculous.

Existing Shrink Kits (as I mentioned earlier) only reduce Wishing Wells and Fountains of Youth in size by 33%. Your original post suggested a reduction in size of 60%. Now you're suggesting reductions in size ranging from 63-74%. All of your suggestions are huge deviations from the pattern established by the existing Shrink Kits. And at a ridiculously low Diamond cost, easily paid by anyone with even one Diamond farm. Maybe even by those without a Diamond farm. This is just a bad idea for the game.

Now let's talk about the huge boost numbers that your proposed replacement buildings have. 340% attacking defense boost in a 5x5? Wow. Just wow. Does any existing building even come close to that? You should drop this idea before you go further off the deep end.
That beats out a level 100 Hydra , pretty much a non starter.

Johnny B. Goode

As well, I also didn't say it pertained to EVERY item a city can make (like WW/FoY). Some things would be excluded. I don't work for the company and it's their job to embrace the "big picture" of what the benefits and costs are.
I also never said it pertained to EVERY item. However, you said:
For example - Sentinel Output (L1 and L2) and Ritual flame, Tactician Tower, etc. You all know what I'm talking about.

I'd like Inno's gaming population and Inno to consider an idea that conceptually allows players with large volumes of these buildings, to "trade X quantity of them in" for a single building or something possibly a bit larger, with the added value (or a % of the added value) but as a single building.
So you didn't limit it to just SOs. And since you're "hung up" on ignoring the numbers that you used, let me point out that you ignored my main point in my first response to you. Namely:
One of my favorite all-time posters on the Forum, @Algona, used to say, "be careful what you ask for." For example, if they did decide to do such a thing, they might decide to make a different "consolidation tool" for each specific building. Like Wishing Wells and Fountains of Youth each have their own specific Shrink Kit. Imagine a different Consolidation Tool for each "mini-building". And most likely mostly available only through fragments.
You opened this idea up to multiple buildings, not just the SOs, and there are now many 1x1, 2x2, 1x3, 3x1 buildings that would be potentially included in any implementation of your idea. Assuming Inno made these "consolidation kits" building-specific (which has been their pattern for the entirety of the game), that's a different kit for each type of building. And they always offer kits mainly through fragments anymore, so that's another couple of pages of fragments to wade through in your Inventory. Then there's the fact that, unlike Wishing Wells and Fountains of Youth (which I only brought up as examples of reduction ratios), there can be multiple levels to most of these micro-buildings. So then there's the issue of whether you'd be able to use the same "consolidation kit" for multiples of the same building that were at different levels.

Dude, you not only didn't think the numbers out, you didn't think the idea as a whole out very well.

Xenosaur

@Johnny B. Goode - gosh, you're thinking so myopically and way to literally. Why can't you grasp this? It doesn't have to be a KIT either. That's one idea. Another idea was using a Mystic in the cave to "negotiate" with.

John - we're brainstorming here. Get out of your rut.

There are dozens of ways to implement this strategic concept. Just think about the ways to make revenue from helping player consolidate their city.

What would you do to consolidate 100 individual SO items, level 2 - taking 100 squares and delivering 400% Red Defense, and compress that to a single or multiple buildings? What's your starting bid of how big, and what power?

There is demand for such a facility or concept to do that.

If you say you can't figure it out, then you're fired. There is revenue at the end of this for the right implementation.

Get out of the weeds. Why can't you think strategically?

I used SO's as an example - but there are dozens of things that FIT and won't fit Inno's vision of this (or yours).

I'm not going to write a thesis on this, but I can easily defend the idea. There is money to be made all the way from the transaction and way way downstream from this. Remember - empty space created by compaction in cities get filled. Nature abhors a vacuum. People are going to buy to fill that space.

Just because you can't see it, or revulse at it upsetting your classic vision of FoE, doesn't mean it won't fit a modern vision we have entered and now need to live with.

PS: There is a trend brewing on these ultra-micro buildings as well. It's really clear. Not only the usual gang (SO, TT, even things like Hidden Goods...), but new ones - each new event. 2 examples: Stormspire family, and one that's coming next to live: Garrison family. Ultra-Micro buildings.

Inno can make additional MONEY from helping us consolidate racks and racks of these items they're purveying in events.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

you're thinking so myopically
I could say the same of you. You're so hung up on this being a GREAT IDEA that you're ignoring any valid points against it. It isn't even an actual idea, it's just a whim of yours that you can't get past. "Ignore all the details and focus on my genius" is basically the entirety of your defense of this boondoggle.
People are going to buy to fill that space.
Um, no. People are going to use all the stored buildings that they have no room for now. You are making unsupported assumptions that are based only on the fantasy you've cooked up about this whim of yours. I don't even play as seriously as many people, especially those who spend money, and I still have enough to fill almost another entire city waiting in Inventory in most of my active cities. Not to mention that I would bet most people don't have all that many micro-buildings. You certainly couldn't sell Inno on letting us trade in smaller amounts of them, that would make no sense on either end.

"Ignore the numbers" and "ignore my examples" are poor excuses for taking an idea seriously. You're trying to sell a vague concept and trusting that Inno would implement it in a way that benefits players. With their track record lately that is a huge leap of (misplaced) faith.