• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Military strategy for conquering the Oceanic Future continent

DeletedUser2952

I have used hover tanks, once I had them, to complete all continents Future through Oceanic. Sometimes it is wise to use a couple of rogues, at most 4, to lure the AI close on the first round. Don't allow the AI to get too close. To many rogues and you loose the first round firing advantage. Take out Dragon Drones, you tend to bunch up because of terrain restrictions, and units that ignore stealth. Keep your distance and use obstacles to hinder AI, especially battle fortresses.

jlshetler

I used eight Eels on every single fight in OF-Part 1 and never lost more than one a battle. Usually I didn't lose any. Very easy.

I'm interested to see what OF-Part 2 brings. Perhaps some of our Beta users already have a view on the new unit and new strategies for the Continent addition?

DeletedUser2952

Hover Tanks remain king. Turturrets move too slow and can not deal with stealth. It is almost as if they aren't there.

DeletedUser8152

I've been using 8 strike teams and it's worked pretty well, there's lots of forest. And I have lots of strike teams :)

jlshetler

I'm halfway through the OF-Part-3 part of the continent, and am still finding that the eight Eel attack works well. There are plenty of bushes, and I lose one unit at most per fight. Has anybody else found a more effective strategy? Has anybody finished the continent map yet and found any changes?

DeletedUser13838

I've been using 8 eels as well with similar results. I don't plan to change unless I start losing battles. I still have 4 or 5 provinces to go.

DeletedUser13838

Seems like an increase in difficulty (AF and OF units instead of TE and FE) ... Eels still work (on auto) but so do turtles and subs (manual). I dropped all my STCs so the additional unit I lose per fight could be due to that.

jlshetler

Any review yet on the utility of the new ranged unit vis-a-vis the Continent? Are we still doing eight Eels to conquer the new provinces?

DeletedUser13838

I'm back to 8 eels. No more turles and subs for now. I think the nautilus would be worthwhile against turtles but if facing all turtles might as well just use a flying unit.

jlshetler

By the OF4 province with the goods boost, there aren't many Bushes in range of the enemy's starting position, so I'm finding that the eight Eel approach is resulting in more unit losses than usual. Did anybody find an alternative strategy for minimizing unit loss?

jlshetler

Now that OF5 is out, has anybody...

(1) found a use for the Octopus; or
(2) found a better strategy to conquer the Continent sectors than the eight-Eel attack from the bushes?

jlshetler

Now that we have the OF6 addition, with a new portion of the Continent map and three new units (Scimitar, Gliders, Medusa) I thought I would revive this thread. For the first time I'm finding the eight-Eel attack not working (in the province with the Expansion reward). What is the new best tactic, or do I need to negotiate?