• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Military unit symbols

Hello, Does anyone have a link to a chart showing what the military symbols mean? There is a boot, a tree, arrows, possibly a flower or shrub, and a target. I have googled this and have found nothing. Thx.

Great info, not sure what icons translate to.

For example, Late Middle Ages Great Sword Warrior:

Wreath icon is 450 — what does this mean?
Sword icon means attack value is 25, yes?
Shield icon means defense value is also 25?
Range icon is 1; does this mean warrior has to be one square from enemy to attack?
Person with arrow icon is 16 — maybe this is the distance warrior moves each turn?

Bonus/sword icon +7 >>: I have no idea what this means
Bonus/shield icon with +7>>, flowery icon +4, tree icon +7: also have no idea what these mean

If anyone knows these secrets, I’d love to get clued in. Thanks in advance.

Emberguard

unknown.png

Wreath icon is 450 — what does this mean?
In this context, Battle points. If it were a building then it’d be ranking points

Emberguard

Sword icon means attack value is 25, yes?
Shield icon means defense value is also 25?
Range icon is 1; does this mean warrior has to be one square from enemy to attack?
Person with arrow icon is 16 — maybe this is the distance warrior moves each turn?
yes. That’s pretty accurate

Emberguard

Ok. So.....

You have 10 HP on each unit. The numbers basically determine how much of that 10 HP gets damaged when attacked. The sword increasing the damage, the shield decreasing the damage.

the +3, +7 etc etc are stat modifiers. So you go to the corresponding symbol and when the battle situation matches that scenario it increases the corresponding attack or defense stat by that value.

EG. Sword bonus, +1 on Rocks.
This would mean when the unit is standing on Rocks their attack strength increases by a value of 1

EG. Shield bonus, +1 vs Fast Units
This would mean if the unit is attacked from a Fast Unit then the attacked units defence strength increases by a value of 1 against that attack

Aloysius the Wise

This was very helpful. TY
I have another question. Can someone tell me which military units to delete/remove when a new military unit is unlocked? In other words, when Armored Infantry became available, I removed the Legionnaire units; because they were both Heavy Units. Was that a good idea or is there some other guideline I should go by? .

P C C

I have another question. Can someone tell me which military units to delete/remove when a new military unit is unlocked? In other words, when Armored Infantry became available, I removed the Legionnaire units; because they were both Heavy Units. Was that a good idea or is there some other guideline I should go by? .
While it may not hurt you, there's generally no gain from deleting the units from the earlier era aside from a less cluttered unit list. Benefits from keeping them include ability to delete them later if you get a quest asking you to delete units and using them for easy battles to save damage to your newer units. (Plus if you ever end up taking part in GvG, they can be used on the map for the earlier era.)

Agent327

Never delete units. There is always a use for them.

DevaCat

So you moved to EMA and replaced the legionnaires with Armored Infantry. Excellent move. When you move up an age, it's always a good move to upgrade your military units asap. Dont delete any existing units though. When you unlock and build a new barracks those old units are there in the background if you need them.

Aloysius the Wise

Thank you all for your advice- very helpful. (Emberguard: I was referring to "attached" units of course, and thank you also.)
My problem is/was that I was running out of space for supply building units (alchemists, farms. etc) and was not making enough supply to live.