• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Millitary boosts from barracks

Darkbox

I am having trouble comprehending how boosts provided by military buildings are calculated. for instance, here is what is happening to me, with the following GBs and military buildings:

CdM = +21% A/D boost - CoA = +24% A/D boost - Zeus = +24% A/D boot
So far, that makes 69% A/D boost.

Now you add for attack boosts
Speaker corner = +7% Attack -- 2 attack helicopter bases = +8% attack >> this bring the total attack boost to 84%

For defense boosts
2 air defense factories = +8% defense >> this should bring the total defense boost to 77% but it is still at 69% when I hover the mouse in the army management.

xNUZO50.png

Questions:
1. Is this a bug?
2. If not a bug, does it means that the air defense boost applies only when defending the city and not while attacking?
3. I checked the bonuses of the defending armies too and they do not add up, when doing the math, I still miss 8% on the total. With the watch fires + the monastery and the St Basil, i should be at 6/242 but it only shows 6/234...

bHzfOX5.png

Any idea what's up here? Tried to look up information about the Air Defense Factory (where/when the boost applies) and could not find anything...

Any help or link to a military buildings guide would be much appreciated.

Darkbox

DeletedUser10415

It's not a bug. Buildings that provide attack boosts only apply to your attacking army and buildings which provide defense boosts only apply to your army defending your city, with the exception of the GBs. Air defense factories, when I had them, added to my city defense amount, but only after they'd been built and I'd logged out and back into the game once, once they had been built.

DeletedUser10038

I was just asking the same question to my guild mates. I feel this is a huge oversight by Inno. The defensive boosts gained from barracks should be applicable while on the battlefield the same as the attack boosts of other barracks. I was confused by this and I'm sure many others will be as well.

DeletedUser13838

I don't think it's an oversight. GBs provide the only means to defensive boosts to your attacking units and attack boost to your defenders.

DeletedUser3679

I don't think it's an oversight. GBs provide the only means to defensive boosts to your attacking units and attack boost to your defenders.

And the guild's support pool gives defense and attack boosts to your defense units in GvG