• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Modern & later Goods

The Froggle

I notice that the Goods buildings from Modern on all seem to require 2 lane streets. I'm about to advance to that Age, but putting in enough 2 lane streets to be able to use those buildings would require redoing my entire City.
I've got a bunch of Events buildings that produce goods and Renovation & 1 Up packages to bring them up to my current age. The question is, if I have the Unrefined Goods, will those Events buildings produce Goods for the age, or only Unrefined Goods?

Ebeondi Asi

Most players who have been playing long enough to get several Event Buildings just use the Event Buildings for Goods after the need for 'unrefined goods' begins.
One consequence of moving up ages too rapidly* will be a lack of Event buildings, thus needing the basic Goods buildings and two lane roads and unrefined goods. But usually most players have some Great Buildings that make the double unrefined goods. Like GT, Babel, SMB and LOA
*(just in general and not about the OP here)
If you want Goods buildings it may pay off to rearrange your city enough to have them be near City Hall. Once you get to Modern all further Eras will have needs with two lane roads of one kind or another. and minimizing their length is a big plus for city management.

Last edited:

The Froggle

Most players who have been playing long enough to get several Event Buildings just use the Event Buildings for Goods after the need for 'unrefined goods' begins.
One consequence of moving up ages too rapidly* will be a lack of Event buildings, thus needing the basic Goods buildings and two lane roads and unrefined goods. But usually most players have some Great Buildings that make the double unrefined goods. Like SMB and LOA
*(just in general and not about the OP here)
If you want Goods buildings it may pay off to rearrange your city enough to have them be near City Hall. Once you get to Modern all further Eras will have needs with two lane roads of one kind or another. and minimizing their length is a big plus for city management.
Thanks for the additional info. I already have a couple of short sections of 2-lane, but didn't want to rebuild major sections-again. However, I'll seriously consider it. I've already got Galata Tower, Tower of Babel & LOA, so they'll continue producing Unrefined from the Age they're in.

wolfhoundtoo

You may also want to check your friends list as many guilds need lower aged goods and will frequently put up higher aged goods to get those goods. You might be able to work out a trade that will give you enough goods that you don't need any goods buildings or need to use reno kits to move up your event buildings (this may be a help you if you don't have enough reno kits or 1 ups to move those event buildings up).

Kranyar the Mysterious

True, many do, but I find it to be much more profitable to leave my event buildings behind my actual era by one era unless there is an overriding reason (like wanting a higher attack boost more than the goods), so I'll leave most in Tomorrow Era when in Future for example, and get my current era goods from recurring quests. Of course new event buildings will give current era goods when placed.

Reaver fka Rand

True, many do, but I find it to be much more profitable to leave my event buildings behind my actual era by one era unless there is an overriding reason (like wanting a higher attack boost more than the goods), so I'll leave most in Tomorrow Era when in Future for example, and get my current era goods from recurring quests. Of course new event buildings will give current era goods when placed.
I always bring them all up to current era. Then I can get double the previous era goods from the Market, if needed. But I rarely negotiate anymore, so there’s that.

Ebeondi Asi

Getting previous era goods have become a real chore. Since nearly everyone is asking for previous Era Goods in the Market. The few ahead Era Goods postings get grabbed up even by players not wanting them just because they are a Hoard item of late. So I regularly leave some Event Buildings an Era behind also.
The Market has 98% plus one era down trades. 1% same era trades other than the 500 for 500, 1% up trades, then (not counted in the previous %) hundreds to thousands of 500 for 500 same era trades for RQs*. LOL
*if you are in a big Guild ...