• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Moral Dilemma

UBERhelp1

I have (as the title suggests) a moral dilemma in one of my worlds. When I started the game, the first world I joined was obviously not my best world as I knew nothing about the game. However, my guild was really nice to me. They took me in and I learned a lot from them. They would go out of their way to help me understand the game. However, they weren't exactly the top guild by any measure. I ended up saying goodbye and leaving that world because I had better ones and was too spread out at the time. That is one of my biggest regrets in this game.

Fast forward to now, I created a new city in that world. I was planning on going back to the guild that first welcomed me, but I got messages from someone who offered to let me join the #2 guild in that world. Obviously, I was conflicted: do I stay loyal and go to the guild that helped get me to enjoy the game (~level 30), or do I go to the #2 guild, which has more boosts/benefits (~level 70)?

Which one should I choose?

Graviton

I'd say the moral dilemma, if there is one at all, would've been leaving that guild in the first place. I don't think you owe them anything except a hearty "thank you" and I'm assuming you did that already. Go with whichever one will make you happier.

DeletedUser38090

If you really want to, you could try to help everybody in your old guild in doing well in the settlements. Maybe have a goal to guide everybody to get a level 10 Yggdrasil or something.

My two main principles with this game are two things: Don't scam others, and do whatever makes you enjoy the game. Since what you are doing is not in the realm of scamming others, you just have to ask yourself, "which guild will lead me to enjoy the time on this world better?" Like @Graviton said, there is no moral dilemma where you are right now. Do you want faster growth, guild bonuses, and access to easy BPs from powerlevelers, perhaps at the expense of taking months to break into the guild in-group? Or do you want to help others out greater, give back what they've given to you, and feel like a part of the guild in-group, at the expense of sacrificing some of that growth? These are questions you have to ask yourself, and you can only answer them when you know what your playstyle and priorities are for that world. A level 70 guild sounds great and all, but I will have to say that it may take forever (Arc 60+) for you to feel like a big contributor and be part of the clique of power players.

DeletedUser36624

What does the #2 guild expect in exchange for all of those perks? Which one would you enjoy the game in more?

I have had offers to more advanced guilds, but mine suits me quite well. Few requirements, they open GE4 every week, and the people are generally nice. While I do GE4 every week, I don't want to be in a guild that requires it or is hanging on my participation to not blow their perfect record or something.

Emberguard

Obviously, I was conflicted: do I stay loyal and go to the guild that helped get me to enjoy the game (~level 30), or do I go to the #2 guild, which has more boosts/benefits (~level 70)?

Which one should I choose?
Neither guild owns you. I'd say it's less moral and more priority. Do you make the guild that helped you a priority, or do you make any guild you join a priority?

DeletedUser38090

Aren't you the guy who was talking about buying gb kits and then selling them at a profit to unknowing players?
Making a small profit and selling them at below-market prices is not really scamming, but I could be wrong.

I don’t and won’t ever skip on goods payment for customers. That is what scamming is about.

DeletedUser36020

Making a small profit and selling them at below-market prices is not really scamming, but I could be wrong.

I don’t and won’t ever skip on goods payment for customers. That is what scamming is about.
The real scam is telling them you are helping. If u were truly helping then u would instead just hook them up with that seller.

If that seller only gives you the discounted price then i'd add you are sorta scamming the seller too.

Mustapha00

It speaks well of you as a person that you have this moral dilemma.

You've got to go with what will give you the best gaming experience possible because a happy player is an ongoing player.

DeletedUser

My vote would depend on how you feel about GvG. Unless you are prepared to heavily commit to GvG, I would stay away from the #2 guild. If you love GvG, then go with the #2 guild. The reason being, if you don't like GvG you are never going to be okay with the #2 guild (and they with you). They will have many more requirements and they will be stricter with those requirements. Which is okay if you're prepared to heavily commit to it.. But if you want more freedom to relax and play your style, then go with an active guild with a good atmosphere and structure without tyranny.