• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

More Expansions?

DeletedUser26965

Probably one of the most asked for things in the game is more expansions, more ways to get expansions, more ways to make existing expansions more utilized or some other way that creatively adds more space but I often wonder, who is asking for this and why?

It seems to me the earlier in the game you are the less justified you are in demanding more expansions. You start with 16 and currently there are 144 more in the game. That's 160 expansions, 2560 tiles. Not enough? I think the largest building in the game is Alcatraz at 70 tiles, that's 2.7% of a fully expanded city.

I think a common response to those who ask for more is that the game is designed to be challenging in the building/space decision process, it's part of what make the game interesting. I agree with this. I like the idea of a massive city but for this game it would not be good to be able to build every single building available plus a million Blacksmiths plus whatever else one wants to build.

Expansion.png

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Expansions

DeletedUser28670

I agree completely.
This should be a common response to more expansions.

I would love a gigantic city.
But as sloppy says it is just not logical.

DeletedUser26154

more ways to get expansions

I think we should have more Expansions available, but only if you've reached the very end of everything.
End of Tech Tree, Continent Map and all Story Quests.
And you have all the Medal Expansions paid for and claimed.
You had to Work Work Work to get to this point.

9457ba4375758a0f07d2f88a3bcd28c9.png

Then those Few earn the privilege to be allowed access to purchase this Sacred Land Unlock.

DeletedUser26532

I agree that expansions should not get out of hand. But they also therefore need to tone down the size and volume of event buildings if they aren't going to increase the expansion release in some manner.

Take this year for example:

Cherry Garden 5x5
Anniversary Garden: 5x4 (-3)
Maharaja Palace: 8x4
Elephant pond: 6x4
Necropolis: 7x3
Black Tower: 4x5
Winter Village: 5x6 (one of each)

That's a bit over 10 expansions not counting roads. That's a LOT of space. And it doesn't even factor in the historical questlines or the fall event. Let alone people who collect more than one of each set.

Yes, you have to make a choice about what you build, but if you want to actually enjoy the various event buildings, you are constantly searching for how to add space to your city in very limited ways.

DeletedUser27284

i would like to see a free expansion with every quest building won, they just take up too much space for little reward. maybe even have great buildings come with their own free plot! apart from these, there is usually plenty of space to play with.

DeletedUser8428

I agree that expansions should not get out of hand. But they also therefore need to tone down the size and volume of event buildings if they aren't going to increase the expansion release in some manner.

Take this year for example:

Cherry Garden 5x5
Anniversary Garden: 5x4 (-3)
Maharaja Palace: 8x4
Elephant pond: 6x4
Necropolis: 7x3
Black Tower: 4x5
Winter Village: 5x6 (one of each)

That's a bit over 10 expansions not counting roads. That's a LOT of space. And it doesn't even factor in the historical questlines or the fall event. Let alone people who collect more than one of each set.

Yes, you have to make a choice about what you build, but if you want to actually enjoy the various event buildings, you are constantly searching for how to add space to your city in very limited ways.

So that's the point, right? Most event buildings are not worth the payoff, but folks get all excited about winning them, put them up and then realize the bind they're in for space. Hard lesson, but you really only have to learn it once.