• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

More Winter Bakery Woes

Blister the Great

So I'm back with more building issues that I don't understand, this time it's Winter Bakery. I found the December 2020 threads About the Winter Bakery Buildings and I still have questions.
I have two worlds with Winter bakeries (Gingerbread and Macaron), I also had enough selection kits available to add a third building and decided on another Macaron Bakery thinking I would get the additional bonuses but because the description is as clear as Ferroconcrete I didn't understand.

If I resituate the two Macaron Bakeries on opposite sides of my Gingerbread Bakery will that get me the bonus or is having all four of the building types the only way to get the bonuses?

I didn't want to reshuffle the buildings and restart the timers if I didn't need to.

Either way these little "Gotchas" FOE likes to put in are annoying at best.

Blister

Master C1

To get the bonuses for 3 Bakeries they all need to be different named Bakeries 1 Gingerbread, 1 Macron and 1 Marzipan. If you have two of each you will get the bonus for only having two adjoining bakeries as they must be different bakeries to get all the bonuses and to get them adjoining you need to make sure one of the two first is offset by one row so they all touch two of the other bakeries.

Pericles the Lion

With 1 Gingerbread and 2 Macaron, the best that you can do is place the G in the middle with a M on both sides. That will give each building the 1st bonus. If you can collect enough pieces for a 4th bakery, get the Marzipan. Placing the 4 bakeries in a square with the Macarons on opposite corners will get you the 2nd bonus on the Macarones and the 1st bonus on the other 2.

Ironrooster

One of the things to consider is that the defense bonus for the Macron and attack bonus for Gingerbread is much larger for the first adjacent building.

So if your 3 buildings are Gingerbread, Macron, and Marzipan you get an attack boost of 15 and defense boost of 18. If your buildings are 2 Gingerbread, and 1 Macron you can get an attack boost of 20 and defense boost of 13. Or 1 Gingerbread and 2 Macron get 10 attack and 26 defense.

Mor-Rioghain

I have your exact same problem on my main! I made 2 Macron's and 1 Gingerbread and ultimately had to seat the G between the 2 M's, only giving me the 1x boost. Very frustrating! When the event was ongoing, I followed a guildie's advice in creating the 2 Macron's as we both mistakenly believed it would satisfy the 'equation' for both boosts. <sigh> Well, it didn't and until I get enough toppers to create my 4th (like I have on world 2, lucky side-world! lol), I'm stuck with it. Buuuuut, better to have 1x boost x2 than to only have 1x1 as was happening before I finally bit the bullet and put my #2 Macron back on the ground (not in my inventory where it just sat, taunting me). GL with getting that topper! (Btw, there is an excellent discussion thread and some graphics to boot in the Wiki on this very issue. Those graphs really helped me to deal with the 3 on my main and the 4 on my 2nd. I had kept them in a row before I saw that).

Blister the Great

With 1 Gingerbread and 2 Macaron, the best that you can do is place the G in the middle with a M on both sides. That will give each building the 1st bonus. If you can collect enough pieces for a 4th bakery, get the Marzipan. Placing the 4 bakeries in a square with the Macarons on opposite corners will get you the 2nd bonus on the Macarones and the 1st bonus on the other 2.
Thank you Pericles, I realigned with the Gingerbread in the middle last night and I'm satisfied with the outcome. In the future I'll do a little more reading prior to putting up combination buildings.

Mor-Rioghain

Okay, whew! I thought it was new info -- those bakeries have been the bane of my main city (the one 2/2macs+1ginger) since the event itself! <grumbling> why, oh, why did I get 4 bakeries on a world I don't fight regularly? lol