• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Motivating/Polishing

ol man Rufus

Is there a secret to maximizing the motivating/polishing I receive from Guildmates, friends and neighbors?
I aid everyone daily, Guildmates, friends and neighbors however collection after collection there are as many 40% of my SoK's that are not motivated/polished.
My city does NOT have any decorations, just GB's T-Farms, Event Bldg's, W/wells, Foy's and SoK

wolfhoundtoo

Well neighbors are hit or miss and likely mostly miss in regards to mo/po. Your guild doesn't have a rule requiring a certain amount of mo/po each week? How big is your guild? Your friend list is where you have the most control as you should remove those that aren't aiding you regularly and try and find new ones.

You didn't provide any numbers of the buildings that you have either so it's quite possible that you have many, many soks which takes work to keep up with by your friends list. When I had a lot of soks in my city I would try and reach out to newer players in chat or ask lower aged guildmates to suggest players in their hoods that were active and were aiding them. They tend to have invites at the lowest ages and may very well like a chance at a cheap blueprint or 2 for 5th.

ol man Rufus

Excellent points. I have 15 GB's and currently 28 SoK's, down from 36. I removed 8 recently and replaced them with a lvl 2 T-Farm. I can replace more with W/Wells and FoYs as both will provide me assets. My game is questing

My Guild is only 33 and I feel I am getting only about 25% who regularly aid.
Thanks for the tip re my friends list. I'll start culling through it immediately.

Ironrooster

I have 22 buildings I need motivated. This almost always happens plus about another 5 or so that I don't care about. One reason I don't have SoK's is because they have too little return for the motivation.

The Lady Redneck

How often do you clear the dead wood out of your FL? OK it is a tedious job, but I do it once a month to weed out those who have stopped playing or who only aid once a week or so. I also only aid from my town hall. That helps show up non aiders. Aid has more benefits than the coin and protecting aidable buildings from plunder. Every GB is age specific so aiding buildings from the Era of a GB you are needing BPs for will help you get them. So it pays to keep your FL full of active players. Also get rid of any who are out of bronze age and still have no tablecloth. That tablecloth gives you the chance of a free FP. A good way to find players who are likely to be active, is to visit the tavern of someone who does aid you daily and send FRs to those visiting their taverns. It is also a good idea to have about 50% of your FL made up of players who are in a higher age than you as aiding them gives the chance of BPs for higher Era GBs. Another benefit from having high Era players on your FL is that if you get Truce Tower GB and aid them daily you get goods from their Era

ol man Rufus

Thank you. I clear out my friends list regularly and yes I am aware of the need for a Tavern Table cloth.

I aid using the "AID" button for all players. Guildmates, friends and neighbors. I have a T/T and use the AID button to gather future goods from Guildmates and Friends who are higher than my era.

I have never used the Town Hall method. How often do you do that? Would you let me know the process you use? Thanks

The Lady Redneck

OK I only play on a PC so I do not know if this works the same way on a phone or android device. Go to your townhall > News> Events History. Then in top corner of that window you will see a little square blue Icon with 3 bars. Click that and you will get the choice to show or hide filter options. Choose Show. You will see a new bar just above the list of players that has 2 drop down menues. One gives All players, Guild, Hood or friends. the other is All Events and the drop down list lets you choose which events you want to check on. So if you choose Guild and All Events. That will let you see which guild members have aided you, accepted trades, donated to your GBs Etc. Same goes for Hood and friends. If you aid everyone from there. then go check on your social bar. any who have not aided you will still be showing (those who have will be greyed out. Unfortunately INNO chooses not to grey out those who have visited your tavern which is a pity. That wouls alos be a great help.

Last edited:

ol man Rufus

Oh crap! What a dummy I am! The things you learn after playing for 4 years! LOL
I have the "filter options" available but am not using them as you suggest. Thank you.

So to understand you correctly, do you update your AIDING and TAVERN VISITS from the History list each time to log on, or do you have a daily routine where you review that history back to the last time?

Ebeondi Asi

I clear out players who do not aid about once a month. Using the Town hall and searching individual names. any Friend not aiding at least three times in the five day history Plus at least two Tavern (I allow my tavern may have been full a bit) is booted. Nothing I can do about Guild (though most Guilds have a requirement to aid at least xx times per week) and I do not expect Neighbors to aid. Though I do check the Neighbors for those who do Aid and then invite them to become Friends if they are aiding every day.
How I find new people to be Friends? sorry that is difficult.
If you do not have a bunch of Friends who aid nearly every day, I would do the checking more often than once a month... until you have a a group of Friends who do aid regularly.
IMO if you do not want to put in the work then you get what you earned.

67Sage101

There are some tools that help you determine which of your friends is helping the most and which ones aren't at all. I suggest one of those. I use one to figure out who to drop next. But I have to balance that with high level friends that contrib to 1.9 but never M/P.

ol man Rufus

Sage that's a good point. I don't make an issue if a Guildmate who is active within the guild but doesn't M/P. I can always count on them supporting the Self Leveling thread.

I am in PE and in my original question I was trying to find out why an Industrial SoK would be motivated before an SoK from my Era. I can't find any documentation as to how the game sets M/P priorities

The Lady Redneck

@ Rufus... on your question about why the lower age SoK gets motivated first. When you just hit the aid button the system picks the lowest value object in that city to aid. In the days before there was an aid button we had to visit each persons city individually to aid them. Everyone has a message on their profile saying which building they wanted polished or aided first. (hence the word polivate was born LOL).

As to Aiding now I aid all 3 groups daily. From the town hall. I also use a tool that cannot be mentioned when it comes to weeding out my FL. But to me the hood is the most important. In my townhall those in my hood who have aided me I aid back so that leaves me clear to attack and plunder all the rest. It also shows me any who have attacked me so I can attack them back from there. It also shows any whose GBs I have sniped that have levelled. so I can click on their avatar in my townhall to visit their GBs right away to see if another snipable spot is available.

Last edited: