• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Multistory Houses Unlock

• Thread starter DeletedUser17601
  • Start date

DeletedUser17601

Why? Why out of all the techs, would you place one in which you need diamonds to unlock? I have looked at each tech and Multistory houses is literally for only tech listed that requires the use of diamonds to open. Which is why I have not and will not research it as i don't buy (nor have a way to buy) diamonds. Couldn't you (see GM's) change the unlock cost to to match the tend of all the other techs? You know so it DOESN'T cost diamonds?

DeletedUser9184

The reason why it cost diamonds is because the Multistory house is the "premium" building in that age, even though it also cost coins and supplies. You do not need to unlock that tech for any quest, so you can leave it unresearched for as long as you like :)

DeletedUser8861

In the long time I have been playing and with my many worlds (at one point I was actively playing 14 worlds) I have never unlocked multi story houses....just needed my diamonds for land expansions and it was too costly. That said I see many people use them, so I assume that they have done a cost vs. benefit ratio and for them it made sense. (of course I don't buy diamonds either).

DeletedUser17601

But it is literally the only tech in which you need diamonds to unlock. None of the other Ages have things that require diamonds to unlock, I know, I have looked

DeletedUser8861

The developers are the ones who set that up, and since they are busy updating and fixing the game, we can't ask them why they created one technology only that requires diamonds....my suspicion is since EMA is early in the game and one of the first ages they created...that originally they had planned to have premium (diamond) research through out the ages and probably faced such a backlash from the players that they just eliminated any further research that cost diamonds.

DeletedUser17601

That is actually a very good theory now that I think about it :)

DeletedUser8152

But it is literally the only tech in which you need diamonds to unlock. None of the other Ages have things that require diamonds to unlock, I know, I have looked
All the other ages have premium houses that it costs diamonds to build. Between the two, I'd rather have the option to spend a few diamonds to unlock a tech and then build all I want, vs spending diamonds on every house.

My own (entirely uninformed) notion was that they only did it once because it was too good a deal, they make more money off of the regular premium buildings.

DeletedUser16911

My only issue with this particular tech is that I did not realize when I entered that age that it was a diamond tech, and I wasted some FPs on researching it before I learned that. I had misassumed that the diamond cost given was what it would cost to unlock/research the tech IMMEDIATELY (as they give the option for with many other things, including, yes, researching/unlocking techs). Plus, there are probably some users who don't understand that it's an optional tech they do not need to research; until recently I thought you had to research everything in each age in order to move to the next age. :unsure:
I don't mind it being a premium tech...I just wish it'd be removed from the tech tree, or else that they would make it much clearer (maybe by "disconnecting" it from the tech tree proper?--so it floats all on its own or something?--like a falling leaf?) that it's optional and it WILL require diamonds to unlock. Just so other saps like me don't waste FPs researching something we'll never unlock or use. :hmph:

DeletedUser28035

How will affect to the player's rank, if unlock the multistory houses tech with the diamonds? If so, how many points? Let us know....

Agent327

How will affect to the player's rank, if unlock the multistory houses tech with the diamonds? If so, how many points? Let us know....

You are digging up an old post. At that time you could gain points from collecting coins. You can't anymore.