• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

my city is gone

Wawa L2P

Hi there; this is a very nice game! Played it or a few weeks, went through the first 2-3 ages and then my city/world has wordlessly disappeared ;(
Is there a way to restore it? The game sent me back to the very beginning with intro/training class of the stone age. Any ideas why? TIA. Wawa.

GeniePower

Most likely you're logging into a different account (Facebook vs Google vs regular login) or to a different market (US vs EN or similar). Cities don't disappear when they're active

Wawa L2P

During those weeks, there was only 1 world the game offered me to log-in (several dozens of logins), and there was only 1 city I was building from scratch, but then I was inactive for about 2 weeks - this was period of time when the game upgraded itself to a new version - the result is my world is lost.
I'd guess the new version does not allow old cities to be played - a glitch by design? - too bad...

Pericles the Lion

Are you sure that you didn't accidentally start up new city when you logged back in. Try clicking on the logout icon (upper right). When the logout screen appears, click on "switch world". Does your original world appear at the top in the group of "active worlds"? If so, click on it to get back to your original city. If not, oops.

The Lady Redneck

Cities do not just get deleted. There are hundreds of them sitting there belonging to people who left the game years ago. What world did you start your first city in and on which servers.?

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

US is not the same as international , post your starting URL but just the name part , Full links aren’t allowed here. For instance US23

Wawa L2P

Cities do not just get deleted. There are hundreds of them sitting there belonging to people who left the game years ago. What world did you start your first city in and on which servers.?
> What world did you start your first city in and on which servers.?
I did not pay attention to those code-generated names; they surely did not look of latin/greek (romano-germanic) origin.
The server was US10 at least for some sessions.

Emberguard

I would suggest you contact support. The following are the inactivity criteria according to the forum announcements, so as long as you don't fit into either criteria then the account should still be on the system. But you will need to contact support ASAP if you're having trouble finding the account

Also, Inactivity, World Deletion (Forum Announcement: Sep 10, 2017):
For Stone Age and Bronze Age cities, the system will erase them after 30 days of inactivity, meaning if you do not login for 30 days straight. Your city will become 'inactive' ingame after the first week and will not show in the neighborhood. If you have 301 diamonds or morein your user account, the system would still preserve the city.

For Iron Age and Early Middle Ages cities, the system will erase them after 30 days of inactivity, meaning if you do not login for 30 days straight. Your city will become 'inactive' ingame after the first week and will not show in the neighborhood. If you have 50 diamonds or more in your user account, the system would still preserve the city.

Higher ages are currently excluded from deletion.

And, Inactivity for entire account deletion (Forum Announcement: Jun 21, 2018)
  • We will begin automatically deleting accounts that have not logged into the game or the forum for at least 12 months (for accounts that have made at least one purchase this period is extended to 3 years after the last purchase)
  • When removing a game account, the associated forum account will also be deleted. This identification is done by the username.
  • Forum account names will be changed if the associated game account name changes for any reason.

Wawa L2P

Thank you, Emberguard. It explains the issue: "30 days of inactivity"... I have no idea what they are trying to say. "We are short on storage..." :D

Emberguard

I have no idea what they are trying to say. "We are short on storage..." :D
It means they consider it to no longer be in use if it's not sufficiently advanced through the gameplay / diamonds. Most players that start a account and don't reach past a certain amount of gameplay are unlikely to return, or even remember they made an account if they do return later on.

So if you want to avoid the inactivity deletion, at least reach High Middle Ages so the 30 days no longer applies.

Wawa L2P

It means they consider it to no longer be in use if it's not sufficiently advanced through the gameplay / diamonds. Most players that start a account and don't reach past a certain amount of gameplay are unlikely to return, or even remember they made an account if they do return later on.

So if you want to avoid the inactivity deletion, at least reach High Middle Ages so the 30 days no longer applies.
>...to avoid the inactivity deletion, at least reach High Middle Ages...
nope! my world is gone again. i guess the reason - for *them* at least - is a very simple fact that i have not spent a single penny.
No money No honey :(

Pericles the Lion

nope! my world is gone again. i guess the reason - for *them* at least - is a very simple fact that i have not spent a single penny.
It's not about you not spending money. Lots of players are F2P. Did you start another city and go inactive for 30 days before aging up to High Middle Ages?

Emberguard

If you’ve reached High Middle Ages, then the city is still there unless you’ve deleted it.

It’s quite likely that you’ve accidentally created a new account instead of logging into your old one, or lost the login credentials, or tried logging onto the wrong server.

Please contact support if you’re having trouble with your account