• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

My First Attempt at Daily Challenge

DeletedUser26965

Part 1 of 7 8 (if I'm lucky)
feel free to comment as I go along, this is my first time and all

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

Part 7
Part 8

So I’ve decided to give the Daily Challenge a shot for the first time and went for the Collector’s Chest.

collectors chest.PNG

I’m attempting this on an alt WW IA world that’s been hanging around with at least some resources; coins, supplies, goods from collecting WW’s, so I figure what the heck, give it a try.
Here’s the first three quests I got;

Win 10 Battles
Spend 1,000 Tavern Silver
Solve 3 GE by negotiation

Now I don’t have any GB’s up, I don’t have PvP unlocked so I don’t get plundered and I’m in a casual open guild. This really limits my options for doing 10 battles to GE or Cmap. So I figure GE will be fine and see how the Spearfighters hold up against 10 encounters. Then I’ll Buy the Extra Turn and negotiate 3 to satisfy the other quests.

The Spears were holding up pretty well on auto battle, nearly wiped on encounters 5 and 7. Running out of attempts after 8 GE battles and having 6 hours left in the DC timer I decide to buy an attempt, luckily WW’s give medals so I have a bit and the cost is low. Next chest I got 2 Attempts so that was nice. Then encounter 9 I wipe on auto;

wipe.gif

Okay, a lost attempt and 8 dead Spears which are easy enough to replace, no biggie, I’ll try manual battle.

Wipe again.

wipe-2.gif

Apparently I’m not a very good fighter. So I figure I can make up for my noobness and either spend some tavern silver on an attack boost and try again or build some other units. Having only 15,000 Tavern Silver I opt to build other units. I could build 2 Soldiers Barracks and 2 Archery Ranges. I can’t build Mounted Warrior, Ballista and Legionnaire yet without unlocking tech and PvP.

But for those units then I would be sitting here waiting for the barracks to be built, then the time it takes to make the units. I have 6 hours left on the challenge. It takes over an hour to make the barracks and nearly 2 hours per unit. I could spend 40 Diamonds to instabuild the Barracks and 50 diamonds each to instamake the units. That would be 480 Diamonds just to build an army of 4 Archers and 4 Soldiers. Spending that many diamonds in order to do one battle to satisfy one quest, would, well, be just stupid.

I could build the other BA Barracks since they are faster to build and produce. I figure what the heck and will try 4 Slingers and 4 Spearfighters. So I build 4 Slinger Barracks so it will only take 1 hour to make 4 of them, I’m also building the other BA barracks just in case I need to get more tactical here.

Bored waiting I decide to look through my inventory and what do I find? Checkmate Square! Wahoo! So I plop that sucker down and BOOM 5% attack boost. Let’s give them Spears another chance ay!

The 2 Horseman go first then it's my turn. I put 3 Spearmen in a couple of terrain boost spots and hold the rest back.

The rest of their army goes and a Sliger and the Stone Thrower each get a shot off on one of my Spearfighters, a Horseman finishes him off.

I take out the two Horsemen. I don't have very good position to hit the Warriors so I retreat and try to manage to get the Warriors off of plains as they get a terrain bonus. Well, here’s the result;

wipe-3.gif

So I look in my goody bag again. Hey I got a Champions Retreat! Oh, wait, yeah, a 22.5 hours to produce:(. But hey! I got 3 pieces of the blossom set! I can get 2% more boost! LET'S DO THIS! Okay no, I won’t, I know that 7% isn't really going to do anything. 7% of 7 is .49 and I think Inno rounds up at .50 So I would need 8% to give the Spears an attack value of 8 total. BUT WAIT! There’s an attack boost for only 750 silver that gives 10%! THAT'S GOTTA DO IT! LET'S ROCK THIS! WAIIIIITTTT! I look again at my stuff. ZEUS! OMG! And I got the goods and fp’s to build, now we’re talkin!

HELLO!

HELLO!.gif

Ohhhhh yeahhhh...

VICTORY.gif

first-part-complete.gif

Figures;

figures.gif

Well, we'll have to wait and see what the next one offers and will I make it to the Challengers Chest!?!;

see-how-it-goes.gif

CHEERS!

Part 2

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33058

Win 10 Battles
Spend 1,000 Tavern Silver
Solve 3 GE by negotiation

Now I don’t have any GB’s up, I don’t have PvP unlocked so I don’t get plundered and I’m in a casual open guild. This really limits my options for doing 10 battles to GE or Cmap. So I figure GE will be fine and see how the Spearfighters hold up against 10 encounters. Then I’ll Buy the Extra Turn and negotiate 3 to satisfy the other quests.
To win Battles here's what I do.
When the neighborhood rotates, I will start with the lowest rated players in the hood and attack, anyone with a decent defense, I surrender, but the ones with only 2 spears get added to my list of easy fights (I keep a list of 8), that way when a Quest or DC comes up that asks for winning X number of battles in a row or win X number of battles, I've got it covered.
Unfortunately I don't/won't negotiate in GE, I always fight, (I don't loose goods that way), so those few quests are a loss for me.

DeletedUser26965

Part 2

Next Challenge I choose the Indian Palace Chest

Indian-Palace-Set-Day-2.gif

Would have been nice to have a reminder on the Daily Tab that the timer is going with an active progress bar but okay.

So Sitting in Taverns is easy because I never sit in my alt cities, sorry "friends", just takes too much time. So bam, that suckers done.

Great, activate 3 tavern boosts, don’t like spending Tavern Silver but okay. I could do the 200 silver 4h ones that would cost 600 total but then this would take me 8 hours and I want this sucker done NAAAAO. I could go for two of the 30m 750ts attack boost at only an hour then do the 200, total cost 1700ts. Or I could do 2 Extra Turn and a 200, 3200ts. Or I could do the diamond thing, sheesh, no. Let me think about this while I go over the third task.

Collect 80 goods. Great, I have no goods buildings, had to tear them down for the first challenge to make room and pop for military buildings. But luckily enough my WW’s came up, let’s collect them. Got 40 goods. Okay 40 left, let’s look at the market.

Great, 2 pages of guild trades and I can’t take any. Well looks like I’m spending fp’s. Oh god my market is horrible in what I can take, 7 whole pages and 6 of them are the Merchants lol. Luckily enough there were four “fair” trades I could take so only needed two. 2fp’s spent, Task complete.

Back to that 3 tavern boost requirement I opt for the 30 minute one. Take a shower and stuff. Hit the next 30 min one, run to the store, get back then hit the 4h one, boom, done, easy bake muffins, no really, that’s what I went to the store for, to make some easy bake muffins.

Figures, again;

figures-2.gif

Till next time then!

2 complete.PNG

Part 3

DeletedUser26965

Part 3

Today I choose the Item’s User’s Chest because the other was 5 BP’s yikes.

Day-3-1.gif

Donate 20 goods okay, yeah, easy peasy, contribute 5 fp’s to a GB yeah yeah no problem, okay, finish 15 15m productions, hmmm, well, looks like I gotta make some room again for a bunch of blacksmiths, not so bad though I gue...wait, oh god...c’mon...Acquire 1 Sector on the cmap by fighting, well let’s have a looksy then…

Day-3-2.gif

Okay, well got one province there, let’s look inside…

day-3-3.gif

Lovely, have to conquer a province in order to conquer a sector, let’s see the units…

day-3-4.gif

Just gets better and better, 4 EMA @20% nice, well I guess I could scout the other province, might be the best choice I guess if there really is one,

sigh…
Day-3-5.gif

Well, I could wait, or…

day-3-6.gif

You only live once right!

No Alabaster? Okay, 5 sectors and a variety of EMA, but at least they’re not boosted…

So, I’ll just see what I can do here, hmmmm, I got to try it...

day-3-8.gif

...I mean I get an infiltrate ya know, so…full auto baby...and...here...we...go…

day-3-9.gif
FAIL!

But hey, I’m numero uno in the BA tower, I mean c’mon 10 Medals baby, and the bragging rights, ooohhh yeahhhh. Hmm, back to the task at hand, what to do, what to do...Advance to EMA? Don’t think that’s gonna happen. Let’s check the calc…Hmm, seems if I want a guaranteed hit of 5 I need a minimum of 16 attack value. My highest is Archer with 10 so I need at least 55%.

I suppose I could do the 30% tavern boost and blow most of my tavern silver, I can get another level or two on SoZ, but then I need the Archers and I currently only have 2. Well, okay, hours later crunching the numbers I find BA units are not the way to go, although with just enough boost it could happen, I mean anything can with enough boost right? So I dump all my BA military and build another Archer and Soldier Barracks. I further lose my mind and unlock three techs for some more expansions and Legionnaires, and what the heck while I’m at it blow a bunch more fp’s on another SoZ level, these DC’s get you doing crazy things.

And so I got crazy and said, hey, how about these Soldiers I got lyin' around and a Champ even, why the heck not, I mean I'm making em anyway might as well test and see…

day-3-14.gif

BOOM! Got it baby!

day-3-1888.gif

TILL NEXT TIME THEN!

Part 4

DeletedUser26965

Part 4

Hey I get another shot at a blossom piece. Easy peasy tasks too…

day-4-1.gif

...well, what do we have here, collect 1000 tavern silver, hmmm, WW alt cities and tavern don’t mix too well, and have to depend on others to sit, me no likey this, well better than spending so let’s go look…

day-4-2.gif

Hmmm, well, I could update the Tray and add 2% and perhaps the floor too and go sitting, but then I really should update my friends to look for non sitters and inactive...sheesh, I feel like a hypocrite never sitting myself but hey, not my fault, it’s this damned task yo! Gotta blame something anyway.

Good god searching for “inactive” friends is horrible on this system, please dear gamer gods make inno fix this. But hey, I don’t feel so bad as most of the people on my “friends” list never aid/sit so now I don’t feel so bad for never aiding or sitting. DOWN TO 15 FRIENDS! Oh god help me.

Well did some upgrading anyway…

day-4-3.gif

...but I think I’m screwed on this task...I decide to hit the “friend finder” and invite all 10 of em. I then Aid and request to be friends with the top 20 in my hood. I don’t know what the breaking point is on these tasks and how many friends one has to determine which task one gets but I think I’ll try getting to and keeping it at 39 friends. Of course this does nothing as we can’t sit in new friends tavern for 24 hours from the time they accept, pfft, this must be a joke task I think.

Well, 405 silver needed so need 7 sitters;

day-4-4.gif

O’well, don’t think that’s gonna happen, task failed, sad times:( might as well grab a shot and a beer while I'm here and tell the bartender about it.

day-4-5.gif

Till next time then.

P.S.
I believe a 13 seat table with a Gold tray will get 1030 silver when full
936+10%(93.6)=1029(plus I think inno rounds up at .5 so 1030)
Friends Tavern

A Silver Tray will do for 1011 Silver;

65161561.gif

Part 5

DeletedUser26965

At least with the new system you didnt lose a completion. ;)
I have to say though, the "hidden costs" to these tasks is incredible, all the upgrading, tearing down, building etc. good grief. AND I'M ONLY 4 DAYS IN!

DeletedUser33297

I have to say though, the "hidden costs" to these tasks is incredible, all the upgrading, tearing down, building etc. good grief. AND I'M ONLY 4 DAYS IN!

Hmmm, it may seem that way since your trying to complete every one. From your last encounter you can see all the effort doing that requires, and you went above and beyond my friend. Im the same way, I try and complete EVERY DC, but some days I look at it and say, "That's just not worth the reward." At least now I can see that prior to even starting it. Back when, I might try and get part of it complete before realizing my mistake. When I wake up now, I dont do anything in my city until I see what the DC wants. I have sat in taverns, collected, etc, only to find that's what the DC wanted.
I'm sure you'll find what's best for you. It's just like every thing else you've figured out. ;):)

DeletedUser26965

Hmmm, it may seem that way since your trying to complete every one. From your last encounter you can see all the effort doing that requires, and you went above and beyond my friend. Im the same way, I try and complete EVERY DC, but some days I look at it and say, "That's just not worth the reward." At least now I can see that prior to even starting it. Back when, I might try and get part of it complete before realizing my mistake. When I wake up now, I dont do anything in my city until I see what the DC wants. I have sat in taverns, collected, etc, only to find that's what the DC wanted.
I'm sure you'll find what's best for you. It's just like every thing else you've figured out. ;):)
Yes, I'm thinking once I'm experienced at these and hone in on the task requirements by the time all is said and done things will settle down and become less costly and easier to do as my city will be geared for them. I can't imagine what this must be like for a new player on a new city.

I had some pretty good stuff to start with; coins, supplies, fp's, some event buildings in inventory, SoZ tucked away in there etc. so made adjusting easier, a new player though? oy vey, got a ways to go or a month trying to open one chest waiting for blacksmith tasks or something lol.

DeletedUser33297

Hey, you have 1 huge thing going for you....you aren't a new player. You were aware of "being prepared" before most players are. That's a plus in my book. ;)
Looking forward to tomorrows attempt. Good luck brother. :)

DeletedUser26965

Part 5

Ahhh, a nice new day, let’s see what we got tod…

Day-5-1.gif

...sheesh, wasn't even worth getting out of bed for, sigh, but okay, got that big chest to look forward to, one day, maybe.

day-5-2.gif

Okay, 15 4h productions, guess it’s build more Blacksmiths time, no bother, I got a lot of experience at building blacksmiths New Kit Proposal, anyone got a finish naaaooo kit?

Let’s see here, got 4 Blacksmiths already from the other task earlier, so that’s 11 more needed, multiplied by 12, so 132 population needed, have 11 population so subtract that from 132 = 121, a cottage provides 73 population so yeah, two of them will do, hey, this is like grade school all over again, joy joy, where’s my smiley.

day-5-3.gif

hours

laterrrrr….

day-5-4.gif

done and...

day-5-5.gif
figures.

Well got the big one to look forward to anyway...

day-5-6.gif

Till next time then!

Part 6

DeletedUser32824

For acquiring goods I usually just create a trade-back and post it in the guild chat. Provided you aren't in an inactive guild this can be a solution. Need to collect 50 goods? Post a trade for 25 timber for 25 dye then a trade for 25 dye for 25 timber. You will end up with the same amount of resources as before and would have acquired 50 goods.

DeletedUser26965

Part 6

A New Day Begins With New Challenges, let us see shall we?

1.gif

Another bummer, but hey I'm pressing on, got bigger fish to catch chests to get here...

2.gif

oh boy, but hey, let's give them snazzy new units a try...

3.gif

5.gif

k, maybe not, GOODS TO THE RESCUE!

6.gif

Untitled-1.gif
index.php

Now, where were we...

oh yeah,

Untitled-2.gif

hope a Province was worth it, :confused:

till next time then!

Part 7

DeletedUser31882

Part 6
oh boy, but hey, let's give them snazzy new units a try...

hope a Province was worth it, :confused:

This double or triple confirms my long-held suspicion that there is a loophole in Inno's proclamation that 'scouting is not necessary to complete DCs'. As you illustrate, if you had not scouted, you would not have been able to complete the DC. Me thinks Inno needs to re-work that bit of code to detect how many sectors are available to be conquered and have that as an upper limit to the DC sector task.

Always a fun read. Thank you for the entertainment!

DeletedUser26965

This double or triple confirms my long-held suspicion that there is a loophole in Inno's proclamation that 'scouting is not necessary to complete DCs'. As you illustrate, if you had not scouted, you would not have been able to complete the DC. Me thinks Inno needs to re-work that bit of code to detect how many sectors are available to be conquered and have that as an upper limit to the DC sector task.

Always a fun read. Thank you for the entertainment!
Thank you. And it's actually the second time I scouted because in part 2 I had a task to Acquire a Sector and while I could have taken the one and only sector I had available at the time it would have actually been Acquire a Province. Funny I end up having to Acquire a Province anyway as that task in Part 6 called for 5 sectors so I would have had to either Acquire 2 Provinces or Scout and take a sector from the Province where the Alabaster deposit is.

I guess if there is a defense of this it would be you could just skip the Challenge that day which I guess isn't the worst thing in the world as all that does is set you back a day every time. I don't know, I just want to do them no matter what and see where it goes. I've quickly come to see the "hidden costs" to DC as I call it, like you pointed out here, it's all the stuff you have to do IF you want to actually do the tasks, the cost in coins, supplies, time, city changes, tavern, diamonds even, tech, the change of game play. I mean all I had in that city before starting this was the WW's and now look, military buildings, SoZ, special buildings, etc.