• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Need more Store Building reward opportunities

qaccy

1) Extend existing structures with directly time-limited enhancements of the current value it offers: Example: If Inno wanted to smooth and increase player adoption of GE 5 and encourage more people to start playing it OR go further in it, they could offer a new product for things already won in GE 5. What if they created a flask of super-charge the GREATER RITUAL FLAME. It takes ALL/ANY currently placed GREATER RITUAL FLAME in a city and boosts it output temporarily by 50% for say, 1/2 hour (for example).

This concept means that players have to keep working @ GE 5 to get their base items first AND planted in their city, but after they get just 1 of them, Inno could then enable an item to be won that enhances the power of a class of items temporarily for use during GE 5 fighting to help the players that OWN and have deployed that product. This concept adds a 1st or 2nd derivative to a new piece, and might encourage people to be more interested in building on their winnings, vs selling things they win.

2) Extend existing structures with time-limited new feature enhancements The Victory tower is the running joke of the game, frankly. There are guilds that say in their profile: If you have Victory towers in your city - do NOT apply to the guild".
So again, Inno might consider cross pollinating on the game's "ugly ducklings" so that building them first will enable a new type of temporary value/power to give it a new compelling overall game value, but only if you have it in your city or want to put them in your city.

There is so much innovation possible here - they just have to take that step to think inventively.
All of this just sounds like the existing level/upgrade system for buildings, with a move towards stronger bonuses at the cost of them being temporary. Golden upgrades are an additional level of enhancement that's still fairly new, so I feel like Inno's essentially already doing this stuff.

Xenosaur

@qaccy - Not really what exists now. It's a conditional extension rewarding model. If the key fits the lock, it turns on. Here's a different simpler example that might help:

If you put on an avatar you won in a previous GE 5 encounter, and then play in a new week of GE 5, a new class of reward objects (or a single object) in an encounter turns on to potentially win.

There are dozens of opportunities to shape the earnings forward, by choices of use or winnings or decisions previously. It's a design that shapes the gameplay forward from active decisions and user choices made in the past, along with special cases (like wearing an avatar in GE while playing GE for some small incremental value).

You could also add value to the current achievement system, for micro-perks, much like the emissaries won in settlements.

There are vast untapped idea to custom tailor the game to a higher enjoyment level, along with revenue generation built into it.

qaccy

@Xerosaur I'm not really concerned with the means, so much as the ends. Enough players already complain whenever new 'hoops' are added to jump through, that even if Inno entertained these ideas they probably wouldn't be very popular. There's elegance in simplicity, at least as far as mass appeal goes. That's why new functionality is fairly rare, compared to just iterating on what's already there.

--E--

Store buildings have gotten insanely hard to get. I quit playing for a little over 2 years and came back a few months ago. I have tons of new buildings to place, but I can't seem to get a Store Building anywhere. 0 for 21 on Jade Relics, which is insane to me. Thought about a Flying Island, but the rewards are surprisingly awful. There were Store Buildings available as a Daily Prize and Alternate Daily Prize in the Beta server for the Summer event, I can only hope the Devs include them on the prod event. Sometimes I really worry about the devs for this game and whether or not "they get it", between this, the Flying Island, and the garbage can that is the Antique Dealer I've been majorly disappointed. If I needed a Grand Bridge, an event building from 2018, I could have purchased 6 or 7 this week from the AD....

Ebeondi Asi

Store building is not needed if willing to discard. Just throw that building out!!!
Last Event I foolishly saved all my Winners Plaza2 and now I wish I had tossed them instead and saved the Store Buildings LOL
I have thrown out good stuff. In particular a few Sentinel2 (only out of desperation.. )
Luckily I save my Govenors Villas. (so I can now plant them back as Viceroy Villas.

In general yes store Buildings are getting rather scarce.

Ebeondi Asi

One point to make is as it is clear upgrades to main buildings are becoming standard in Events...
So with no Store Building it no longer makes sense for me (with no way to store buildings we know will have special upgrades in later Events.)
So with no store buildings, no reason to buy Diamonds for Events! So I save spending actual money because of a shortage of a trivial bit of kit???

If the choice is to toss buildings with future upgrades vs getting current event buildings.. I will keep the ones I have and forego buying $$$ Diamonds to get buildings in a current Event I cannot place. (Even with adding all the Expansions in Titan. I already have enough stuff to fill those. LOL)
I hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

Mik the Maker

Halloween Event’s “Monster Ranch’s Nightmare Box” produces fragments of Store Building, but I only see it on the $30 bar.