• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Negotiating Spots on GBs

Kaijudo

Hey,

So, I came upon a huge winfall of FP recently, and I was looking for friends to snipe. I found a Level 131 Arctic Orangery that had one spot empty. I put in all my FP and ended up with third place. However, the owner's being a battleaxe. Best he can do is offer me 150 for 4th place, which would only get me 144FP back. At this point, I've invested 137FP and he's yet to muscle out 4th and 5th. He wants 1.9 for his 3rd place. Yet, have you seen 4th and 5th? Arctic Orangery.png

I've offered him some High Middle Ages goods at an unfair trade. What do I do to maintain 3rd place? If you look at my city, you'll see I only make 29FP a day in bonuses. I spend FP as soon as I make them. I mean, they have to be spent. Just once I'd like to get a major FP winfall to get some new tech and snipe more buildings. What do I do?

Nicholas002

dumping FPs on a GB without locking the place is a gamble: you either win big, or lose big.

I personally never add to a GB without locking the place. I'd rather be guaranteed a modest profit, than have a chance to win a big profit, but risk getting nothing... others like to gamble.

Now that you've added them already, there's not much you can do. he will likely demand 1.9 on all positions. So what you should do, is figure out which scenario wins you more net FPs:
1.) taking P3 at 1.9
OR
2.) not adding more, and getting knocked to p4

Kaijudo

As it stands now, if I did nothing and this guy did find a 1.9 at 3rd, I'd go down to 4th place. That'd be worth 144 FP, I'd barely make a profit. I can't make FP fast enough.

DevaCat

What they said. Also, if it's a friend, best to ask first -- he may have made arrangements with others that you are disrupting. Then again, you used the word "snipe", so I'm not sure how you're looking at it. You risk losing friends if not careful.

If you're only making 29 FP a day, you have to be more cautious about trying to make a FP profit from investing/sniping, and in selecting your target the number of blueprints could be factored into your decisions. Keep in mind the 144 FP you would get back from taking 4th goes into your inventory -- a good thing for you if you are spending FP-bar fps as you get them.

Now, from what you've written it doesn't seem like you really understand the situation. The owner doesn't have to "muscle out" 4th and 5th -- those two are either opportunists hoping for a windfall or players waiting for a sniping chance to open up or players who don't have a clue. They will get muscled out by people investing at 1.9. Look at the investment on 2nd place. You really think your little 137 is gonna take 3rd? On a level 131 GB? Not very realistic I'm afraid. Your best bet is to try to score 5th or 4th on higher level GBs when you can and be happy if you make a handful of fps. You just don't have the bank to go after bigger scores.

Farfle the smelly

What they said. Also, if it's a friend, best to ask first -- he may have made arrangements with others that you are disrupting. Then again, you used the word "snipe", so I'm not sure how you're looking at it. You risk losing friends if not careful.

If you're only making 29 FP a day, you have to be more cautious about trying to make a FP profit from investing/sniping, and in selecting your target the number of blueprints could be factored into your decisions. Keep in mind the 144 FP you would get back from taking 4th goes into your inventory -- a good thing for you if you are spending FP-bar fps as you get them.

Now, from what you've written it doesn't seem like you really understand the situation. The owner doesn't have to "muscle out" 4th and 5th -- those two are either opportunists hoping for a windfall or players waiting for a sniping chance to open up or players who don't have a clue. They will get muscled out by people investing at 1.9. Look at the investment on 2nd place. You really think your little 137 is gonna take 3rd? On a level 131 GB? Not very realistic I'm afraid. Your best bet is to try to score 5th or 4th on higher level GBs when you can and be happy if you make a handful of fps. You just don't have the bank to go after bigger scores.
That’s a really great point about them being moved into Inventory. OP, I would just let it ride, he’s basically done you the favor of giving you more control of your windfall. Now you know for next time to make a prior arrangement. Good lesson with a good end, I’d say?

Kaijudo

Yeah, I'd say so. The FP reward for 4th is 110 FP, I'd get 34 bonus FP due to my Arc. He's willing to give me 4th for 150 (as opposed to 209). I've put in 144 FP so far, which means if I paid 150 for 4th, I'd be at a 6 FP loss. I guess I'll just take my chances.