• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Neighbourhoods

Mark of Cornwall

When are the neighbourhoods really going to change. I play on 6 worlds and
for the last 10 months all my neighbourhoods have basically not changed.
I've just been notified by the spy that there are changes to all 6 hoods but
any changes are barely perceptible, maybe a couple of changes and some
of them will be adjusted when Inno realises they've put IA players in a mainly
TF/TE hood. We are led to believe that hoods merge and combine in a
dramatic way, not so. If you are unlucky enough to be # 65+ in a hood and
getting plundered on a daily basis there doesn't seem to be any out for
you for at least a year.

DeletedUser14197

Hey, I was sixty something in a hood for months. So to answer your first question, I would advise not holding your breath. The game does what it does and it has done that for a long time no matter how many people have complained about ti. I checked mine in my main city this morning and less than 10 new people arrived. I aided everyone last night and counted the people who weren't aided this morning. My top neighbors were all the same, but there was a new person added in occasionally. And about the game adjusting it when they realize they put IA players in the TF/TE, I am not sure if they do that. I have had huge age differences in some of my hoods, that didn't change at least until the next merge, if then.

The advice for if you are getting plundered is:
collect on time (you can repeat that 100 times or more as it is the main advice. It doesn't take into account that you cannot participate in the towers, or retaliate against a player that you cannot come close to winning against, but hey.... at least you won't lose any goods and according to what I hear, attacking you doesn't hurt you if you don't have anything for them to plunder)

Here is what I do if I can't collect on time. I don't produce, or I produce 4 hour goods. I don't care about supplies or coins as they don't cost me anything, and since I aid, they are normally aided anyway and can't be plundered. I build great buildings that produce my age goods if I am in the lower ages. They too cannot be plundered. Other places you can get your age goods if you need them are: GE, the treasure chest, and recurring quests. Wishing wells occasionally give you your age goods. Oasis and fishing huts do too, and can only be plundered if not aided, and than the person will only get coins I believe. I have never had one plundered, but I believe that is how it works. If you are not attached to the world you are in, you could start a city in the newest world and hope for a better experience. I have 6 cities and don't get attacked in all of them even. Of course all of that can change in one merge as I was top in my city for a long time and got moved to the sixties for a year or so.

Algona

honey55, that was a great post. One bit of disagreement: GE allows players to have an impact on PvP Towers.

If you are in the lower half of the hood you can fight in lower towers than the highest ranked players. I've been placing in the top 5 of Prog and IndA towers while most of the hood is fighting in Modern.

Consider fighting your first few GE fights with troops from your previous Era, it can pay off. Maybe.

DeletedUser14197

honey55, that was a great post. One bit of disagreement: GE allows players to have an impact on PvP Towers.

If you are in the lower half of the hood you can fight in lower towers than the highest ranked players. I've been placing in the top 5 of Prog and IndA towers while most of the hood is fighting in Modern.

Consider fighting your first few GE fights with troops from your previous Era, it can pay off. Maybe.

If you are in the bottom of your hood it is not always possible to beat anyone with lower age than you currently are, with the exception, that if you go to attack all the members of your hood, you can find those who use the default, 2 spearfighters and attack them every day to get points. That said, you just don't get that many medals the lower age you go competing in the tower for. You can fight lower age troops against the beginning of GE level1, though that doesn't last very long for me. I fought my first few with contemporary and I am future age and could win and I think I placed in the tower a bit down. However, for me, I can do the entire 3 levels of GE in future age and still not place in a tower. So GE does not help me compete. That said, if I wanted to, I could more than likely take a place in the towers, cause I am pretty sure I could attack at least some of my hood. I just don't want to. I was just saying for those who do, GE would not make me place on its own. GE is enough fighting for me I guess.

Algona

Let's look at the numbers.

I'm Progressive. I have 6 Victory towers netting me 210 Medals per week, we'll use that as a baseline.

Using just GE fighting...

I scored top slot in Industrial last week, unusual, I'm usually lower. 500 points. Typically 3-5th place.

Third slot in Prog, this is normal, 300 Medals.

Add in some bottom feeding from PvP: I bully a few weak opponents who do not Aid me. LMA and Colonial typically. Last week first in LMA, Second in Col. Another 300 Medals.

1100 Medals is a pretty nice take. A little on the high side, I average between 800 and 900.

It's quadruple my take from Victory Towers.

Sooooo.... As I said:

If you are in the lower half of the hood,,,

Consider
fighting your first few GE fights with troops from your previous Era, it can pay off. Maybe.

Last edited:

DeletedUser14197

Let's look at the numbers.

I'm Progressive. I have 6 Victory towers netting me 210 Medals per week, we'll use that as a baseline.

Using just GE fighting...

I scored top slot in Industrial last week, unusual, I'm usually lower. 500 points. Typically 3-5th place.

Third slot in Prog, this is normal, 300 Medals.

Add in some bottom feeding from PvP: I bully a few weak opponents who do not Aid me. LMA and Colonial typically. Last week first in LMA, Second in Col. Another 300 Medals.

1100 Medals is a pretty nice take. A little on the high side, I average between 800 and 900.

It's quadruple my take from Victory Towers.

Sooooo.... As I said:

That worked out really well for you. I guess it depends on your hood and how low you can go to fight GE. I get most of my medals from recurring quests and donating to gbs. You have got me curious now. I checked to see how the towers were so far. It is early in the week, but someone has future so far with 895k and the page is full. I already know I can't take it with GE alone. Tomorrow age, someone has 191k, contemporary 135k, nothing postmodern, and 41k taking modern. Of course there are second places and below right now, but not sure how many points one can get form the beginning of GE and how low age I could actually use and still win. I know I can use contemporary, but, not too sure I could win much lower. Sounds like you are saying that you place in your own age doing GE alone??????? See this is not possible for me. I am pretty sure I couldn't place in tomorrow age with GE alone either as I think I could not get enough points to place. I do think I might get a place with contemporary, but it wouldn't be very high. Maybe I will try it out this week and see. Just not sure how far down I could go and still win. I am pretty sure the same person taking contemporary will also take postmodern, as he usually does, but I will check and see how many points at the end of the week it took to place at all, how many medals and see if it might be worth it.

Mustapha00

I've read more than once that one of the criteria for neighborhoods being reorganized is participation in PvP, presumably as measured by Tower Points.

I very, very seldom actually attack anyone in my Neighborhood, usually only if a quest requires it.

However, on two of my worlds I do participate in the GEs, and those fights do result in Tower Points.

I'm wondering...can the game tell the difference between Tower Points gained fighting other players (with the result being that a player might be placed in a hood in which more players PvP) and Tower Points gained doing the GE (which would not result in a player being moved into a PvP-centric hood)?