• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Computer

Me Confused

Ordered a new computer and going to move to it.
Is it easy to get all the info from this to the new one or just log in with the new one?

UBERhelp1

All you'll have to do is go to us0.forgeofempires.com and log into your account!

On a related side note, if you want to move all your files from your old computer, that can be an ordeal.

Emberguard

Ordered a new computer and going to move to it.
Is it easy to get all the info from this to the new one or just log in with the new one?
As long as you're using Username and Password: Yes

If you're using a third party login (Facebook, Apple, Google) then there's the possibility for something to go wrong. If you're not using Username and Password it'd be a good idea to contact support before moving to the new PC and find out what info would be needed to get them to attach a email so you can get that info just incase it's needed to access your account on the new system

The Lady Redneck

The game is totally server based it stores nothing on your computer. If you are having problems accessing it. It will be down to you not logging in correctly. I have been playing the game for years, and have changed laptops from Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 2 different Windows 10 machines. I have also changed my username 5 times and password many times. and have never had any problems logging into the game on any of them. Over and above that I have also logged into the game on a couple of my husbands laptops when mine have went wrong, and logged in on my sons laptop when we go to visit him. Also from different countries (UK, USA, Portugal, Holland, France) and in 2 different Hospitals in the UK. Have never had any problems as I know the game server I play on and my username and password. The only problem I have encountered has been lag due to the speed of different ISPs.

The Lady Redneck

OK you got me on that. But that does not stop me from being able to log in and play the game on other laptops or through other ISPs. I log in with my username and passowrd and have instant access to all my cities and can play them. No other action is needed on my part. Also my laptop is set to auto clear cookies and cache on a weekly basis and I never notice any adverse affect.

Last edited: