• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

NEW GE side effects

ol man Rufus

In my game play, I have noticed a severe downturn in my use of the Antique Auction. I am not winning as many tangible prizes from my participation in GE and I don't have a build up in inventory that can be auctioned off.
I have no particular opinion one way or the other regarding the recent changes in GE but I wonder if the designers thought out the affect on other parts of the game? The various aspects of the game are tied together and it is hard to change one thing without negative results elsewhere. Just an opinion.

Thanks for reading
RufusXZ

Just An Observer

I have such a massive surplus of stuff to sell at the AD that even with 10 slots, I would not even make a dent in the inventory. 2.5M and counting for AD currency too. I need to see something worth buying these days...LOL!

honey55

I agree. Very seldom anything i want. I quit selling anything at all. Never know if I'm need something i sold in the future. Kind of think i probably sold tactician towers or other city defence since using it was so useless. Didn't know they'd add a feature that it was helpful in.

Ebeondi Asi

The actual GE 5 Side effect will soon to be no "Previous Era" Goods to be found in Market. I would think Venus would be the first to become hoarded due to so many players in SAJM. The need for one Era down Goods has skyrocketed since the start of GE 5 And I already am no longer offering my own Venus Goods to trade down because they are being too quickly snatched up and I'm not getting trades back to replace them. ISo it is already affecting the Market.
When all the players stash of 'previous Ea Goods" is gone, and all the extra in the market are gone due to hoarding. That is when it will become a real problem. I would give it a few months until all reserves of previous Era goods are exhausted and everyone negotiating suddenly find themselves totally out of luck finding previous Ea goods. LOL

This may be alleviated when Titan Era arrives. Then players can move up and leave some Goods making things to cover for the high need of previous Era goods. But until then it will be a problem. And for lower Era players moving up an Era might help them to solve the issue, also by leaving goods makers one era down. But the Market for Goods may not recover for a very long time.

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

Just from my own experience, finding somebody who will sell you goods for fp these days (2:1 in your favor, solely for FP you could offer BA goods for all they care) has greatly diminished over the course of the years, it's like finding a needle in a haystack now. Partly because GBG greatly diluted the value of forge points. Interesting to see how this will affect it.

DreadfulCadillac

This has been a truth in the game since I started playing right before VF was launched live. Players who had played 4 or more years who were generally my guildies/teachers said that it had been true for a long time, particularly once you passed about Colonial Age. They also spoke of how hard it was to acquire any lower era goods when AF came out as it was introduced in 3 stages over a fairly long period of time. I would imagine that a huge goods' crunch also occured when OF was introduced simply due to the massive tech tree. (Of course, this was before neighborhood streamlining and it wasn't at all strange or unusual to have EMA players in the same neighborhoods with AF players and everything in between).

I think as SAM was introduced and then the next eras, it seemed like the days of the Big Goods' Traders either flooding or crippling the market began to wane. It might have also had to do with so many crack-downs on Push Accounts + the advent of the then brand new feature: Guild Battlegrounds. Not every having advanced any of my cities past AF and that's only 1 of 4 fairly active/developed cities for their eras, I'm not sure that I could speak to it on a personal level for the higher era goods since I rarely, if ever, deal with them but I do know that there was a massive change in the ability to obtain very low era goods ever since the Arc Frenzy started about 2-1/3 to 3-years ago when practically every IA city dropped an Arc in it's tiny little yard and then people started power-leveling them to 80 before they even got to COL. Nowadays, it seems hard to find anyone who actually stays in the lower eras more than a few weeks or maybe months at a time. So in TE/FE in my two more active cities (FE city being my primary), I find it almost impossible to acquire any goods below about PE or sometimes FE unless I happen to have friends in the lower eras.

The last two weeks of GE5 have just made what was already difficult even harder. I suspect y'all may be right that the after-effects of such drastic changes in the game one right after the other in the last couple of months will not bode well on the goods market. (GE5, premium bldgs in events only available thru $ purchase, and the mobile ad-blasts that have caused so many people to quit the game entirely).

Not sure at all where this is all going to lead but I know from my one world that I'm in a big guild on: The expense of GE5 isn't really stopping anyone from doing most/all of the encounters. It's like some kind of fever! The market is reflecting it as much as seeing problems in our treasury (and friends say the same thing from my other worlds) - why? Because all of those goods they'd normally donate to the treasury are being dumped into negos on GE5, I'd suspect. IDK - too soon to tell but I sure don't have a good feeling about it. :(
Good IMO - a bit of inflation to counter the powercreep. A counteraction to the readily available stream of goods that we've seen now

xivarmy

Funny you should mention that! I've been trying to establish myself as a modest trader of a limited # of GB packages on worlds I've been on for over 5 years. "Trying" being the operative word! lol I have NO idea how traders "break in" to the market of buyers but they constantly announce a need for goods on global, the forum, through word of mouth - so traders have to be out there - but most of the people I do know also trade, modestly/on the side, have all said the "big time" traders are a thing of the past. Hmmm. Makes me wonder now.... ;) ...maybe just not so obvious? heheh
Generally most of the would-be-buyers get the goods for free from their guild.
And most of the would-be-sellers consider it too much of a nuisance to try to sell anymore for the pittance of FP they'd get back.

So matchmaking between people who want to buy and sell on old worlds is actually quite difficult.

Back in the day when I used to be a goods seller, most of my customers were by word of mouth. You give a decent deal, with no headache, and the person you sell it to will likely give your name when a friend of theirs wants the building.

Translating it to today you'd pretty much want to become the "goto" vendor for a low age guild that can't provide their members with goods themself because they're in a lower age. Make one of them happy and you might be able to sell buildings to all of them :)

UBERhelp1

Yep. Most players just get goods for free in their guilds. With how many goods event buildings give, it's been easy to produce more than what you need. Now, GE is actually giving a use for those goods, so the market is starting to tighten up.

Dursland

Advertising is a good way to get started selling GBs. If you're able to - guild hop to the open guilds and post in their guild chat about your prices etc.

I got a lot of my early customers that way, then word of mouth snowballed and I didn't need to advertise anymore.

Dunno about doing it on an older world though, this was in Zorskog when it was new; and now in Dilmun too.

Great Thracian

GE has been always boring and now Inno made it a change player to spend more diamonds for negos. Of course, more goods. Until the changes, Inno didn't care to improve the City' attack and defence, and now create a situation where players must change their cities completely and build different event buildings and those miserable GBs which is giving little support to City' DA.
Instead to create something interesting with nice rewards, we get ALWAYS the same.

Xenosaur

In my game play, I have noticed a severe downturn in my use of the Antique Auction. I am not winning as many tangible prizes from my participation in GE and I don't have a build up in inventory that can be auctioned off.
Yes. The NEW GE 1-4, + 5 created some of that dilution specifically by using SELECTION KITS for things we used to directly earn into inventory, then chose to sell. Sacred Sky Watch items, Tribal Square, Terrace Farms, etc. . I've seen this issue also called out in beta, when your point became easily discernible.

Selection kits for example, for the TERRACE FARM building L1 or L2 upgrade, work by directly building the item in your city, not by creating one that you can build (or sell) by choice from your inventory.

Yet now, you can only sell something to the AD from your inventory
. We SHOULD be able to sell directly from the city. We SHOULD be able to delete things directly in reconstruction mode (or SELL to the AD too!!). Yet - those would create efficiency in city building - but aren't embraced by Inno.

So to get the full value of a TF v1 or v2, you must FIRST build it in your cityspace, then use a store building (also getting into shorter supply too, since it's been fragmented...) and then sell it.

Yes, you'll get about double the Auction Coins and considerably more gems selling the items themselves, than just directly selling the KITS that build the them. In the case of the TF, if you build it first to capture that value, you will "waste" a Store Building. If that tradeoff is important, then that's your route for future sales.

With MILLIONS of Auction coins now, I don't personally think it's worth spending the value of a or (multiple) STORE BUILDING(s) each week to fully maximize the AD values of what's in the SELECTION KITS from the new GE.

So I just sell the Selection kits now, take the dilution, and make it my new selling paradigm.

That's what Inno wants to happen.

Last edited:

Sledgie

Generally most of the would-be-buyers get the goods for free from their guild.
And most of the would-be-sellers consider it too much of a nuisance to try to sell anymore for the pittance of FP they'd get back.

So matchmaking between people who want to buy and sell on old worlds is actually quite difficult.

Back in the day when I used to be a goods seller, most of my customers were by word of mouth. You give a decent deal, with no headache, and the person you sell it to will likely give your name when a friend of theirs wants the building.

Translating it to today you'd pretty much want to become the "goto" vendor for a low age guild that can't provide their members with goods themself because they're in a lower age. Make one of them happy and you might be able to sell buildings to all of them :)
Yes, this is what I do. I get word of mouth referrals for Arc sets, and then add those people to my Arc 1.9 thread.

Wildelk68

In addition to the above mentioned changes INNO has also changed the reward frequency for Spoils of War and Diplomatic Rewards and if you haven't noticed the daily quests and challenged have dumbed down the rewards! Personally, I am avoiding GE5 because of the costs but am considering just abandoning GE in total since the introduction of all the basically useless frags! As far as the AD, it has never lived up to expectations and is merely a junk shop where useless items can be sold for practically nothing! INNO has finally succeeded in destroying FOE!

Pericles the Lion

In addition to the above mentioned changes INNO has also changed the reward frequency for Spoils of War and Diplomatic Rewards and if you haven't noticed the daily quests and challenged have dumbed down the rewards! Personally, I am avoiding GE5 because of the costs but am considering just abandoning GE in total since the introduction of all the basically useless frags! As far as the AD, it has never lived up to expectations and is merely a junk shop where useless items can be sold for practically nothing! INNO.
Do you have data to support the bolded statement or this your opinion? I'm asking because I've experienced no noticeable difference in either the mix of rewards or their frequency when considering rewards obtained during any 30-day period during the past year.

Xenosaur

In addition to the above mentioned changes INNO has also changed the reward frequency for Spoils of War and Diplomatic Rewards
@Wildelk68 - we kinda need your proof if you have such, for this very bold assertion.

Do you have data to support the bolded statement or this your opinion? I'm asking because I've experienced no noticeable difference in either the mix of rewards or their frequency when considering rewards obtained during any 30-day period during the past year.
Gotta fully agree, @Pericles the Lion.