• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New PC GB GUI - Lost + Symbol, can't add +2 and +5fp packs anymore =/

• Thread starter DeletedUser28743
  • Start date

DeletedUser28743

Proposal Format

Proposal
My proposal is an upgrade to the current GB GUI released today, some new features were added, and some removed, and I miss some of the ones removed.

Current System (if applicable)
GB Overview, as well as the ability to control FP placement better, and apply FPs faster to GBs.

Details
I like the overview tab as well as many others in the new GB GUI, as well as the ability to drop 10fp with a single click. I don't like the new size of it, I feel like I have to move my eyes around to multiple areas to keep track of everything going on, but the bigger issue is how it handles FP.
The old GB GUI had a + symbol, that allowed me to select +2fp, +5fp or +10fp from a pack each time I hit it. I love the fact we just put in some direct FP buttons, we've been asking for this for ages (no pun intended), but the way it was implemented we lose a lot of control on how we want to spend that FP.
The most important part of my proposal is showing our packs in the GB Window, instead of all of our FP packs as a single number, and then giving us a few choices like, 1fp or all our current FP that are not packs like it does, but also letting us choose a pack to use with a single click, (2fp, 5fp, 10fp, and also adding an additional 100fp choice, for those of us dropping 2k - 4k fp on a lock) This will save a ton of time and our wrists!
Less important, if we could shrink the GUI back down a bit so everythings easily visible, and add in important information to one page, like current upgrade, and next level upgrade that everyone likes.
Further more if you want to make it REALLY awesome, add greyed out circles for rewards, that turn to the regular colored symbols as people place FPs. This will let us do math without going to the web, finding the current level of the GB in question, and then finding what level it's on to see the rewards, before we even start doing math.

This fixes nearly every issue with one of the most important GUIs in the game, it gives us everything at a glance, and allows us to do almost everything we need from a single screen! Awesome!

Abuse Prevention
I mean really the ONLY area for abuse is allowing people to drop 100fp fast, which most users are begging for, and they'd have to drop really fast at just the right time for it to be abusive, I see FAR more greater good coming from having it, then not.

Visual Aids
Someone posted something already below on my original forum, editting this one so it gets to the right area. I'll try to photoshop something up when I get a minute to get a better idea of exactly what I'm looking for, but lets see what others have to say about this post in the meantime?

Conclusion
Pretty sure everyone will agree, getting the FP down with less clicks, still letting us control our FP pool and packs properly, and everything on one screen, will benefit just about the whole community!
This is an awesome fix for nearly every current issue with the GB GUI.

Last edited by a moderator:

puzzle63

I do not like the new set up of the Great buildings for the way you use FP points.
1) You can't use 2 or 5 fp pack any more.
2) When you add 1 FP at a time. You don't know where you FP points are coming from. Are the coming from A 2 pack? A 5 pack or A 10 Pack?
3) You took away our options of chose. If I want to added 2 or 5 FP's. I can't anymore.
4)Now we have to have a empty FP bar before we can add to a BG??????? That is stupid. If I need to added 10 real quick and I don't want to use what I have in my bar for that. I shouldn't have to waste them for that.

Why didn't you Just make it so simple by just adding 4 button with 2 pack, 5 pack and 10 pack 100 pack?
That would have just made it so much easier and cause everyone less headache.

DeletedUser26120

2) When you add 1 FP at a time. You don't know where you FP points are coming from. Are the coming from A 2 pack? A 5 pack or A 10 Pack?
It uses the smallest amount you have in inventory. So if you don't have any 2-packs, it will use 5. If none of the first two, it will use 10 pack.

If you intended this to be a proposal, please see sticky for guidelines on proper formatting. I'll move this to forge hall in the meantime.

DeletedUser18799

I love that it is faster. But that is all there is to like. It is very difficult to garner information from this interface. It is hard to read and very disorganized

DeletedUser28743

Well they either need to do away with packs all-together and give us more options on the amount we want to spend, or keep the packs the way they've always been, list individual packs in the GB GUI so we know what we have, and let US choose if we want to drop from our 2fp pack supply or 10fp pack supply. A lot of times I'll keep a big stack of 2fp for when I need small fillers, and when I get a bunch of them, then I start spending them as 10fp packs, but with 10fp limit and our daily counter fp now growing while it's at 10fp, I don't want to pop a 10fp pack to fill in 2 or 3fp, if I'm going to be going afk for like 8 hours after.
In short if I use a 10fp pack to fill 3fp, and have 7fp on my bar, I'm forced to spend it if I need to afk, or lose additional FP I won't gain anymore due to the 10fp limit of the bar. It sounds minor but it all adds up.

matto1

I just emailed support about this as it should be viewed as a bug that we can no longer control the packs we use, and they said 'go write a proposal on the forums.' As someone who's worked in game development for the better part of a decade, that is the worst response I could ever imagine receiving for this kind of issue. 'Get the community to vote whether or not we fix the broken system we just implemented' is not support, it's shameful at best. As a customer, I shouldn't have to do all the leg work to fix their game and offer it up on a silver platter, and then hope they eventually decide to fix it someday, but looks like that's just the way Inno works. Amazing... terribly amazing.

In regards to this proposal, I agree 100%. Below is a mock-up of what the new UI could look like. There's plenty of room below the current FP buttons to add FP pack buttons. Just return functionality to how it was where the 1 FP button is greyed out like the whole bar button once the bar is empty. You could technically leave in the 10 FP button on the top row too, just as long as it only pulls 10 from the FPs in the bar and is also greyed out when 9 or fewer FPs are on hand.

UI.png

This would be the best of both worlds: those who like the new UI get to keep it, and those of us who are appalled that Inno would take away our pack options and give us this terrible new UI to boot at least get some functionality back. Doesn't say much though for the hard to read and poorly placed information on the new UI...

DeletedUser28743

Ultimately what would be a REALLY preferred method (although harder to track incoming FP) is just have one big FP pool, and multiple choices of how much FP we want to drop. 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100 at the top. This would solve so many issues, give us all the options we had before AND new useful options, and really the only downside I can see is people misclicking, so maybe add an option for the 25+ drops where they need to answer "yes I'm really sure" if they choose to set it.

DeletedUser5111

You guys are posting suggestions that were frequently mentioned in beta..... devs never gave a response or said they couldn't do it....

matto1

Well they either need to do away with packs all-together and give us more options on the amount we want to spend, or keep the packs the way they've always been, list individual packs in the GB GUI so we know what we have, and let US choose if we want to drop from our 2fp pack supply or 10fp pack supply. A lot of times I'll keep a big stack of 2fp for when I need small fillers, and when I get a bunch of them, then I start spending them as 10fp packs, but with 10fp limit and our daily counter fp now growing while it's at 10fp, I don't want to pop a 10fp pack to fill in 2 or 3fp, if I'm going to be going afk for like 8 hours after.
In short if I use a 10fp pack to fill 3fp, and have 7fp on my bar, I'm forced to spend it if I need to afk, or lose additional FP I won't gain anymore due to the 10fp limit of the bar. It sounds minor but it all adds up.

I do the same thing, and for any player who does not have 2 and 5 fp packs, adding a single FP will pull from a 10 FP pack, filling their bar with 9 FPs. That's awful! I can't believe someone at Inno thought this was a good idea... maybe they don't play their own game so they don't know how players manage their FP bar, but they should, it's the core functionality of the game!

DeletedUser29623

I agree that we should have more control over which packs we pull from our inventory. I'm going to be ignoring this new interface and sticking with the old inconvenient way because at least it gives me that control.

But also, The design makes no sense. Rather than one section on top of the other, the contribution window should have two columns, one to the right and one to the left, with the horizontal progress bar extending the whole width above them. With two vertical columns, you wouldn't have to scroll down through the list of the contributors as often. There's no need for the window with the donation options to be so big.

I DO like the window explaining what the next level brings, however.

DeletedUser28743

Ya agree, was much easier to see everything without moving my eyes with the smaller GUI, keep the addons telling us what the next level brings is nice.
I messed around with the new UI a little more, when you add one and are out of FP in the main inventory it just breaks a 2 pack, and adding 10 pulls from a 10 pack, but that still leaves no option for 5 packs

DeletedUser20829

This new POS system well Inno can push this back up whatever keister it fell out of, they have impliment several lame upgrades, but this is the dumbest yet. and of coarse the new plaayers are going to just love it. with nothing to lose one freaking mistake and thousands of fp are put on a freaking building you may have only wanted to put one or two on .
first you take away the packs and force us to spend any fp that were won, now you chumps are trying to figure a way to force us to use the few we can win.my question is this leave the f *&^%^&** game alone, your steadly screwing up the events that were once great events and a blast to take part in to now none of them have been worth a C^%&, you give us hundreds of useless C*&^ that sits in our inventory that wont ever be used. how many damn times do i need to win a face of the ancient in ge for you fools to know no one wants them .
you have managed to flood us with events all year long when i first started we had only a few events and they all totally rocked , the prizes were worth it the event was fun.
Now your events are back to back to back theres no downtime from one event to the other, now i am convienced inno is full of the dumbest smart people i know. They cant seem to grasp the concept that people dont want to be flooded with worthless stuff from the countless number of events, and not all of your changes are worth the time you have spent putting them inplace.
FIX THE LAG ISSUE THAT HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE NIGHT AT 700 WHEN RECALC STARTS, FIX THE FREAKING GAME WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED AND LEAVE THE REST ALONE. THERES AN OLD SAYING HERE, " IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snalinif

...In short if I use a 10fp pack to fill 3fp, and have 7fp on my bar, I'm forced to spend it if I need to afk, or lose additional FP I won't gain anymore due to the 10fp limit of the bar. It sounds minor but it all adds up.

It's not minor and it adds up quickly. FP production rules everything in this game. They need to allow us to determine how we use our fp's via directly from our bar or from our packs, not we must use from bar first, then packs. A one-avenue system is not the answer. We must also be offered more quantity options (please put back the 2 and 5, and add maybe 25 and 50).

DeletedUser28743

to ant's post thanks for posting and I know things are frustrating, but let's keep this on the main focus of dealing with FP packs better, and the new GB GUI system, we can talk about quests etc in another topic ;).
Ultimately it'd be really nice if we could have our old smaller GB screen back, everything was visual without moving my eyes all over the screen, if they did that with the GB next level information, and a 2fp,5fp,10fp,50fp,100fp button, as well as a grayed out visual of the rewards 1st-5th which turn color when someone takes the spots, I don't see how it could get much better.

sure we could do 25fp clicks etc and get super picky but honestly with those options above, we'd be able to do what we need to do all withen a few clicks. The 100fp one people have been asking for, forever. The only downside really is misclicks, and if people caught things RIGHT at the right time could snipe easier, but the upside is saving us all from carpel tunnel, because later on when you need to lock stuff for like 2k - 4k FP, that's a hella hella lot of clicking!!

I'd even be happy with a 2,5,10,100 honestly, and anything in between we can mix and match like we always have!
If they could pull this off and have it pull from the proper packs it'd be awesome.
I was re-thinking my idea about just merging all the FP into one group, and just having the 4 buttons, 2,5,10,100 however this opens up a new issue for those using packs to tech, they'd either have to add the same options for tech, or keep packs in the inventory for that purpous still, which would mean they'd have to write something for priorities based on what we select and the packs we have, and that would take a bit of coding, but nothing that couldn't be done in an hour or two, which is far less time then they have into that new GUI I garuntee it lol =O

matto1

Would you mind updating your first post to follow the stupid 'proposal' rules so this can go back to being a proper proposal? Dunsland moved it to another part of the forum where no one will see it and it won't be considered at all by Inno. Once you update it, message him so he can move it back. Currently it's a rant thread (and justly deserved, but it still needs to be a proposal) and no one is seeing it.

qaccy

I agree that there should be more control over how packs are used. However, I don't agree that there should be any option higher than 10 FP at a time, beyond the 'empty my FP bar' button. I'll admit that I'm biased against having it as well because I like to complete quests while donating FP to a GB and allowing larger options than 10 makes it much faster for someone else (who presumably is less interested in quests, at least in this hypothetical situation) to donate FP ahead of me in a locking situation. It's already going to be faster with the new UI, but that's making quests too risky a lot of the time and I'm not in support of that because I like my Chateau bonus. lol

The other thing regarding this oft-requested '100 FP' button (or custom amount) is we don't know if it's possible to even do. All of the buttons in both the old and new UI are using single lump sums of FP that match the button. A 100 FP button, if there is not 100 FP in the bar, would essentially be performing at least 10 actions at once - that is, using ten 10 FP packs in a single click. Similar to why there's no 'aid all' button despite frequent requests for that, I suspect this may be at least part of why there are no donation options larger than 10 FP.

DeletedUser28743

Fair enough with the 100fp button, but if yer doing quests and dropping 10 here and there, like you said, wether it's 10 at a time or 100 at a team, hes going to lock ahead of you. the 100fp thing is more for people with higher arcs. I probably drop 2500fp a day and I know there's people out there dropping 15,000 or so a day, this is hella painful at 10fp a click.
As far as the other comment, all they'd really need to do is a quick math check on available FP packs BEFORE doing the action of dropping 100. I mean if they really wanted to be on the safe-side code-wise, they could just make each pack pop into the regular FP bar first, and then apply. Course they'd have to do a 50fp button for this to work properly in intervals of 100, as to not go over the max 100 on the bar, but really as complicated as I'm making this sound, it should be 6 to 20 lines of code at best, it's not extremely hard, and the minor amount of math it's doing, isn't putting much of a beating on the server either, no more then an auto battle that has to calculate moves and percentages or several units in seconds.

matto1

I'm one of those people dropping tens of thousands of FPs a day, and I love my Chateau bonus as well so I do the recurring FP quests. In this regard, I agree with qaccy, I'm fine with 10 FPs at a time, and removing the pack sub-menu would have been all that was needed to speed up this process, removing packs themselves is short-sighted and troublesome. And the way it works is I'll be doing the FP quests and if I see someone else start adding who I don't know (I tend to know and trust most people who donate to the same GBs I do), then I start adding and skip the quests until either I hit lock or feel safe that they're not trying to pass me. This happens very rarely, and on the rare occasion I run into someone else, I usually know them and they're locking 2nd and not trying to pass me, so it's not an issue.

ITown

I don't like the idea of a 100 FP button. It would make it insanely easy to get sniped if your game crashes with an error, or to accidentally overdonate, and would make FP questing suicidal.