• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New PC GB GUI - Lost + Symbol, can't add +2 and +5fp packs anymore =/

• Thread starter DeletedUser28743
  • Start date

DeletedUser13838

I do not like the new set up of the Great buildings for the way you use FP points.
1) You can't use 2 or 5 fp pack any more.
2) When you add 1 FP at a time. You don't know where you FP points are coming from. Are the coming from A 2 pack? A 5 pack or A 10 Pack?
3) You took away our options of chose. If I want to added 2 or 5 FP's. I can't anymore.
4)Now we have to have a empty FP bar before we can add to a BG??????? That is stupid. If I need to added 10 real quick and I don't want to use what I have in my bar for that. I shouldn't have to waste them for that.

Why didn't you Just make it so simple by just adding 4 button with 2 pack, 5 pack and 10 pack 100 pack?
That would have just made it so much easier and cause everyone less headache.
You can use packs from inventory the way you always have. That hasn't changed from what I can tell.

I don't like the new upgrade for Great Building Donations. I shouldn't have to empty my bar before I can use a package. I tend to use the bar for my buildings & research and save the packages to help friends & guild members. This new change doesn't give you the option of which you want to use. Really just should have left it alone.

qaccy

I don't like the new upgrade for Great Building Donations. I shouldn't have to empty my bar before I can use a package. I tend to use the bar for my buildings & research and save the packages to help friends & guild members. This new change doesn't give you the option of which you want to use. Really just should have left it alone.

Regarding this, couldn't you simply spend your bar FP where you'd like and then proceed to use packs afterward?

DeletedUser28970

Regarding this, couldn't you simply spend your bar FP where you'd like and then proceed to use packs afterward?
Exactly! I don't see what the big fuss is all about ???? I think the 'herd mentality' has taken over on this whole topic ... and all the moaners and complainers are coming out to attend the party. Probably the same folk that moaned and complained about the old interface ...
Silliness!

matto1

Exactly! I don't see what the big fuss is all about ???? I think the 'herd mentality' has taken over on this whole topic ... and all the moaners and complainers are coming out to attend the party. Probably the same folk that moaned and complained about the old interface ...
Silliness!

Perhaps you don't donate to peoples Arcs or spend large denominations when you do, but for those of u who spend a lot of time doing it, having control would be nice. I'm not sure why you'd be against putting the 2, 5, and 10 fp pack buttons BACK into the game, as they were before. Inno needlessly removed a feature of the game that added ease and control to one of the essential functions of the game: donating to GBs. Perhaps there's a function in the game you love that we can petition for them to remove and then call you a 'whiner' when you're unhappy that they needlessly made your gameplay harder?

Adding those pack buttons back in hurts no one, and helps everyone. There's literally no reason they were removed. I also agree that the new UI is awkward and clunky, and the fonts too small. However, as much as I dislike it, I can live with it as it's only visual. The donation buttons are not just visual, and lacking pack buttons increases my time donating and makes the process more difficult. It also makes recurring quests harder, inadvertently nerfing Chateau as many people will forego it's bonus to avoid being sniped or dump FPs cause they can't trust the lack of functionality of the new system.

There's plenty of examples someone could give that aren't as simple as 'just add your bar'.

For instance, if I'm adding FPs and I accrue an FP while adding, clicking the 10 FP button doesn't pull a 10 FP pack, it pulls 2 2 FP packs and 1 5 FP pack and then the 1 new FP on my bar. If someone doesn't notice this and keeps clicking the 10 FP button to 'add fast', which is likely to avoid being sniped, they will exhaust their 2 and 5 FP packs rather quickly. While this might not mean much to you, to someone who adds regularly you NEVER want to be left with just 10 FP packs and you're almost assured you'll have to break one to finish off locking a GB. If you require just 1 or 2, this leaves you with a nearly full FP bar. That's why people who add to GBs add 10 FP packs at a time and then finish off with a mix of 2 and 5 packs.

Another example in the same regard is earlier today I needed to add 221 FPs to a GB to lock a spot and had 12 on hand after sitting in some taverns. Thanks to the new system I couldn't donate 11 and just leave in my bar without jumping through major hoops (going to Inventory, manually adding 10 FPs to my bar up to 100, donate 10 at a time to GB up to 100, rinse and repeat until I hit 220, then add 1). This process is too slow and I could have been sniped. So instead I added 2 2 packs and 1 5 pack to my bar, donated that and then dumped 10 packs. Not long after I found another GB to donate too and that one required 961. So after dropping 960 I then had to break a 2 pack, adding 1 back to my bar. The way I normally would have done this whole process would have left me with 1 in my bar from the first add, which would have been used on the second add, so this would have been avoided. So I needlessly lost 3 2 packs and 1 5 pack. This is by far not the end of the world, but if I start losing those packs every time I add from now on, I'll lose all my 2 and 5 packs in a very short time, leading back to the result of the first example above, having to break 10 FP packs just to add 1 or 2 FPs.

A final example, and this just happened to me and happens fairly often, is I had done the calculations and was adding to a GB when midway through someone else added an odd number of FPs, which changed my lock amount. Since I couldn't just add 10 FP packs from the start, I had to add the end amount from the start. What I mean by this is I had to add 1734 FPs, so I opened 2 2 FP packs and added them, then started adding 10 FPs at a time. When this other player added his FPs, it changed my lock amount to 1723. Once I got over 1700 I had to then open 2 more 2 FP packs and a 5 FP pack to reach that number. Sure, I could have just added 1724, but why waste the FPs when it's not necessary? So now instead of spending all 10 FP packs, a single 2 FP pack, and either opening another 2 pack and using just 1 or waiting for my bar to gain an FP and using that, I instead wasted 4 2 FP packs and a 5 FP pack because this new system gives no options. Like I said above, over time this will extinguish all my smaller packs and leave me with just 10 FP packs to break open, which is terrible.

The whole point to this is the new system adds an extra layer of unnecessary waste and risk to an already risky system. Instead of being able to add 10 packs directly and then finish off a lock with a couple of the 2 and 5 packs, we now need to monitor our bar and it's timer while adding, and do all calculations before beginning our add, which can easily lead to losing a spot or getting sniped, which in turn leads to losing FPs. And since this game resolves entirely around FP production, losing FPs this way feels like a punishment by Inno for doing nothing other than playing their game the way it was intended and is the most profitable. And ALL of this could be avoided by adding back a couple simple buttons that literally existed 2 days ago. No new code needed, it's already there somewhere, no longer being used.

This may not be important to you, but it is to others, and you prove you don't even understand its importance by making the statement that you 'don't see what the big fuss is about'. It's also a game feature that was removed for no reason. There was no exploit, there was no bug. But the new system is in and of itself a new bug, and it should be fixed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser28970

Perhaps you don't donate to peoples Arcs or spend large denominations when you do, but for those of u who spend a lot of time doing it, having control would be nice. I'm not sure why you'd be against putting the 2, 5, and 10 fp pack buttons BACK into the game, as they were before. Inno needlessly removed a feature of the game that added ease and control to one of the essential functions of the game: donating to GBs. Perhaps there's a function in the game you love that we can petition for them to remove and then call you a 'whiner' when you're unhappy that they needlessly made your gameplay harder?

Adding those pack buttons back in hurts no one, and helps everyone. There's literally no reason they were removed. I also agree that the new UI is awkward and clunky, and the fonts too small. However, as much as I dislike it, I can live with it as it's only visual. The donation buttons are not just visual, and lacking pack buttons increases my time donating and makes the process more difficult. It also makes recurring quests harder, inadvertently nerfing Chateau as many people will forego it's bonus to avoid being sniped or dump FPs cause they can't trust the lack of functionality of the new system.

There's plenty of examples someone could give that aren't as simple as 'just add your bar'.

For instance, if I'm adding FPs and I accrue an FP while adding, clicking the 10 FP button doesn't pull a 10 FP pack, it pulls 2 2 FP packs and 1 5 FP pack and then the 1 new FP on my bar. If someone doesn't notice this and keeps clicking the 10 FP button to 'add fast', which is likely to avoid being sniped, they will exhaust their 2 and 5 FP packs rather quickly. While this might not mean much to you, to someone who adds regularly you NEVER want to be left with just 10 FP packs and you're almost assured you'll have to break one to finish off locking a GB. If you require just 1 or 2, this leaves you with a nearly full FP bar. That's why people who add to GBs add 10 FP packs at a time and then finish off with a mix of 2 and 5 packs.

Another example in the same regard is earlier today I needed to add 221 FPs to a GB to lock a spot and had 12 on hand after sitting in some taverns. Thanks to the new system I couldn't donate 11 and just leave in my bar without jumping through major hoops (going to Inventory, manually adding 10 FPs to my bar up to 100, donate 10 at a time to GB up to 100, rinse and repeat until I hit 220, then add 1). This process is too slow and I could have been sniped. So instead I added 2 2 packs and 1 5 pack to my bar, donated that and then dumped 10 packs. Not long after I found another GB to donate too and that one required 961. So after dropping 960 I then had to break a 2 pack, adding 1 back to my bar. The way I normally would have done this whole process would have left me with 1 in my bar from the first add, which would have been used on the second add, so this would have been avoided. So I needlessly lost 3 2 packs and 1 5 pack. This is by far not the end of the world, but if I start losing those packs every time I add from now on, I'll lose all my 2 and 5 packs in a very short time, leading back to the result of the first example above, having to break 10 FP packs just to add 1 or 2 FPs.

A final example, and this just happened to me and happens fairly often, is I had done the calculations and was adding to a GB when midway through someone else added an odd number of FPs, which changed my lock amount. Since I couldn't just add 10 FP packs from the start, I had to add the end amount from the start. What I mean by this is I had to add 1734 FPs, so I opened 2 2 FP packs and added them, then started adding 10 FPs at a time. When this other player added his FPs, it changed my lock amount to 1723. Once I got over 1700 I had to then open 2 more 2 FP packs and a 5 FP pack to reach that number. Sure, I could have just added 1724, but why waste the FPs when it's not necessary? So now instead of spending all 10 FP packs, a single 2 FP pack, and either opening another 2 pack and using just 1 or waiting for my bar to gain an FP and using that, I instead wasted 4 2 FP packs and a 5 FP pack because this new system gives no options. Like I said above, over time this will extinguish all my smaller packs and leave me with just 10 FP packs to break open, which is terrible.

The whole point to this is the new system adds an extra layer of unnecessary waste and risk to an already risky system. Instead of being able to add 10 packs directly and then finish off a lock with a couple of the 2 and 5 packs, we now need to monitor our bar and it's timer while adding, and do all calculations before beginning our add, which can easily lead to losing a spot or getting sniped, which in turn leads to losing FPs. And since this game resolves entirely around FP production, losing FPs this way feels like a punishment by Inno for doing nothing other than playing their game the way it was intended and is the most profitable. And ALL of this could be avoided by adding back a couple simple buttons that literally existed 2 days ago. No new code needed, it's already there somewhere, no longer being used.

This may not be important to you, but it is to others, and you prove you don't even understand its importance by making the statement that you 'don't see what the big fuss is about'. It's also a game feature that was removed for no reason. There was no exploit, there was no bug. But the new system is in and of itself a new bug, and it should be fixed.

Despite the book, which I shall cherish forever, it is still just silliness. Sounds like operator problems.
(hope you didn't stay up all night writing that missive ... maybe you can get it published)

DeletedUser28970

I'm not sure why you'd be against putting the 2, 5, and 10 fp pack buttons BACK into the game, as they were before
Never said I was. Where did you pull that rabbit out of your hat?

Speaking of rodents in headwear ...
... what IS with this 'missing button' stuff? On the PC platform there NEVER was any "2, 5, and 10 fp pack buttons"! And if there really was, and somehow I never saw them, what was with all the complaining in the first place to get more buttons???

I'm looking at a copy of the old interface right now. There was:

a) An 'USE 1 FORGE POINT' button which is still there in the new interface
b) An 'USE "X" FORGE POINTS' button which is still there in the new interface but now labeled: 'WHOLE FP BAR ("X") '
c) The '+' button which was just a fancy shortcut to the inventory page.

Hmmmmmmm? How puzzling?? There are NO "2, 5, and 10 fp pack buttons" to be found anywhere!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: How can one put them back if they were never there????
(Maybe this was a Mobile-only thing? If so, they should have never complained to start with. So, it's like: Hush up and eat the Breakfast you ordered!)

The ONLY changes to buttons in the new interface are:

1) the ability of the 'USE 1 FP' button to pull from the smallest pack in inventory if none are in the Bar,
2) addition of the "USE 10 FP" button which pulls directly from inventory (which you all formerly begged for so what's with the complaining?),
3) Missing shortcut button, and
4) the 'COMPLETE INSTANTLY' button (which can be ignored anyways because it IS stupid lol).

Basically the only difference is the ability to pull 10-packs from Inventory without actually going to Inventory. (I thought that's what you all wanted)
I can still do everything I used to be able to do (that's cool) ... it doesn't sneak up behind me and steal FPs or FP packs from my inventory (which is impossible anyways even if it is in your book) ... it doesn't confuse me to the point of total distraction (short trip for some folk) ... it is not too complicated to use (for me anyways) ... it's not a conspiracy ... etc

That is why all this complaining is just silliness and mass hysteria.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26120

I think the update is nice, only takes a minute to donate hundreds of fps.

It's not perfect and wish they had added some of the top suggestions from beta but I think it's better than what we had.

DeletedUser12503

I wish they would rev this back. I don't know anyone who likes this change.

DeletedUser26154

Never said I was. Where did you pull that rabbit out of your hat?

Speaking of rodents in headwear ...
... what IS with this 'missing button' stuff? On the PC platform there NEVER was any "2, 5, and 10 fp pack buttons"! And if there really was, and somehow I never saw them, what was with all the complaining in the first place to get more buttons???

I'm looking at a copy of the old interface right now. There was:

a) An 'USE 1 FORGE POINT' button which is still there in the new interface
b) An 'USE "X" FORGE POINTS' button which is still there in the new interface but now labeled: 'WHOLE FP BAR ("X") '

Hmmmmmmm? How puzzling?? There are NO "2, 5, and 10 fp pack buttons" to be found anywhere!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: How can one put them back if they were never there????
(Maybe this was a Mobile-only thing? If so, they should have never complained to start with. So, it's like: Hush up and eat the Breakfast you ordered!)

The ONLY changes to buttons in the new interface are:

1) the ability of the 'USE 1 FP' button to pull from the smallest pack in inventory if none are in the Bar,
2) addition of the "USE 10 FP" button which pulls directly from inventory (which you all formerly begged for so what's with the complaining?),
3) Missing shortcut button, and
4) the 'COMPLETE INSTANTLY' button (which can be ignored anyways because it IS stupid lol).

Basically the only difference is the ability to pull 10-packs from Inventory without actually going to Inventory. (I thought that's what you all wanted)
I can still do everything I used to be able to do (that's cool) ... it doesn't sneak up behind me and steal FPs or FP packs from my inventory (which is impossible anyways even if it is in your book) ... it doesn't confuse me to the point of total distraction (short trip for some folk) ... it is not too complicated to use (for me anyways) ... it's not a conspiracy ... etc

That is why all this complaining is just silliness and mass hysteria.

1. No.

4.png

2. Still waiting to see your city.

DeletedUser

No, it wasn't, and you really should stop posting about this before you prove yourself to be a real doofus. You don't know what you are talking about. The '+' button didn't take you to the inventory page, it opened a popup window with multiple options for either spending FP packs in the denomination(s) you desired, or buying FP with either coins or Diamonds. It was much easier and more efficient than the way it has to be done now, a fact which matto 1 spelled out very effectively. At least, to those whose reading comprehension skills are up to par. I can only assume yours aren't, since you dismiss his explanation out of hand, without even the decency to give a valid reason. "It's just silliness" isn't a valid point in any debate, and if you think it is, you're going to end up on a lot of ignore lists.

matto1

No, it wasn't, and you really should stop posting about this before you prove yourself to be a real doofus. You don't know what you are talking about. The '+' button didn't take you to the inventory page, it opened a popup window with multiple options for either spending FP packs in the denomination(s) you desired, or buying FP with either coins or Diamonds. It was much easier and more efficient than the way it has to be done now, a fact which matto 1 spelled out very effectively. At least, to those whose reading comprehension skills are up to par. I can only assume yours aren't, since you dismiss his explanation out of hand, without even the decency to give a valid reason. "It's just silliness" isn't a valid point in any debate, and if you think it is, you're going to end up on a lot of ignore lists.

He basically just proved my point, he obviously has no idea how the old system worked. This is why I hate Inno's approach of 'go post a proposal on the forums'. It's an easy way for them to dismiss issues that affect their playerbase and then they can point and say 'see, this one guy disagreed with you, so we don't need to fix our bugs after all'. Very sad really. I mentioned before I've worked in game development for nearly a decade, and I've never seen this approach before. It's quite awful.

Darkbox

Between the new system and the old one? The new one is a big improvement, in my opinion.

It makes more sense, to me, to spend 9 extra FPs randomly than having to click 7 thousand times to donate 1,000 FPs to a GB.
Now I click on the GB, see the total amount of FPs I have, Click "Use 10 FPs" until i get close to the target amount, then fine tune the donation with "Use 1 FP". I really, really, really don't need 100 additional buttons.

1FP - 2FP - 5FP - 10FP - 100FP? - 1000FP? What about the 2,325 FP? or 3FP? or even better, 17Fps?

NO

Freshmeboy

Darkbox, I understand your position as speed in donation is more important to you than a paltry few fp packs....having incredible amounts of reserves will do this to any player. For those players trying to build inventory or who don't have massive reserves and couldn't possibly donate 1000 fps at this point in any GB, loss of control of fp packs is a blow against their gaming strategy. I'm sure they are the majority and you and I the minority in this regard. That doesn't change the fact INNO designed a new concept in the menu that is inefficient and easily could have kept the old menu choices and added a single 10 fp donation button that would have appeased everybody....but they chose NOT to do this....what was their logic in such a flawed menu..? Why didn't they listen to the beta testers and nine months of complaints...? Why was the original changelog thread about the menu change closed down and no further comments allowed...? Why was there massive discord the very day of the menu release...? INNO states "...the different sizes of packages aren't nearly as important as they used to be..." Really...? What made them irrelevant..? Their new menu...? Because they say so...? I question all bad decisions that affect the gaming community...even those that don't affect me personally

Darkbox

Darkbox, I understand your position as speed in donation is more important to you than a paltry few fp packs....having incredible amounts of reserves will do this to any player...

I am by no mean saying the new system is perfect or cannot be perfected. It is an improvement over the old system (unless you disagree?).
Everything that reduces the number of clicks needed to complete a task / an action is an improvement. I do not like the new windows and everything, but appreciate the gain in speed.

Not sure which group is the majority now but, today's beginners will be veterans in a couple of months and will equally appreciate an easier and faster way of spending FPs. I'd say they should get used to it now and plan carefully before spending.

We all started in Stone Age isn't? As far as I can recall, there has never been a time when I had FPs in the bar and did not have/find a use for them...

matto1

Between the new system and the old one? The new one is a big improvement, in my opinion.

It makes more sense, to me, to spend 9 extra FPs randomly than having to click 7 thousand times to donate 1,000 FPs to a GB.
Now I click on the GB, see the total amount of FPs I have, Click "Use 10 FPs" until i get close to the target amount, then fine tune the donation with "Use 1 FP". I really, really, really don't need 100 additional buttons.

1FP - 2FP - 5FP - 10FP - 100FP? - 1000FP? What about the 2,325 FP? or 3FP? or even better, 17Fps?

NO

No one's saying get rid of the 10 FP button, just add back the pack buttons. If all you do on the new UI is click the 10 FP button, how will you be adversely affected by Inno adding back in the pack buttons? There's a 10 FP pack button, you can click that to your hearts content. I don't understand the giant red bold NO in this case. It's like saying you go to the store to buy your favorite soda in a 1 liter bottle, and you're super upset that they added a 10 ounce and 32 oz option for customers who wanted variety. You can still buy your 1 liter bottle, why are you angry? :confused:

If it's solely because part of the suggestion were additional packs, then ok, but that's only a small part. But again, if you don't like clicking why are you against a 100 FP button? Personally I don't care about adding more packs, just RETURN the ones they took away (2, 5 and 10). It would makes things much easier for many other players and wouldn't hurt those who like the new UI one bit.