• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New player here, question about those who don't wantbto buy anything.

ethanhunt2025

I did not use diamonds for anything except occasionally the last chance while negotiating in Guild expedition or something similar. You don't need diamonds at all. FP/ Population/ Happines/ Supplies/ Coins/ Army you have to strike balance between these things. It is a strategy game, How you ensure you don't run out of these items is the game. Sure if you are in a hurry you can pay your way to space age.

DevaCat

If you are really new to the game, save your diamonds for the few diamond expansions you can get. Space is going to be the biggest limitation for your city. I would never spend diamonds on any negotiations - goods are far easier to get than diamonds. Later on, a diamond spend on chances to get a choice event building might make sense. Of course, this is ftp advice - if you have a wallet knock yourself out :)

Bian Mian

The OP was from someone playing on its very first day so in my opinion many of the answers are off topic...

So my own answer is It's a kind of game that:

No need to buy anything. You can but then will spoil the difficulty.
The time you can play is limited (less later) so just do something else between. Or start more cities, but then you may have problems later to manage all of them.

Use the diamonds you earn in game very cautiously. My advice is to not use them for a temporary advantage like a special building linked to a specific era. An expension at reverse is a permanent advantage that you won't regret.

Last edited:

Banateanca

Thank you all for advices and tips. So many good suggestions, your help is appreciated. I reached the Early Middle Ages and I'm slowing down so i can learn more about battles and quilds.