• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New player question

I am in the Early Middle Ages and really haven't much of a clue of how to proceed. I am new to this game. I have reached the area of Pfefferberg and see it has a mixture of Iron Age/EMA troops and they have a 20% Attack/Defend bonus. I don't feel like I have much of a chance in these battles. Is there something a player does at this point to increase their Attack/Defense bonus? For Great Buildings I have the Oracle, for other buildings I have the Governor's Villa and the Crow's Nest.

What is expected of a player at this point to be competitive in these battles?
I have the range, fast and light versions of troops in the EMA with the heavy coming soon but I don't know what to do to get a bonus to match the armies I am facing.

Any advice?

BruteForceAttack

Gbs
Build Zeus
Next go for LoA and SMB gbs
After that CoA and CDM

I'd not worry about advancing in C-Map, as far as research is concerned yes get the heavy and then work on the Gbs.

Lady Gato

You have rushed your research tree which has allowed you to proceed without a foundation for your city. Try looking at this link. I know you are farther along probably more than a month into the game but it will give you the basics of what your city needs to have BEFORE you reach EMA.

Thank you for the replies and I will check out that link. I do what newbies do, I just advance without any understanding. I have figured out GBs are important but don't really understand fully the best way to acquire blueprints and level them up although I see the guild I am in is really big in trading FPs. Which I don't really understand but I have figured I really need to learn.