• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Calculations Feedback

DeletedUser4770

We are interested in hearing your thoughts, suggestions, concerns and input regarding the new ranking calculations. We had promised additional information and here it is.

Please place your feedback here.
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser15042

Should be interesting to see all the complaining. For anyone new to the game, it probably seems fine. For anyone that has played awhile, it will seem bad, because people rarely adapt to drastic change well.

I personally am indifferent. I use to like seeing how my ranking was affected by my production, now I just see the same thing based off my fighting.

DeletedUser17164

Overall good I have to say, but a few flaws....
1) All regular buildings of the same age having the same points value (per square) means there is no extra incentive for players to move through the tech tree &/or lay down buildings at the end of the tech tree for each age. I understand premiums and event buildings being worth more, but there should be some difference in regards to points between a building that is unlocked at the very beginning of an age / era's tech tree and one that is unlocked at the very end of it.

2) The Arc , The Arc , The Arc. It is overpowered, at obscenely high levels the points given for the daily collection / donation to guild treasury is worth an ungodly amount of points already. Those with high level Arcs near always fp trade with others with high level Arcs, so now by bringing medals into the ranking system, where these Arcs are going to give bizarre #'s of medals, is only going to make it where The Arc by itself will be able to take a city that should be in the top 100, to the top 5 or top 10 of the server rankings.

P.S:
Bravo to Inno for not making Shrine of Knowledge worth more than the other event buildings

DeletedUser10076

Why not just balance the gbs? that was the issue to begin with it. Just cap the points gained at 100k per level. Considering the amount of fps it took to lvl such high gbs I think most peeps would have said that was fair. For the record I really don't have problem with the new system just seems like you "overthought" this.

DeletedUser7289

Rather unclear on the ranking points for Forge Points spent. Under "Great Buildings" it says "each Forge Point is worth 15 points", but that is not listed anywhere else. Are FP's spent counted in ranking points? (I think they are, but it's not spelled out). When is this calculated and applied?
Honestly, I'm not all that concerned about 'ranking', as it's an arbitrary number that really doesn't impact gameplay. But I do want my point numbers to move up as I play.

DeletedUser8152

You don't get ranking points for spending forge points. But the RP value of a great building at some level is its base value plus 15 rank points per forge point required to get to that level.

DeletedUser25273

It is interesting that the value of goods in ranking points is no where near the normal 'fair trade' values. I can see IA treasuries growing.

DeletedUser11251

What is this bit about Medals donated to the guild treasury? I've been playing for 3 years, never seen read or heard anything about this. How does it work? I can't find anything about donating medals anywhere by forum searching...

DeletedUser3679

What is this bit about Medals donated to the guild treasury? I've been playing for 3 years, never seen read or heard anything about this. How does it work? I can't find anything about donating medals anywhere by forum searching...

There is a new GvG map coming soon, where medals will be used instead of goods. Also, all ages can (theoretically) fight, although it will obviously turn into another FE map. Lower ages can donate medals, but I think that most will not, as they will need their medals for expansions.

DeletedUser11251

There is a new GvG map coming soon, where medals will be used instead of goods. Also, all ages can (theoretically) fight, although it will obviously turn into another FE map. Lower ages can donate medals, but I think that most will not, as they will need their medals for expansions.
Ahh whew, thought I had missed something big for so long LOL. Thanks!

lemur

I would like to see everything in one place — a reference guild that contains all information about the ranking system calculations. This guide needs to be easy to find and authoritative — which means that it needs to be created by InnoGames itself.

Edit:
I wrote the paragraph above before I had seen the long Announcement by Panacea.

Having now read that, my reaction is that it is excellent. Please convert this information into a page that can be found in the Best Guides section. Thank you!!

Last edited:

DeletedUser8152

I wrote the paragraph above before I had seen the long Announcement by Panacea.

Having now read that, my reaction is that it is excellent. Please convert this information into a page that can be found in the Best Guides section. Thank you!!
The forum guides are written by player volunteers, so if there is something you'd like to see, feel free to take a crack at it!

Darkbox

2) The Arc , The Arc , The Arc. It is overpowered, at obscenely high levels the points given for the daily collection / donation to guild treasury is worth an ungodly amount of points already. Those with high level Arcs near always fp trade with others with high level Arcs, so now by bringing medals into the ranking system, where these Arcs are going to give bizarre #'s of medals, is only going to make it where The Arc by itself will be able to take a city that should be in the top 100, to the top 5 or top 10 of the server rankings.

My arc is not producing Medals at the moment, are you saying it's an incoming modification to the Arc?

DeletedUser7289

Arc increases the medal reward from GB donations (along with the FP reward). So a really high level Arc can greatly increase the medals you get from your donations.

DeletedUser9681

As with most FOE "changes" this was also unfair. People built their cities based on the rules that existed. Then, 3 years later, when they can not change those decisions, the rules are changes. As with previous changes, this is not fair. FOE set the game up incorrectly, people followed the rules, FOE corrects their mistake, but lets the players pay for their mistakes. Correct what needs correcting FOE, but stop doing things retroactively, that is where you go wrong every time. If the player has earned the points by following FOE rules, they should never have them taken away. Thanks.

DeletedUser25273

If the calculations were unfair, letting people keep the old points is even MORE unfair, as they have now permanently locked in that advantage. The current calculation is fairly easily recalculated (and it sounds like they do periodically at recalc) which says that bugs in computing will tend to get fixed.

Into did give out rewards to players who did well under the old system, to help make up for it.

There is also the fact that the points don't matter. They have no real effect on game play.

DeletedUser9433

There is also the fact that the points don't matter. They have no real effect on game play.
I see people make this claim often as if anything in an online game really matters, well it may have an effect on the game play of people who care about their ranking. What you should really be saying is "I don't care about rankings so it doesn't affect my game play and screw everyone else."