• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Calculations Feedback

DeletedUser23123

I like watching my points grow as most do. But, in long term of playing the game. If you play by points. You'll get to busy building and selling buildings. Dumping goods at any place possible and fighting everyone that not on your list. Not to mention going nuts to fight every GvG section, which end up using large portion of units. The old "Hurry Up and Wait" scenario.

DeletedUser9433

I like watching my points grow as most do. But, in long term of playing the game. If you play by points. You'll get to busy building and selling buildings. Dumping goods at any place possible and fighting everyone that not on your list. Not to mention going nuts to fight every GvG section, which end up using large portion of units. The old "Hurry Up and Wait" scenario.
Interesting, you just described the majority of actions possible in playing this game. If you didn't do those there isn't a great deal left to do.

DeletedUser14317

can you clarify
whether goods donated to treasury count for points?

DeletedUser25997

Something I did not see was a penalty for buildings of lower ages in your city. Has this been done away with based on the "age factor"? I've been under the impression that buildings from earlier ages brought your score down.

DeletedUser8152

Something I did not see was a penalty for buildings of lower ages in your city. Has this been done away with based on the "age factor"? I've been under the impression that buildings from earlier ages brought your score down.
Only in comparison to buildings of your age. A bronze age building is worth more points than empty space.

DeletedUser10415

I see people make this claim often as if anything in an online game really matters, well it may have an effect on the game play of people who care about their ranking. What you should really be saying is "I don't care about rankings so it doesn't affect my game play and screw everyone else."

It seems you care about ranking. Can you tell me why?

DeletedUser25273

I see the purpose of playing a game (any game, online or real life) is enjoyment. (Unless of course you are a pro, then it is a Job to pay your living). Your rank has virtually no impact inside the game itself, only what you yourself put into them.

If your ranking in a game, any game, is really that important to you, then I suggest you look at you life to think what should be important.

cbalto1927

I see the purpose of playing a game (any game, online or real life) is enjoyment. (Unless of course you are a pro, then it is a Job to pay your living). Your rank has virtually no impact inside the game itself, only what you yourself put into them.

If your ranking in a game, any game, is really that important to you, then I suggest you look at you life to think what should be important.

While for me ranking isn't important part of the game however it does give sense of competition between you and other players. A sense of accomplishment that you can do better than other players.

DeletedUser9433

Again this baffles me, you consider it important to post this in the forum yet think other people need to examine their life? I suggest you realize that other people may get enjoyment out of some aspects of the game that you may not. Why your perspective should be correct and others wrong is pure egotism and obvious flawed thinking.

DeletedUser9433

It seems you care about ranking. Can you tell me why?
It is the only measure of success in this game (or any similar game for that matter) because it has no end. Since you cannot win this game as a whole at least it offers some degree of measurement for effort expended. I believe you enjoy GvG yet to me it is worthless as I choose not to participate so I understand people who don't care about their ranking but don't understand why some of them believe no one else should care either simply because they consider it unimportant.

DeletedUser10415

It is the only measure of success in this game (or any similar game for that matter) because it has no end. Since you cannot win this game as a whole at least it offers some degree of measurement for effort expended. I believe you enjoy GvG yet to me it is worthless as I choose not to participate so I understand people who don't care about their ranking but don't understand why some of them believe no one else should care either simply because they consider it unimportant.

Is your city not a measurement of your success? Your Great Buildings? The size of your city? Your city's age? Your city's economic situation?

I actually consider the fighting component of the game to be simple to the point of boredom. However I do enjoy the effect GvG has on my city as a result of guild leveling, so I participate in it for that reason. Likewise with the PvP towers. If there weren't eventual expansions in it, or some other useful effect on game play, I wouldn't bother with them.

DeletedUser20367

The only real in-game effects that I've noticed from ranking is friend requests. I receive more of them on the worlds where I have a higher ranking.

I've noticed that hood placement will also effect how many people attack you and that is based on your ranking score. I get attacked more often when I'm near the bottom than when I'm near the top.

Of course, the only way to make sure that you are consistently at the top of the hood it to be at the top of the global rankings. Anywhere out of the top 40 or so you can still end up near the bottom of the hood since it's luck of the draw.

DeletedUser9433

Is your city not a measurement of your success? Your Great Buildings? The size of your city? Your city's age? Your city's economic situation?
All the items (except my economic situation) you listed are indeed a measurement of success and guess what? All of them go into your ranking so for the simpleminded like me I just look at the ranking. Now what Glarg?

DeletedUser4770

ADDENDUM: A CHANGE HAS BEEN MADE TO THE NEW RANKING CALCULATION ANNOUNCEMENT:
Medals donated to the guild treasury will not count towards the ranking
. We have decided to not include donated medals in the ranking. We based on the Beta feedback and we discovered that it would be harmful to include them.

DeletedUser8620

2 days ago I finally surpassed the score that I had before the change took place.. that gives a great feeling of achievement to have passed that mark on 2 different scoring systems :)