• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Wildlife event timer screwed me over

Inno added one more day to the WIldlife event which will likely cause me to not finish in the Professional League. Had the event ended on its original timer I would have secured a place in the Professional League. I had planned ahead based on the original timer and even spent some diamonds to land in the Professional League. But somehow they had to change the timer last minute! The event should have ended on May 23 4:30AM ET but now people are still playing their tickets! I contacted support and Inno will not give me compensation for their error. Inno has no integrity. I believe players should be compensated on a case by case basis.

qaccy

Inno added one more day to the WIldlife event which will likely cause me to not finish in the Professional League. Had the event ended on its original timer I would have secured a place in the Professional League. I had planned ahead based on the original timer and even spent some diamonds to land in the Professional League. But somehow they had to change the timer last minute! The event should have ended on May 23 4:30AM ET but now people are still playing their tickets! I contacted support and Inno will not give me compensation for their error. Inno has no integrity. I believe players should be compensated on a case by case basis.
You realize that everyone got an extra day, right? You can make just as much use of it as anyone else will.

NATORIOUS

Same here. I could have been much more strategic using the event resources I had left had they not waited until an hour or two before the event was supposed to be over to make this decision. Either INNO knew about the bug and waited until the last second, or, they catered to a small impacted segment who somehow still hadn't completed the event with only an hour or two left when the "glitch" occurred. Regardless this could have and SHOULD have been handled much better. It's yet another example of why/how the game play experience is quickly deteriorating.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

League 3 hours before close and now , yes there are quite a few that lost out by these numbers. View attachment 20343View attachment 20344Two comments
What you see would have happened anyway. There have been 6 days since the Mountain Reserve was offered as a DS. I'm pretty sure that I am not the only one that saved up the last 6 daily quests waiting for the Epic Selection Kit on the last day. I set my alarm for 3:30 EDT because I would have a total of 10 boards to play before the end of the event (6 from quests plus 4 from the timer). Across 5 worlds, I averaged 4,740 points per board. So, even if the Event wasn't extended, my point total would have increased by 47K in the last hour of the Event. Once my boards were played, I would have used diamonds, if necessary, to lock a spot in Professional. Anyone that spent all of their tickets and coins three hours before the end of the event, hoping that the landscape would remain the same, played poorly but have an extra day to make it up.

You realize that everyone got an extra day, right? You can make just as much use of it as anyone else will.
That's easy for you to say but if you're in my situation then it's difficult. When the event was supposed to have ended I had 10k margin of league points. Now I have only 3k and with still so many hours to go I will not make it. I'm now out of tools, wildlife coins and diamonds to spend and have only 2 tickets left, 1 has not yet spawned. I tell you I got screwed over because of the last minute change Inno made.

qaccy

You say you got screwed, I say everyone got an extra three tickets for free with arguably the best daily special in the whole event.

You say you got screwed, I say everyone got an extra three tickets for free with arguably the best daily special in the whole event.
Yes some people may have benefited from the last minute change but not me! Like Sharmon said some people have lost out. All because of an error Inno made. As a player I feel I have no control. And I have no extra Mountain Reserve or Epic kits in my inventory, so getting 1 or 2 more kits from those 3 free tickets is not very helpful.

qaccy

Yes some people may have benefited from the last minute change but not me! Like Sharmon said some people have lost out. All because of an error Inno made. As a player I feel I have no control. And I have no extra Mountain Reserve or Epic kits in my inventory, so getting 1 or 2 more kits from those 3 free tickets is not very helpful.
Lemme ask. Who do you imagine is bumping you out of your league placement? Like I said before, everyone got the extra tickets today, and the extra day in general. Yes, the league thresholds are going to change as a result, but who is it that's going to knock you down so much that you can't climb back up with the extra tickets? Are these players being afforded an additional advantage somewhere that you didn't also get with this extra time and tickets?

Pericles the Lion

I can give a very concrete example: Someone has played without saving up during the event and decides to push all the events with the extra time. This contrasted with someone who more aggressively played the event and dumped off the remaining tools and all their coins in the hopes of scoring a mountain kit. They would have gotten a huge bump in progress if they kept the tools and coins.
Instead of coming up with hypothetical players how about we simply look at what the extra day actually did. Everybody that plays the game on the extra day got three free tickets. On average, this will result in about 10 more paws, one more DS, and depending on skill of the player, 9K-12K more progress. The only players that stand to lose anything are the ones that are right on the edge of a League level and do not play the game well. These players might lose some ground versus players that are better at the game. However, some of these players would not have gotten to 280 progress without the help from the extra 3 tickets. Push comes to shove, many more players benefitted from the extra day than were harmed.

McBluefire

Yeah, I must have a ton of real friends in the game who do not play the game well.

Reality is folks pushed to be in the league they wanted last night before bed and get to do the same thing all over again tonight. Not due to 3 extra tickets, but due to the folks who are using diamonds during the day today.

UBERhelp1

It does seem a little odd about the "error" happening just at the worst possible time and that it would be sure to have a whole pile of users with completely depleted goods. This is only the 2nd extension that I have seen in well over 3 years. Good for Inno , not so good for the ones that trusted the deadline.
It seems the bug was involved with completing a daily quest past midnight. So quite possible that it could have been hard to track down if it also had to be the last day of the event.

1684883032302.png

qaccy

I can give a very concrete example: Someone has played without saving up during the event and decides to push all the events with the extra time. This contrasted with someone who more aggressively played the event and dumped off the remaining tools and all their coins in the hopes of scoring a mountain kit. They would have gotten a huge bump in progress if they kept the tools and coins.
How so? The only difference between today and any other day is that this day didn't even exist 24 hours ago. Anyone who was waiting until today to play was not in a good position prior to today, because it meant that they had a bunch of tools, tickets, and/or coins unspent that under normal circumstances would have just gone to waste.

xivarmy

How so? The only difference between today and any other day is that this day didn't even exist 24 hours ago. Anyone who was waiting until today to play was not in a good position prior to today, because it meant that they had a bunch of tools, tickets, and/or coins unspent that under normal circumstances would have just gone to waste.
The difference is that the people who made the decision to spend a little to lockdown their league spots yesterday were doing so under the promise that they only had to hold on for X more hours. Now it's X+24.

If they'd known it'd be X+24 they'd have waited til today to make the decision to spend diamonds and may have decided it was too far and not to go for it.

I still think inno did the right thing by giving the extension because people who had planned to complete the last quests after the day rollover to have the tickets to spend then is probably a larger group than people who were trying to just barely be in a given league. But I do have sympathy for those who made their decision making based on the end date that was still supposed to be last night by the time I went to sleep last night (~2 hours before the promised end).

I don't know that there's a perfect solution for this conundrum. Hopefully the bug is fixed and does not recur for future events.

qaccy

The difference is that the people who made the decision to spend a little to lockdown their league spots yesterday were doing so under the promise that they only had to hold on for X more hours. Now it's X+24.

If they'd known it'd be X+24 they'd have waited til today to make the decision to spend diamonds and may have decided it was too far and not to go for it.
But...under the assumption that basically every player would have dumped all of their stuff by the time they logged off last night, who's left to really be pushing these numbers up? The active players would essentially all be starting with nothing for this last day, since they would have spent all of their stuff the day before. At that point, everyone's just left with the tickets they get today, and of course the option to spend...but anyone who's teetering on the edge of a league was already behind all of the heavy spenders anyway.

I dumped 27 tools and 731 coins before going to bed last night so they would not be wasted. They put the best DS in the event up for a full 24 hours AFTER everyone dumped off their remaining tools and coins. The next day of course would be a high traffic event day and now all those people got edged out and will need to spend more than they already have to get back in.
High traffic by who, though? Nobody would have gone into today with a stockpile of event resources unless they simply forgot to spend them last night, which probably benefited some players but that's likely an edge case. Anyone else would just have whatever they collect or buy today. This day is pretty much a level playing field for everyone, or at least as level as any other prior day of the event.

UBERhelp1

"The ethical solution would have been to give the extension but with a low grade DS not the best one of the event."
Why though? The daily special was already set as the epic kit. Should Inno have revoked that before the players who stockpiled their tickets got a chance to spend them? Would that not have been a bigger problem, if the daily special was swapped out so those players felt they had to spend on a worse daily special?

xivarmy

But...under the assumption that basically every player would have dumped all of their stuff by the time they logged off last night, who's left to really be pushing these numbers up? The active players would essentially all be starting with nothing for this last day, since they would have spent all of their stuff the day before. At that point, everyone's just left with the tickets they get today, and of course the option to spend...but anyone who's teetering on the edge of a league was already behind all of the heavy spenders anyway.
Somebody who decided to bust out the diamonds today of course. Either because they got pushed out themself yesterday before the event ended, or because they like the special that's now available.

Whenever I decide I might spend diamonds to clinch a league reward, I always make my final decision as late as possible in the last night, because until then it's really hard to predict who's going to keep going further. An extra day with a good special certainly motivated some people to move further - which is fine apart from the people who were misled last night into thinking the event is almost over when they made their decision.

In the final hours of the event, I spent Diamonds for extra tickets in both my cities to ensure that I would finish in the Professional League and receive the Shrine Upgrade. Imagine my disbelief when I see that the event is continuing, with no explanation from Inno. Am I supposed to expect that Inno "messes up," and that I should have somehow expected this turn of events? I had exhausted my coins and tools, as I should have, with the end of the event at hand. I get 2 additional Tickets. And that's it. Well, that's it for me.

In the end, this happened to everybody. Maybe everyone got on and played at the same time, I read that a few of you waited till a couple of hours before to play, and many people probably did this. The event got stuck somehow, so for compensation, they gave you an extra day. If you are upset, then you can spend more diamonds, or stop playing.

You must work for Inno customer service. lol. Basically what you are saying is shut up and spend diamonds. ROTFLMAO!!!