• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Newbie question - When to move from EMA to HMA?

dwaynedibley

I am a new player (only about a month), and was first attracted to this game by the TV ads talking about advancing your civilization through the ages or whatever..., and progressed pretty rapidly, and have finished all the technologies of EMA.

But after looking at these forums, it looks like this is NOT how most of the long-term players do it - they seem to hang out in an age and develop bonuses from GBs or whatever before moving on.

Is there some sort of rule of thumb you more experienced players use for what you should have before moving into HME? I currently do not have any GBs besides the Oracle of Delphi, and am working on getting blueprints (making progress on Statue of Zeus, Lighthouse of Alexandria and Hagia Sophia but it is going slow). Im not sure - is there some strategy to maximize getting blueprints that is not obvious?

Agent327

There is no real rule of thumb. Many players and many opinions. What matters is the total picture. What you should not do is rush through the ages. In your case being in EMA and only having an Oracle means you rushed. Not "the" rule of thumb, but the way I look at it is that you at least should be able to place all GB's up until EMA and you should be in the top 10 of your neighbourhood for a couple of changes. Being able to place the GB's does not mean you should place them. It is just a way to measure your progress.

dwaynedibley

If I should have at least all the blueprints of all the GB up to my age and 2,000 of each goods of my age, I certainly have a long way to go!

I joined a Guild at random at the first opportunity, but sorry, I dont know what " Guild Great Building Swap or 1.9 threads " are. Are those some kind of Guild-specific forum that they should have if they are a "good" Guild? When I click on the "Guild Forum" Icon under Global, it says there are no forums. I also have a Guild tab under the message center with a few conversations, but it doesnt seem real active.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Guild great buildings are great buildings that primarily benefit the guild, not the player. Observatory and Atomium are the main ones. Arc is a guild great building too, but it is even more useful for the player than for the guild.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Guild tab under the message center with a few conversations, but it doesnt seem real active.
Quit that guild if it isn't active and find a better one. There is no penalty for leaving a guild, and guild hopping (jumping from guild to guild, aiding everyone for coins and blueprints, checking their marketplace for good trades, checking great buildings for donation opportunities, then quitting and moving on to the next guild) is a good way to figure out which guilds are active and might be a good place to settle down.