• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] no diamond sale?

DeletedUser9067

how come every other game i play has a sale on there special coins except here? like no 50% on holidays? i know from experience that if you make sales on your diamonds more people would buy them then if they stayed the same price.

DeletedUser4844

Occasionally they do have diamond sales, but I think they are like 20% off, and it's not all that often.

DeletedUser9067

ive been playing over 10 months and have never seen a 20% off sale

DeletedUser2145

Unfortunately no one here would be able to precisely answer this as it is the company's marketing department that schedules any such diamond sales. That being said, I do remember some past sales, though these are the only ones I could find in the announcement section:

http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?5135-Seasonal-Diamond-Offer
http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?3901-Today-only-10-more-diamonds!
http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?2063-Winter-Premium-Bonus-December-26th

DeletedUser

That is because the summer event brought a new way for the diamond sales to be announced. Perhaps some of you may remember the pop up that appeared one day over the summer wheel, offering a diamond purchase with extra diamonds. This announcement was not generated by the moderating team but by the marketing team.

There is no lasting record of it for me to show you now, sorry.

DeletedUser9067

all the threads that you posted were very short notice and i did not get to see them at all. when they were announced.

DeletedUser2145

There was an ingame announcement in regards to all of these, and any additional ones, but as DeM2 said there is no way to link to those. They were shown on the game screen itself. During events, when there is a promotion, a screen shows up upon login that basically blocks the whole game and is impossible to miss.

DeletedUser

During the holiday quest they also did a variation of this. Last years Holiday Quest had a "50% (or something like that) off Diamonds on this day only" kind of offer, but this years holiday quest (i was waiting for it) offered a deal that said "If you buy X # of diamonds, you get X # of Stars WITH your purchase". So instead of giving you % off, they gave you stars to play the game with......i'd have rather had the % off.

DeletedUser

The point being made is, the company does offer sales, the terms vary but the sales do come, fairly often.

As for short notice, yes they are all announced just as they begin, this is by design and is not likely to change. If I announced, "In two weeks we will have a diamond sale you can get x amount of free diamonds with your purchase." ,then there would be no purchases made between now and then. That would be counter productive for the company.

DeletedUser6767

I've been waiting on sale before buying more. Passed up the star deal to wait for big %off.

DeletedUser7607

every event since i joined june of last year during summer event has had a sale/ extra stars tokens. never seen one event pass without this.

- - - Updated - - -

every event since i joined june of last year during summer event has had a sale/ extra stars tokens. never seen one event pass without this.

wait Valentine event didn't have a sale special