• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] No House city?

spnnr

Thank you guys /gals for the case studies as we have seen it is actually a worthwhile goal and an excellent foundation to adopt other options in the game as it frees up finite space , reduces loss of motivation and coin loss can easily be compensated for with dual purpose buildings.
I hope Lancer can get it sorted into an easy to digest guide -with the relevant contributors credited.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31440

So I'm going to be making the transition over to a houseless city on F in the next week or so. I'm looking for some feedback on my plan and any shortcomings that I am not seeing.

Currently I have 10 goods buildings that I will be selling once my CF gets to level 10. After the goods buildings are gone, I'll sell housing until I'm at just enough population to cover my Alchemists and TF, use that saved space plus the space from the goods buildings to plant an Inno and Alcatraz. Level Inno up until it covers my population needs then sell the remaining houses and plant a CDM and Hagia. Level Alcatraz, CDM, Hagia in that order in a round robin until level 10 of each. As Hagia and Alcatraz level continue levelling Inno when I can cover happiness requirements for the next level. This seems to me like a good plan, but I've been known to miss readily apparent and obvious things in the past when making plans.

DeletedUser27184

So I'm going to be making the transition over to a houseless city on F in the next week or so. I'm looking for some feedback on my plan and any shortcomings that I am not seeing.

Currently I have 10 goods buildings that I will be selling once my CF gets to level 10. After the goods buildings are gone, I'll sell housing until I'm at just enough population to cover my Alchemists and TF, use that saved space plus the space from the goods buildings to plant an Inno and Alcatraz. Level Inno up until it covers my population needs then sell the remaining houses and plant a CDM and Hagia. Level Alcatraz, CDM, Hagia in that order in a round robin until level 10 of each. As Hagia and Alcatraz level continue levelling Inno when I can cover happiness requirements for the next level. This seems to me like a good plan, but I've been known to miss readily apparent and obvious things in the past when making plans.
Sounds like a good plan.

What is the city age?
You may have issues at the start with coins and supplies.
Coins - How many SoK's/SSw you got? If you delete your houses you will need alternative coin buildings. SoK et cet. Also, do you have SMB?
Supplies - Got LoA? (RaH?).

Also, GE is extra critical at the start of the transition - it gives a lot that you will need to build up your city, the SSW, Tribal Squares, FP, Goods and such.

DeletedUser31440

Sounds like a good plan.

What is the city age?
You may have issues at the start with coins and supplies.
Coins - How many SoK's/SSw you got? If you delete your houses you will need alternative coin buildings. SoK et cet. Also, do you have SMB?
Supplies - Got LoA? (RaH?).

Also, GE is extra critical at the start of the transition - it gives a lot that you will need to build up your city, the SSW, Tribal Squares, FP, Goods and such.

I'm in HMA and I've got 7 SoK's, 2 SSW's, 1 Sundial Spire, and another 2 SoK's and 1 SSW to drop after the switchover. Pair those with the level 10 SMB and I'll be doing a little around 225k/day for coins. I'll jump my Alchemists up to either 40 or 50, not sure if I want 10 extra for DC's or not, and that'll give me around 200k in supplies with the level 11 LoA. So I think I'm good on both of those fronts, between UBQ's and other RQ's I'll be producing enough goods for GE without any issue and the further I progress with the CDM and Alcatraz the less reliant I'll be on them. I should have mentioned all that in the original post.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31440

This is my plan for the city after building the Inno, Traz, CDM, and HS; 7VO0ARBGYC, on foemanager city planner.F - Inno Flat.PNG
F - Inno +.PNG

That's with 50 Alchemists, probably will get rid of some on the bottom left the last 10, most likely at least 1 to have a space to build houses for DC's.

DeletedUser27184

This is my plan for the city after building the Inno, Traz, CDM, and HS; 7VO0ARBGYC, on foemanager city planner.View attachment 9083
View attachment 9082

That's with 50 Alchemists, probably will get rid of some on the bottom left the last 10, most likely at least 1 to have a space to build houses for DC's.
I love how you use the town hall in the middle with 1 road to connect multiple GB's. Beautiful.

Why do you use the long road on the edge of the city? Can you put here 2-3 spaces up, and use both sides of it? Seems like you have a long road but use only one side of it.

DeletedUser31440

I love how you use the town hall in the middle with 1 road to connect multiple GB's. Beautiful.

Why do you use the long road on the edge of the city? Can you put here 2-3 spaces up, and use both sides of it? Seems like you have a long road but use only one side of it.

The long road on the edge is due to me not being very good at efficient city designs and just having a set number of certain types of buildings that I want to fit and once those are in not caring too much about the road efficiency. The Town Hall and GB connections was mostly borrowed from CR's HQ guide, the CA layout example, I just added the CDM and ToR to it, I'm pretty happy with that and think I'll most likely keep that orientation for the rest of the game, if I get rid of the Alchemist row on the bottom left of the Chat it gives me a spot to have a 2 lane road coming off the Town Hall.