• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Not seeing any boost for VH

DeletedUser32822

I’ve one Color Guard and seven other including Rogues, but not seeing any boost. What am I doing wrong? Also, am I right in assuming that having 2 CGs would still give a 12% boost?

DeletedUser32822

When it says “doesn’t stack”, does it mean that it doesn’t stack with any boosts or just doesn’t stack with boosts from other CGs?

DeletedUser26965

When it says “doesn’t stack”, does it mean that it doesn’t stack with any boosts or just doesn’t stack with boosts from other CGs?
I can see how that can be confusing, it's the Ability Rally that does not stack, since other boosts are coming from other sources other than Rally then it would simply be added to those other boost sources as the pic above shows as well.

DeletedUser32822

Thanks, folks; but it still doesn’t explain why I see the same boost with and without the CG unit in my army

wolfhoundtoo

Thanks, folks; but it still doesn’t explain why I see the same boost with and without the CG unit in my army

When I add one to my army it shows the additional attack/defense boosts. You should (if on a PC) right click to put in a ticket if it's not reflecting in the boosts. No one on this forum is going to be able to explain why it's not showing (in fact SJ showed you that it works correctly for him) so support is your best bet.

If you want to provide some screen shots, we could verify that it doesn't show but I doubt you need us to do that.

DeletedUser26965

I tried a different city and it still showing as working. So it seems like wolfhoundtoo mentioned all you can do is put in a ticket. They'll of course most likely give you a stock response to clear your cache, which you should try to see if doing that helps anyway, but if you still get nothing tell them you cleared cache and such and see what comes of it. Let us know too, we like to see these little mysteries solved.

test2.gif

DeletedUser32822

I just figured that the boost for rallying by CG and MD shows up fine on PCs; just doesn't show up on iPhone or iPad, at least on my devices; Does this seems like deliberate? There are quite a few variations in behavior between PCs and the mobile devices.

DeletedUser26965

I just figured that the boost for rallying by CG and MD shows up fine on PCs; just doesn't show up on iPhone or iPad, at least on my devices; Does this seems like deliberate? There are quite a few variations in behavior between PCs and the mobile devices.
Many cross platform games suffer the same thing, they can't typically get all features equal across all platforms, IG/FoE isn't the only company/game to have this problem. They have made improvements over time in the attempt to get them to match though the biggest issue, GvG, will most likely never go cross platform. This video addresses it to some degree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dido 815 the Scourge

I’ve had the same issue with the bonus not showing up when a CG is added to my active army. Since I play almost exclusively on my iPad, I’d never noticed that it actually works on a PC version until I saw this thread. Thx!