• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

OF goods and their uses?

DeletedUser12860

So as we all know, with the exception of the AO GB, AF goods have pretty much been useless. I have heard dev is working on a way to use the goods with the Harbor but my question is, if AF is still useless, how long will OF be useless? I think the new GB will have a hit about the same as the seed vault.

wolfhoundtoo

So as we all know, with the exception of the AO GB, AF goods have pretty much been useless. I have heard dev is working on a way to use the goods with the Harbor but my question is, if AF is still useless, how long will OF be useless? I think the new GB will have a hit about the same as the seed vault.

AF goods have several uses (admittedly the AO is the most popular of the GBs) but some of the others do get built. In addition you use some to gather promethium via the harbor. Admittedly for guilds with lots of players in Artic they probably don't need donations of goods but there are still uses for the goods. Plus whatever was used for the tech tree.

Are you sure you aren't confusing your personal goods with the guild goods like sloppy asked?

DeletedUser26579

I think they are talking about GvG, which as far as I can tell is the only use of goods that is missing for AF goods.

DeletedUser26965

I think they are talking about GvG, which as far as I can tell is the only use of goods that is missing for AF goods.
Not really missing as it's by design to be that way as the AA map uses medals as opposed to goods. Now as to why Inno did this, well, this is how I explain it:

Because of their aggressive move towards mobile and because they can't translate GvG over to mobile this has forced them to essentially abandon GvG and they basically replaced GvG with Guild Expedition. So on May 11, 2016 GE was introduced. Then shortly after on May 24 came the introduction of Arctic Future Part 1 where Inno changed their GvG map model from a map for each era to a single All Ages(AA) map from which all future era units will be used and medals instead of goods as the cost. GvG died at that point. Atomium, The Arc and Observatory(A/A/O) essentially become a lot less necessary in this regard.

And so now we have guilds building up tens of thousands of AF treasury goods from their A/A/O's that would have otherwise been used for an AF map had they continued with their traditional GvG model. When people advance to OF their A/A/O's will be pumping in OF goods into the treasury and soon will also have an overabundance of them.

The result of this has been confusion and delay, as Sir Topham Hat would say to Thomas, to the player base because players are unsure now mostly about what to do Atomium and whether or not they should even build it or if they have to just delete it as most are not concerned with it's Happiness value essentially making this GB useless for some people in some guilds as their Arcs and Obs can easily cover the costs for GE. But there's also the consideration of what inno might do that goes along with that, if they happen to see the folly of their game direction by essentially abandoning GVG they may reverse that and go back to the old model or create some new GvG type environment where these goods are utilized more. So players get in a confused mode of thinking if it's a good idea or not what to do with these GB's i.e. if you don't build them or level them much and Inno adds something new eventually then you just lost out on a lot of goods you could have saved but if they don't then you just used a lot of time, space, fp's etc. that could have went to other more useful endeavors.

wolfhoundtoo

Sure Inno may come up with a use for those goods but if you are moving into Oceanic than the atom is likely useless to you. You can keep it hoping (or fearing) a later change or you can decide that you want to use that portion of the City for something better. If you'd pumped up your Arc then the atom becomes somewhat unneeded anyway.

of course I stayed in FE so perhaps I'm not the best judge of what to do. :)