• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Only A Few Days Left - Options

DeletedUser27848

I've been hoarding Stars the whole Christmas event.

Along the way, I've managed to snag a few 'Premium' prizes; Watchfire, SoK, Wishing Well.

Now with just a few days left, if it came down to these prizes, how would you rank them (based on the fact that I already won Watchfire, SoK & WW)??

Hall of Fame
Shrine of Awe
Shrine of Inspiration
SoK
Wishing Well
Victory Tower

Or all these just 'go for it' prizes? And get any (as many) as I can??

Btw, the fewest Stars I have remaining in any of my 5 cities is 147.
Sitting on 197, 519, 454, 337 & 147, in my 5 cities.

Last edited by a moderator:

BruteForceAttack

SoK
SoK
SoK
SoK
HoF (if you are part of some good guild, good idea to have couple in alt cities so that you can join decent guilds)
Maybe just of kicks Wishing Well in alt cities

SOA, SOI and VT are not worth wasting stars.

Edit: not sure if confectionery is the only prize that is going to come up. I spent all my stars on getting diamonds.

DeletedUser10415

I doubt any of these are coming up. The HoF won't, the shrine that matters (SoK) has already been up twice, and the wishing wells too. In the last few days the confectionery has typically been a repeat prize. I use them almost exclusively in my main city for supplies, and I have several out of date ones, so I'll be stucking up on new ones this year. In my secondary cities I did as BruteForceAttack did - all remaining stars went toward today's diamond prize. Picked up a fair number of medals too for expansions.

DeletedUser14197

I doubt any of these are coming up. The HoF won't, the shrine that matters (SoK) has already been up twice, and the wishing wells too. In the last few days the confectionery has typically been a repeat prize. I use them almost exclusively in my main city for supplies, and I have several out of date ones, so I'll be stucking up on new ones this year. In my secondary cities I did as BruteForceAttack did - all remaining stars went toward today's diamond prize. Picked up a fair number of medals too for expansions.

I don't produce supplies except during events.

DeletedUser27848

I'm still EMA so a Reno Kit doesn't really excite me...

Well if the SoK, WW and HoF are out, I'll probably just blow out my remaining Stars on the last day and hope I get piles of Medals and Forge Points.

I dunno... am I gonna get the Confectionary? Is that like taken for granted??

Oh Great Glarg... how do you say(know) the HoF will not come up as a prize?

DeletedUser10415

I'm still EMA so a Reno Kit doesn't really excite me...

Well if the SoK, WW and HoF are out, I'll probably just blow out my remaining Stars on the last day and hope I get piles of Medals and Forge Points.

I dunno... am I gonna get the Confectionary? Is that like taken for granted??

Reno kits will eventually be useful to you, so having one in inventory wouldn't be a bad thing. As for the confectionery, you'll get one as a quest prize toward the end of the event.

DeletedUser14197

Then you don't produce any goods beyond what your GBs put out, I suspect.

No, I don't produce any goods either. I seem to be getting plenty from quests, GE, WW's, Oasis, etc.... Don't produce goods, there really isn't anything worth plundering. Gone is the need to collect on time.

DeletedUser14197

Reno kits will eventually be useful to you, so having one in inventory wouldn't be a bad thing. As for the confectionery, you'll get one as a quest prize toward the end of the event.

Are you sure? I don't see it as a reward on the wikia site. I assumed it would be a reward, but I don't see it listed as a reward on the wikia site.

DeletedUser27848

So according to Wiki we're at the last day for Quests, which will apparently end with awarding a Confectionary.

But the game keeps saying the Winter Event runs until Jan 5th.

So what goes on Jan 4 & 5?

I'm asking because I still have tons of Stars left. Are we getting one last day(or 2) to just blow those all on prizes?

Ylisaveta

You are not awarded a Confectionary. You have to have one, or win one by choosing presents. The quest tomorrow will be to sell your highest level Confectionary for an upgrade; you cannot complete the quest without one. If you have the Legendary one, you have to do some productions and get a Store building.

The extra days give people a chance to catch up on quests. It also gives you 2 days to win a Confectionary or use your stars up.

DeletedUser27848

Ok, thnx!

FWIW I've had no problems completing the quests each day. And early on, I saw advice to save Stars for the premium gifts (so I have lots of Stars saved up).
Except *gack*!!, being a Noob, some of the prizes that were awarded early, I didn't understand their value; Watchfires, SoA, SoK, Wishing Wells etc... so I missed out on some of those.
And now I guess I have to wait for future events, to get some of those.

Cheers!

DeletedUser27848

I will also say, I've been stupidly lucky, drawing prizes.
When the Rogue Hideout became available, in 3 cities in-a-row, I nailed it with my first pick.
Second time it came up, I won it again in 4 cities, and got the double prize payout in the other, then picked the Rogue Hideout on my next pick, for double Rogue Hideouts. Sweet (according to me anyway!).
When the SoK became available the second time, 3 cities in-a-row, I hit the double prize payout, then got the SoK as my next pick... so double SoK wins there.
Also I define that
as 'Sweet'.