• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Opponents out of my league

• Thread starter DeletedUser40252
  • Start date

DeletedUser40252

Hi all. First post.
I'm really new at this, please forgive me for not knowing all the terms...

I advanced quick enough, and am near the end of the Bronze Age.

Thing is, I'm blocked! As far as gaining new territories.
I still have Spear fighters, Horsemen, and Warriors.
NO foreseeable options for any other types....
Although when hunting for those "things" around my Cities, I occasionally get Soldiers who are WEAK. Same with the Expedition. More non potent Soldiers.

Now I'm at Parooch...
Whoever is there, has what looks like Knights and Dudes with HUGE Crossbows...

COMPLETELY IMPENETRABLE!!!!
Total Defeat, I'm left with NO ARMY, even with infiltration.

PLEASE, do any of you know what I'm doing wrong?
How do I get Knights and Crossbow Dudes?
Thank you, Carmine

DeletedUser27889

Parooch is in the Iron Age Map. The reason you are having difficulty is because you're trying to fight in the Iron Age with mostly Bronze Age troops.

You also seem to be missing some BA and IA troops mainly Stone Throwers which would make it easier for you. Now it is certainly possible to get higher attack boosts so you're able to fight well above your own era however being new I wouldn't focus on that quite yet. I believe you're focusing too much on the Continent Map and not enough on the rest of the game. The Continent Map isn't what advances you through the eras, your tech research does. Unlocking new Techs is how you're going unlock the new eras and higher armies.

But don't do that quite yet. Your goal for each era should be setting yourself up well for the following one. Things become harder as you go forward so unless you situate yourself well you're going to have a much more difficult time. Some people prefer staying in eras for very long periods of time, known as camping but you don't need to do that to be successful.

This is a great guide about the best way to start off a new game https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...o-great-buildings-in-less-than-a-month.13426/ You're still low enough that you can certainly use some of that with what you already have going on.

It's hard to tell without knowing more but it seems like you haven't researched your full BA military since you often times can take down IA with BA and no attack boost. Also it's possible you're misunderstanding where you are at because you mention getting things from the Expedition and you can't play in the Expedition before being in the Iron Age. So I'm of the mind that possibly you are not at the end of the Bronze Age but rather you are in the Iron Age, in any event it doesn't seem like you've researched enough of your troops to be able to fight. You could negotiate your Expedition and get some troops that way, but thats only if you researched your goods buildings.

DeletedUser40252

OK, thank you.
That's a lot for this old Vet to absorb, but you've given me plenty to think about.
Turns out, I'm right at the threshold...
Still doing things in Bronze, but am just getting into Iron at least in the Research.
I have a City definitely in the Iron Age... I've got a new Town Hall, and tiled roof Houses.

The City in question has the old shack looking thing, and all thatched stuff.
I'll have to research on my City in the Iron Age, and see what Military options there are, before THAT City becomes hopelessly stuck too.

Thank you so much for the help!