• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Optimal age for wishing well world?

MOAGLEE

I'm starting a wishing well + fountain of youth world to farm diamonds and was wondering what the optimal age would be for it: IA vs EMA.

On one hand fighting through GE for fountain of youth is easier in IA, on the other hand the antiques dealer would be a good place to get more wishing wells and is only available from EMA on.

Emberguard

If the goal is get as many wells as possible, as fast as possible then you want to unlock Antiques Dealer as soon as you can. If the goal is to sit in the easiest age possible until you run out of space then IrA would achieve that

There's not that much of a difference between IrA and EMA. It's a slightly harder age but so early in the game the difficulty increase is negligible.

The Lady Redneck

I decided to start a Diamond Farm and was all set to stay in IA for a while them move to EMA. Which I did. And thought ok that's me. But it is a slow process and does become very boring and no fun. So I have decided to see if I can keep developing the Diamond farm side of it, but at the same time still get enough "Bite" going on to enjoy a little GE and GBG. As they also help by getting rewards, especially GE. It is still a work in progress, I decided to still take my time and work up to PE. as I like the troops in that Era for fighting with, and would get more space for more WWs. The main challenge has been deciding which GBs, military and Event buildings are absolutely necessary (I have no houses, goods or supply buildings at all). So I can keep the majority of my space for WWs and FoYs. Once I do get to PE I will reevaluate things to see if I can free up more space. So far I am enjoying it. Am up to CA and will move to Indy soon. And it is beginning to pay off.

Pericles the Lion

The odds of winning a FOY after completing lvl64 of GE is 20%. There's about a .02% chance of getting a WW from Daily Challenges. I can't remember the last time I saw a WW in the AD. PvP is another source, the odds of getting a WW as a weekly prize is 20% for players ranked #51-500 (which isn't very difficult to accomplish). It seems that WWs are becoming scarce in Events.

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

I do not bother with the math side of the game much as INNos logic in that area is suspect LOL. But I have got quite a few WWs and FoYs from GE and got one or 2 from the AD every now and again. I do get frags for them quite often in the AD, and from the Daily and other places. And the stronger I get, the more fighting I can do. So that helps. But like everything else in this game it is all down to patience or spending diamonds. Am happy to take my time.

Last edited:

Periclez

Hmm....I was considering starting a WW farm on a newer world, so I put a WW in my city to monitor the diamond return. That was about 4 months ago and I've yet to see any diamonds from it. Considering their popularity, WWs have to be working for most folks so I'm wondering what's going on with it??

Added a FOY the other day to see if the return is any better. too soon to tell.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Hmm....I was considering starting a WW farm on a newer world, so I put a WW in my city to monitor the diamond return. That was about 4 months ago and I've yet to see any diamonds from it. Considering their popularity, WWs have to be working for most folks so I'm wondering what's going on with it??

Added a FOY the other day to see if the return is any better. too soon to tell.
1% chance of payout = 100 days before you would see a return on average, so 4 months isn't anywhere out of bounds for one ww. Put 100 in, and you should average one payout per day (not considering random factor).

Pericles the Lion

I've seen a bunch of WW farms so they must be working but the math doesn't work for my game. One WW has a 1.25% chance of spawning 50 diamonds. Since today's reset of GBG I've collected 125 diamonds, equal to the daily diamond production of a 200 WW farm (and the GBG day is far from over).

Kranyar the Mysterious

I've seen a bunch of WW farms so they must be working but the math doesn't work for my game. One WW has a 1.25% chance of spawning 50 diamonds. Since today's reset of GBG I've collected 125 diamonds, equal to the daily diamond production of a 200 WW farm (and the GBG day is far from over).
Diamond farms were never intended to be where you sit and play the game, they are a side world that you add to as you can, and collect daily. The less time and effort you spend on one, the better. Often all I do on any given day is pop in, collect, dump the fp onto one of my great buildings, check the AD, play some GE, then switch worlds.

Periclez

I'm guessing you folks are correct about the return rate. Doesn't look worth the effort to me. Would be nice if they posted the chance probability on the Wiki

Thanks

Emberguard

I'm guessing you folks are correct about the return rate. Doesn't look worth the effort to me. Would be nice if they posted the chance probability on the Wiki

Thanks
Every building that Inno has officially confirmed the rate for has been a straight 1% chance for 50 diamonds.

Crows Nest is the only exception with a 5% chance for 25 diamonds. However, that too when originally released on Beta was a 1% chance for 50 diamonds. It was only changed to 5% for 25 diamonds due to player feedback on that specific event building.

Johnny B. Goode

Yes, building WW Diamond farms demands patience. The nice thing about Iron Age and EMA Diamond farms is that you don't have to spend 5 Diamonds to collect them quickly. With 9 cities it is too much trouble to collect my TE and above cities (4 of them) manually, so I use the auto collect most days on them. My current strategy is to prioritize WWs/FsoY and buildings that have attack and/or defense boosts for my attacking army. I don't worry about FP, because that's beside the point to a Diamond farm, and so are goods. DCs/GE/events can be managed quite easily without specifically targeting goods or FP production in your city. In the interests of time I rarely play into the 2nd level of GE in my lower era cities. I do occasionally get Diamond rewards even on that level, though. The only city where I get into the 4th level of GE is one of my FE cities. FE is my favorite age because I can auto battle all the way through the first half of level 4, even with an unimpressive a/d boost of 432/237.

Now you may wonder how much return I get on these WWs with such a laissez-faire attitude. Well, I used to buy Diamonds when they had special deals. At one point a few weeks ago, I spent down from a total of around 48k Diamonds to around 36k. Right now I am standing at almost 41k Diamonds without spending a dime. And yesterday I spent 1200 on Diamond expansions in a city that advanced to LMA. I also am not shy about spending the occasional 10 Diamonds to finish a negotiation. Not to mention reviving dead artillery in my younger worlds that don't have a Traz.

As far as space and the availability of WWs/FsoY, I have several of them in my higher era cities sitting in inventory right now. I might put some down when I sell most of my production buildings after this event. Speaking of the event, even though these cities are mainly set up as Diamond farms, I will complete the entire event in all 9, getting a fully upgraded main building in 6 of them without spending Diamonds. In the other 3 I did not get far enough into the previous event to get the Event Surprise Box, so I'll have to spend a few Diamonds to get that last upgrade in them. Less than 5k Diamonds. I'm still deciding whether it's worth it in those cities or not.

Bottom line is that with patience and discipline you can build Diamond farms that provide you a steady income of Diamonds. Definitely enough to spend fairly freely on one main world.

Agent327

I have 5 diamond farms with a total of 479 WW's. All I do is collect them once a day, that's it. No other activities on those. It has taken me 4 years to build them. I think I average about 250-300 a day. It is enough for me to spend diamonds during events.

The Lady Redneck

I am down to 2 worlds now. One is a fighting city. The other my young Diamond Farm (about 2 years old now) As yet it is only making me about 300 - 400 diamonds a week. but that is building up nicely as I am still cautious about how I spend them. Just having the 2 cities does mean I can spend a little time in my Diamond farm. I am now starting to be able to get a few RQs out of it as well by taking the time to collect manually. And also help a little in the young guild I am in there. It is nice to be able to help new players and get them really interested in the real game that is becoming buried beneath all the bolted on mini games. Their enthusiasm when the light comes on and they begin to "see" is great.