• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

oversized aggressors?

Timmyr

realistically, other than city shield is there any way to discourage mega huge bullies who torment small players?...asking for a friend

Aggressor

realistically, other than city shield is there any way to discourage mega huge bullies who torment small players?...asking for a friend
Um, here's a nasty little trick.
If you have a terrace farm, Cider Mill, or any special production building, set it to the Medal or supply production and dont collect from it. Somebody will come through and plunder it only to find a medal and instantly get mad. It wont prevent them from plundering you but if they waste their plunder on a medal that keeps them from taking your other productions. After they catch onto your idea you can set it back to FPs. It wont stop them but it will keep your valuable buildings safe and get back at the aggressor. Its also nice because the supplies/medals productions usually only take less than 4 hours so it can be done several times. Pass this on to your "friend"

Emberguard

If you have a terrace farm, Cider Mill, or any special production building, set it to the Medal or supply production and dont collect from it. Somebody will come through and plunder it only to find a medal and instantly get mad. It wont prevent them from plundering you but if they waste their plunder on a medal that keeps them from taking your other productions. After they catch onto your idea you can set it back to FPs. It wont stop them but it will keep your valuable buildings safe and get back at the aggressor. Its also nice because the supplies/medals productions usually only take less than 4 hours so it can be done several times. Pass this on to your "friend"
Note: it only works on certain plunderers. I wouldn’t care enough to keep track of who does that and keep plundering it if I see it

-Chen-

I know it's been said ad nauseam on here, but the best thing really is just to set it up so that at least all of your more important buildings come due for collection at a time when you know you'll have access to your phone or computer.

I'm still fairly new, but the few regular plunderers that I had to deal with in HMA became discouraged fairly quickly once they discovered that all they would ever get for their time is a measly couple of hundred coins from one of my mansions. The most persistent of them tried me every conceivable time of the day and night, and after a while just resigned themselves to taking the points for beating my army, and stopped even bothering to plunder.

MarktheMagnificent

To begin with, I found myself being attacked and plundered regularly. The most effective solution I found was to get bigger and reduce the amount of people able to attack me. I now find it very comforting to be able to pick on others instead.

Don't look to end the exploitation, find a way to become the exploiter.

emmagirl2

Easy
  1. Collect on time then the plunder will get NOTHING
  2. Make an strong defence
  3. attack and plunder the plunderer
  4. watch the battle and place they plunderers weaknesses down
  5. Hope fully BYE BYE plunderer

Farfle the smelly

Make sure you’re in a good guild and hope that some guildies are in your area so that others can pick on them? Otherwise, nope. Just do everything listed above and dream for the day you can fight back.

generalwoo

Other than the city shield and collecting on time, and maybe a little diplomacy, there isn't much you can do to stop someone who has spent considerable time working on attack boosts. Even in HMA, there are players with 500-600% attack boost. Pretty hard to defend against that.

Have as few plunderable buildings as possible, and get everything motivated. You can also get stronger and return the favor, but the attacker may also have a sky-high defense to go along with that attack. Friends, guildmates, and neighbors in allied guilds (if they're stronger than you) can help too.

Falconwing

The problem with that idea is you take the fp's (or Goods) away from yourself setting the trap. If you do it to more than one building, you end up costing yourself more than they could possibly plunder.

Other People have mentioned the basics (collect on time, etc, etc...) but here are some other options.
First thing, always attack back. Even if you lose horribly, attack back. Some people respect that (some don't) and might stop. Could even make a friend if you have a FR available.
Try communication. We are social creatures and most of us like to interact with each other. Don't whine, cry, complain or be a jerk about the plunder, that will just make it worse, I assure you. Don't ask them to stop either, just try and make a funny. My old go to (before I was the Ogre on the block), was to ask what kind of cookies they wanted me to leave out for their next visit. I've even commented on their names if I recognized it from a book or other media. If someone with a Game of Thrones name as their own hits you, tell them how much you liked the show/books, lie if you gotta, just find a connection. Again, could make a friend.
Try Aiding before they hit you. Many people Aid from TH and after they do, they can't attack you. Obviously if they keep hitting you, stop Aiding them. I know that now days I usually attack and plunder people cause they didn't Aid me. When I was a lil guy, I always Aided the top ten out of respect (and fear, lol), so I kinda expect the same.
Sick a Guildmate on them if possible. I know when someone in my Guild mentions they got hit and the attacker is in my Hood, I bring the pain (if I can, sometimes the pain gets brought to you, lol).
Lastly, and this one ain't painless, simply ask them what the price of protection is. Between a few FP's on a GB and some Aid, you might bribe your way out. Not ideal, but if he's pummeling you and getting the stuff anyway, this might cost you less.

None of these are sure fire in anyway, just extra options in case the basics aren't working. Good luck.

kmc11

Own a phone.
Get the mobile app.
When you wake up, while sipping your first coffee(or whatever you happen to drink in the morning), take the phone and collect.
Do 1 day productions unless you gonna be online when they're ready.
Repeat.

100% bullet proof

gianteagle

Yes. Just collect everthying at a certain time. It works for me but if I leave it for any more than about 20 mins I get plundered

Aggressor

The problem with that idea is you take the fp's (or Goods) away from yourself setting the trap. If you do it to more than one building, you end up costing yourself more than they could possibly plunder.
No. I did this trick with my aviary.
I set it to the one hour production (2 medals) and watch people plunder it. It gave me more satisfaction than the 2 FPs would. I could get several people a day with it since the production was only one hour long. After a week, nobody kept plundering me, so I set it back to two FPs. Now I get my FPs, I don't get plundered and I got to watch people who think they're so awesome coming to my city and stealing from my aviary walk away mad with 2 medals. Well worth losing a few fps.

gianteagle

City shield takes a while to get, especially for smaller taverns so just collect on time to not get plunder

Farfle the smelly

Own a phone.
Get the mobile app.
When you wake up, while sipping your first coffee(or whatever you happen to drink in the morning), take the phone and collect.
Do 1 day productions unless you gonna be online when they're ready.
Repeat.

100% bullet proof
Have you been spying on me?