• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Packs From The Store- Time For An Upgrade?

Mustapha00

I have, on occasion, given into temptation and purchased at least some of the packs from the in-game store.

I consider the Buildings Pack to be a very good deal. If memory serves, it's a premium Residential, Good, Culture and Deco building from your current Era and costs....$5.99US (I think). I almost always buy one of these upon reaching a new Era. just to give me a bit of a production head start.Out of 5 stars, I'll give this one 4.5 stars.

I cannot recall what all the Quickstart Pack contains, other than a fair amount of Diamonds (350-ish?), which are always a very nice, if expensive, purchase. It's not often available, at least not to me, but the cost is more than fair ($3.99US I think). Give this one 4 out of 5 stars.

I have not bought the Army Pack, and do not see the value in it. No rating.

Which brings me to what I consider the absolute worst and overpriced pack in the game: Research Pack. Zero stars out of five. For $5.99US, you get a whopping >10FP< as well as 10 of each Good from your current Era. At $3.99US, it's a fair- not good- deal. At $6? Uh uh. I would like to see the FPs increased to 20 or even 25 and the Goods increased to 20- or the addition of 300 or so Diamonds- if the price is to remain what it is now, or a drop in price to no more than $3.

On the Diamond Package side, truthfully I'm fine with the prices and quantities offered. You can always wish for more, and, on occasion, Inno does offer a bonus to the Diamonds, but I'm OK with their regular packages here.

DeletedUser17462

The value in the army pack is that it gives you instant access to troops upon reaching a new age.

DeletedUser23772

I remember my first days of playing in foe...there was this one guy who spent his money on (iron) army packs and was attacking people with his unattached troops.
Army pack is so a total waste of money.

Mustapha00

The value in the army pack is that it gives you instant access to troops upon reaching a new age.
In that it is exactly like the Buildings Pack, save that I would say the Buildings Pack is a better buy because the buildings are as permanent as you choose to make them; the army units can be lost (all too easily if you're as bad at PvP as I am).

DeletedUser10415

If you've got attached rogues, the army packs can be very useful at the beginning of an age.

I agree on the research pack.

I like the building pack a lot. I wish I could buy more than one, but I see that for what it is - an incentive to buy the premium buildings from the build menu, once you've gotten a taste.

DeletedUser10517

By FAR.....the best package is the Army Package......everything else is not needed.

The building pack......doesnt make any difference to the game......you still make supplies and coins with what you had in the previous era......and youll get to new buildings eventually.
I really cant see any point in changing a HMA supply building to a LMA supply building when its costing $$$$ to do so, when it doesnt make much difference.

An Army pack, however, allows a player to start attacking in that Tower as soon as he enters that era.......and does not have to wait to open the first army Tech.....which is usually many days away (depending on how fast you work the Tech)

With 8 new era Units and all the Rogues you have in stock, you can rack up a ton of points and medals way way before you have had chance to open that first Military Tech.

You use 1 of the Army Pack troops, and 7 rogues, move the troop out of the way, and allow the 7 rogues to transform and do battle. Thus, the Army Pack troops are never lost.

Well worth the money.

DeletedUser10415

I will say I never bought a building pack until I hit FE. I was in a bit of a happiness bind at the time, and the concert hall is quite the little entertainer. I didn't buy any of the earlier age building packs because premium buildings don't upgrade themselves when you go up an age. I figured though, since we'll be stuck at FE until Summer probably, that I'd get my money's worth out of it.

Darkbox

Army pack is the best package, imho.

Always get it when you enter a new age and you can set that army for defense, then "borrow" one unit and couple it with rogues to beat up the hood and get some points / medals on the tower..

Cyril the Bold

NEVER buy diamonds with an iOS device (iPad, iPhone, etc). You'll receive 1000 fewer if you buy the $80 "chest." Using the browser version gives you 11,000 vs 10,000 with iOS. No doubt the difference is Inno's way of making up for the fee Apple charges for using it's iTunes Store. I always wait for Inno to thrown in bonus items to the diamond packs & not always then. Depends on whats being offered.
Building pack is fine IF you want those Premium buildings. Ordinarly, those cost diamonds.
Research Pack DOES need additional content to make it worthwhile. How about 1 or 2 expansions!!!

DeletedUser26154

NEVER buy diamonds with an iOS device (iPad, iPhone, etc). You'll receive 1000 fewer if you buy the $80 "chest." Using the browser version gives you 11,000 vs 10,000 with iOS. No doubt the difference is Inno's way of making up for the fee Apple charges for using it's iTunes Store. I always wait for Inno to thrown in bonus items to the diamond packs & not always then. Depends on whats being offered.
Building pack is fine IF you want those Premium buildings. Ordinarly, those cost diamonds.
Research Pack DOES need additional content to make it worthwhile. How about 1 or 2 expansions!!!

Adding expansions with diamond purchases would unbalance the game even more so, in the payer's favor.
As much as I would love that idea [21,000 medals for my next expansion], I won't get my hopes up.
Everything else I agree with. I don't know about the apple fee stuff, but it does make sense.
Thank you.

DeletedUser25273

The iOS and Android version both seem to normally have the same price/quantity of diamonds, so my guess is that the Apple Store and Google Play probably take a similar cut for purchases, which is probably higher than the base Credit Card cut (so you get a bit less, but can buy a smaller pack, since the stores are set up for small transactions). Very rarely I do see specials in the iOS that aren't on the web store, so there may be times when the bonus content from the iOS store is worth the reduction in diamonds.