• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PC vs. Mobile

Xenosaur

To be exceedingly accurate - FoE mobile gamers were able to play rudimentary GvG using a FLASH emulation tool, called Puffin. For a while, diehards on mobile devices could get the FREE or paid version of Puffin, and actually play slow GvG through that 3rd party app.

But once the PC version went to HTML5 (and InnoGames retired the FLASH version...) Puffin hasn't (and won't) work, so John's now 100% correct.

Last edited:

Kryxeus

Normally I play on a tablet over a WiFi network. Tonight the WiFi is down so I logged in on a PC using the browser. Good grief, what a nightmare!!!

And I'm not talking about just the different layout. Some of the basic functionality is different in a bad way. For example, when reviewing the tavern, on mobile, one touch and I can then both aid and see if a reciprocal visit is possible. On PC, the Aid button is not there at all and I have to visit in order to see if I can visit. Do the coding teams for PC and Mobile even talk to each other?

I don't know how anybody actually enjoys playing on a PC.

That was a fun read. I started in 2013 and only PC was available. Trust me, the Aid button is there, I remember when it wasn't there when you had visit every persons town one by one to motivate or polish. Players listed in their description exactly what they wanted motivated or polished. I believe the Aid button came before GvG. We didn't have a Friends List either thank God. I cant imagine having to visit 150 friends to motivate or polish to their description. We never motivated or polished our neighbors before GvG. Neighbors were the only people to fight and only way to get a high amount of tower points to win medals. If you started in a new world, plan on getting your stilt house plundered right out of the gates. If we wanted to play on mobile, we downloaded a flash app to play the PC version on a little iPhone 4 screen. Many times I wanted to throw my phone. FOE was brutal back then.

Everyone has their preference but the PC version has come a long, long way from in 2013. The app is convenient but you can do so much more on PC, and just as easy imo.

The Lady Redneck

GvG came before the aid button. And you did not get coin for aiding either. And guild leaders said you were not to aid anyone who was in an enemy guild in GvG. After they started giving coin for aiding they said it was ok to aid everyone in in your hood in order to get the coin. But try to only aid the most worthless deco in an enemies city. We also did have a FL before the Aid button was added. Back then all guilds had a full 80 members, Hood was 80 members then FL was added, That was when folk started telling INNO they "HAD TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE -@@#$%$&^ CLICKING!!!!!!!"

@ Achaeus ..... The aid button is there on the PC. It is an orange button below everybody's avatar with AID on it. It changes to grey for 24 hrs after you have aided that person. But I prefer to aid and tavern hop from Townhall Events. As once I have done that I can look along my friends bar and any who have not aided or visited my tavern can still be seen as orange. Which helps with weeding out the dead wood so I can keep my FL current.

Last edited:

Kryxeus

GvG came before the aid button. And you did not get coin for aiding either. And guild leaders said you were not to aid anyone who was in an enemy guild in GvG. After they started giving coin for aiding they said it was ok to aid everyone in in your hood in order to get the coin. But try to only aid the most worthless deco in an enemies city. We also did have a FL before the Aid button was added. Back then all guilds had a full 80 members, Hood was 80 members then FL was added, That was when folk started telling INNO they "HAD TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE -@@#$%$&^ CLICKING!!!!!!!"

And the aid button is there on the PC. It is an orange button below everybody's avatar with AID on it. It changes to grey for 24 hrs after you have aided that person. But I prefer to aid and tavern hop from Townhall Events. As once I have done that I can look along my friends bar and any who have not aided or visited my tavern can be seen. Which helps with weeding out the dead wood so I can keep my FL current.

Your memory is much better than mine. I know Aid and GvG came very close together. I do remember not having friends list. If I remember right, there was an option to Aid or Attack from the same bar under the player?

The Lady Redneck

LOL I only remember that as I was desperate to fight in the new GVG. and I was a total noob nowhere ready to fight. Being bullied by all those high level hood bullies who could fight. (Colonial and then Indy were the new ages) And I was told to sit and farm what I was told to farm for the guild treasury (No treasury GBs back then not even OBS) So I had to hand over all those goods, only aid as told and watch the big guys having fun fighting. And wonder how the heck I would ever be able to get out of Bronze into Iron age, never mind get as high as EMA to be considered for fighting. The game was just not fair!!!! I ended up saying I hated GvG and would never play it.

Tarkkus

Normally I play on a tablet over a WiFi network. Tonight the WiFi is down so I logged in on a PC using the browser. Good grief, what a nightmare!!!

And I'm not talking about just the different layout. Some of the basic functionality is different in a bad way. For example, when reviewing the tavern, on mobile, one touch and I can then both aid and see if a reciprocal visit is possible. On PC, the Aid button is not there at all and I have to visit in order to see if I can visit. Do the coding teams for PC and Mobile even talk to each other?

I don't know how anybody actually enjoys playing on a PC.
I prefer a PC over a mobile. I do both. I guess it is what you get accustomed to. I do enjoy the large screen on PC a lot more that the small mobile screens

Yugi the 7empest

I only play on PC, and not for GvG. I've tried playing on mobile and did not like it at all, not even a little. I also found that fighting speed is so much faster on PC, with about 1 fight per 2 seconds (without reload), 2.5 seconds if I have to acknowledge a reward pop up. On mobile, fighting was ungodly slow, at least for me.

Last edited: