• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Players Advancing way to Quickly

DeletedUser24842

There are 2 players in my guild and both players are in the Middle ages High and Late, both have zero or little armies, not a lot of land, one has a bunch of GB several of which are from well past there age (how did they get the supplies?) but both seem to be advancing in my Guild very quickly....Now don't get me wrong I advanced a little quickly as well by buying diamonds and all that fun stuff so I can't blame anyone else for doing the same. I've had the time and at the moment the money luckily. But they don't seem to being following the games progression as I did and other players have done. Other people in the my guild seem to be following the natural course of the game but these two don’t seem to be. In fact they are jumping over those people who are much further along in the ages and have more items ect. and have been playing a lot longer. Are they gaining by battling with neighbors or in their guild maps? Are they doing something that I’m just not seeing? I’m a little confused about this one. Am I doing something wrong maybe? Is it possible for them to be cheating? I keep saying it's only a game so maybe I shouldn't worry about it so much...lol

DeletedUser8152

You can advance arbitrarily quickly using enough diamonds. I guess that might be what's going on. You could ask them?

DeletedUser14197

People get great buildings way above their age by trading low age goods for high age goods from other players and donating a predetermined number of fps to their great buildings in exchange for the goods. I helped someone once doing that. They would just need to have plenty of goods buildings to acquire the goods with I would think.

wolfhoundtoo

Please clarify what you mean by advancing? do you mean rank score or perhaps ages? I'd suspect rank score but that would result from them getting and 'spending' the goods needed for those advanced Great Buildings.

DeletedUser24842

Yes I mean by rank score. They are not advancing much by age but they are surpassing quit a few people with much higher ages than them. They also do not have any goods buildings at all so how are they getting so many goods to trade for GBs so far past them? Something just does not seem right!

wolfhoundtoo

Well a couple of things to note:

1) Battle points contribute greatly to your ranking score.
2) Every resource you consume contributes to your ranking score. So if they added advanced aged Great Buildings they would of had to spend the goods to do so which would give them more ranking points.
3) If they aren't making goods but are still able to build advanced Great Buildings it would seem likely that they are trading forge points for goods. for example you want to build an Alcatraz (I believe that's approximately 1,800 progressive era goods) but you have no such goods. You find someone who has the goods and donate forge points to a Great Building of theirs (usually mutually agreed upon) and in return you post bronze age goods looking for the progressive era goods. I take those goods you build your Alcatraz (the amount of forge points would be negotiated in advance).

Look them up in global and see how many battle victories they have gotten and that should give you an idea if they are fighting a lot at least.

DeletedUser2892

A player can stay in the same Age and trade FPs for Goods. Ranking points go up pretty fast if the player then advances through upper ages of the Map.

Recurring Quest do not need to be aborted twice. It is too hard on the hand and fingers.

DeletedUser24842

I suppose your right the FPs for goods does make the most sense and I know it has been done. It just doesn't seem fair that someone can add a later GBs. Such as adding Arctic Future to Middle Ages for example. They should only be unlocked after you reach that age or one or two above your age or something like that. Thanks for the help everyone.

wolfhoundtoo

FOE will let you do most anything if you can arrange it. The game system discourage this in the formation of it's trading system but if people will find a way around it if they really want something. The major block would be getting the blueprints but if you want to spend the forge points and/or the diamonds to get them then you are allowed to do so (partially for what I presume is revenue generation but mostly as an acknowledgement that not all players will pay this game the same way). There is certainly a preferred method that the game system is designed to promote but nothing is required. The designers try and keep the game balanced over all but doing that does not necessarily limit players to Great Buildings of their age.

After all others can do the same.........there is nothing stopping you from arranging a trade for a Great Building that you want.

Mustapha00

I don't know if you mentioned whether or not those players were in Guilds, but Guilds have been known to help younger players out by trading whatever Age goods they can produce for the Age goods (Progressive?) necessary to build those later-Age GBs, particularly an Alcatraz. With the benefits from the Guild Expeditions, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this doesn't become even more prevalent.

Or, as has been said, you >can< use Diamonds to buy a GB. I want to say that, if you had no BPs and no appropriate Age goods, and Alcatraz would run your just a smidge under 10,000 Diamonds. Can't say that I'd ever spend that much on one goal, but then to each his own, right?

DeletedUser14197

I don't know if you mentioned whether or not those players were in Guilds, but Guilds have been known to help younger players out by trading whatever Age goods they can produce for the Age goods (Progressive?) necessary to build those later-Age GBs, particularly an Alcatraz. With the benefits from the Guild Expeditions, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this doesn't become even more prevalent.

Or, as has been said, you >can< use Diamonds to buy a GB. I want to say that, if you had no BPs and no appropriate Age goods, and Alcatraz would run your just a smidge under 10,000 Diamonds. Can't say that I'd ever spend that much on one goal, but then to each his own, right?

However, one really may not need to buy the blueprints, or at least not all of them. All you really have to do is make sure you aid a lot of progressive age buildings and donate fps to others trazs to get the blueprints. I had all my blueprints before I reached progressive age and I wasn't even actually working at it at first. When I saw I was close, and had an offer to help with the goods, I started working harder at getting them.

DeletedUser24842

Mustapha00 they are in my Guild and I'm in the Progressive age right now and yes, the Guild Expedition seems to be the problem. That's when this started the two people I mentioned got the Arc and another newbie as of today is going to start trading lower goods with one of our higher members.

I know I could do the same thing but it just aggravates me so much that I play the game progressively as it should be and so much like this is going on. It's taking the fun of the competition out of the game.

Ylisaveta

I know I could do the same thing but it just aggravates me so much that I play the game progressively as it should be and so much like this is going on. It's taking the fun of the competition out of the game.

This is your opinion, but please do not cast it as a value judgement. Others see it differently. I shake my head in each of my worlds at the people perpetually in the bottom of my hoods, who raced up the tech tree, "progressively as it should be." They have few or no GB's. If they do have them, they are low level because they use all their fps for research.

I never leave any age until my coffers are full of that age's goods, and I spend that time levelling my GB's. In my lowest world on the US Servers, I'm in HMA with a level 10 LoA, a level 10 Hagia, a level 10 Zeus, a level 10 CoA, a level 5 St Mark's, a level 3 Temple of Relics, and a brand new CdM at level 2 that I got the goods for by trading one age up on the open market. I am first in my hood and have been for ages, and I take my PvP tower every week just by playing GE. And it's just a secondary world I spend very little time on, and you'd be really aggravated by my A world city.

Oh, and I've spent no diamonds in that world except to buy the first 2 expansions.

Mustapha00

Mustapha00 they are in my Guild and I'm in the Progressive age right now and yes, the Guild Expedition seems to be the problem. That's when this started the two people I mentioned got the Arc and another newbie as of today is going to start trading lower goods with one of our higher members.

Practically every game I've ever played had some way to advance more quickly than you'd typically expect a player to, whether it was having your new character buffed to the maxx in MMORPGs or having a Guild that makes trading for the goods necessary to build certain advanced GBs here in FoE. "Power Levelling", unless it is does via an exploit, isn't against any game's rules (at least not so far as I know). It is up to the individual player to decide if he wants to take advantage of this tactic.

Ylisaveta brings up what might be the biggest drawback of "going too fast", and that is not having laid the foundation that makes the later game go more smoothly because you sped through the early Ages. Players typically level up the early military and production GBs in the first few Ages so they are of good levels once they hit mid-game. On my first server, I did not do this and so now that I could really use a good military boost, I simply don't have the military GBs at a high enough level to provide it, so my progress now, just when the game is getting really interesting, is slowed.

Still, this isn't as bad as in one particular MMORPG that I played years ago. Early on, it was not against the Terms of Service to sell your account for real cash. Websites sprung up dedicated to doing just this (and taking a piece of the profits). But the problem was that at least some players who bought these accounts with high level characters in them had zero idea how to play the game and they'd have to ask questions- very basic questions that other players knew after a few days playing the game. I recall being in the newbie zone just outside one of the main cities watching a high level caster being swarmed by starter critters and yelling for help because they didn't know how to cast a spell.....

DeletedUser2892

I suppose your right the FPs for goods does make the most sense and I know it has been done. It just doesn't seem fair that someone can add a later GBs. Such as adding Arctic Future to Middle Ages for example. They should only be unlocked after you reach that age or one or two above your age or something like that. Thanks for the help everyone.
E World  GB city on US server  9 17 2016    .jpg

Fair is a matter of perspective. I have been working on my Iron Age city for over 3 years. I have another older Iron age city that has just Iron Age buildings. My Iron age city with higher GBs has been a bigger challenge. It has been fun working "outside the box". Also no diamonds were bought to create this city. A player has a lot of FPs to trade with if he does not move through the Tech Tree.

I highly recommend players to build a creative city on another server. It adds a whole new perspective to the game.

PS. My city is ably named Atlantis.

DeletedUser26946

View attachment 1589

Fair is a matter of perspective. I have been working on my Iron Age city for over 3 years. I have another older Iron age city that has just Iron Age buildings. My Iron age city with higher GBs has been a bigger challenge. It has been fun working "outside the box". Also no diamonds were bought to create this city. A player has a lot of FPs to trade with if he does not move through the Tech Tree.

I highly recommend players to build a creative city on another server. It adds a whole new perspective to the game.

View attachment 1589

Amazing. Three years in Iron Age. Am glad to hear yo share this. Very interesting. I only started playing in 2015 and found that I was struggling to advance. Only now in V world have I slowed down (a bit) and have several Great Buildings. This is refreshing.

DeletedUser26154

I highly recommend players to build a creative city on another server.
A very seductive proposal. It's good to start an artistic city when big events begin like the recent one. I have a bunch of buildings in my inventory, that would be perfect for projects of this nature.