• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Playing by the Rules / your Rules!

Corwins Adventure

This was intended for the creators / coders ...
Where to Start? You/your (Hereinafter this game) establish all the limits of each unit on the battlefield... attack values, defense values, movement limits -pus bonus values for attack & defense. Then once battle begins you invalidate everything in favor of “you” a unit that (is supposed to be able to move 12 or 16 or whatever can only move 4, 5, 6 (or less) because of your Proverbial nets
(the red boarders around spaces) unduly limiting movement while your units are given free reign to move as they will! When my/our units have 3, 4, 5x or more the defense values of your units... your units still take multiple hits & still not expire!
You allow double & even triple teaming your units on mine while at the same time
Putting up your little nets prohibiting other units of mine to engage the same!
There is a word for it!... CHEATING! You will penetrate & destroy critical units of mine in a manner which I am never allowed! YOU make the RULES....
PLAY BY THEM! ...

Corwins Adventure

Then explain to me how the movement of my units can be so greatly curtailed by those (red nets) for lack of a better term...
if the description of a units abilities are... say can move 12 0r 16 or 24 or whatever... then it is restricted to say 4... 5.... 6
or sometimes less... then after a move is again restricted to 2...3 or maybe 4 forward or back... or the nets are put up around
their units when it is in easy range... again & again & again... I don’t understand that... it is totally off balance...
like for example in chess... each piece has predetermined movement capabilities... your opponent can’t up & say...
well yes your bishop can normally move that way except this time... or normally you could capture my rook... except not now...
you get where I’m going with this... movement, defense & offense bonuses etc have been spelled out... except when they are not!
please explain that to me. ??? I’m not a moron how can the rules be so different for each side. You build up additional attack & defense
bonuses through various GBs, boosts etc for them to be virtually nullified... I’m listening to any reasonable explanation you may have.
but please don’t condescend to me... “your vast wisdom” it’s not that hard to see when things don't appear To be according to hoyle so to speak...
terminology used to offer the benefit of the doubt.
it sounds a little like Vietnam... send troops into battle but then slap the proverbial cuffs on them. That’s life & it can deal some really cruel hands...
this is not life it’s a game....

Last edited:

Vger

Then explain to me how the movement of my units can be so greatly curtailed by those (red nets) for lack of a better term...

Terrain

The type of terrain you are trying to cross has a big impact on how far you can move. The AI seems to have at least a basic understanding of terrain and uses that to its advantage. You don't have a basic understanding of terrain yet, so you are getting beat by a (not so smart) AI that does. Learn how to use terrain to your advantage and you will do much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

DreadfulCadillac

if the description of a units abilities are... say can move 12 0r 16 or 24 or whatever... then it is restricted to say 4... 5.... 6
or sometimes less... then after a move is again restricted to 2...3 or maybe 4 forward or back... or the nets are put up around
their units when it is in easy range... again & again & again... I don’t understand that... it is totally off balance...
like for example in chess... each piece has predetermined movement capabilities... your opponent can’t up & say...
well yes your bishop can normally move that way except this time... or normally you could capture my rook... except not now...
you get where I’m going with this... movement, defense & offense bonuses etc have been spelled out... except when they are not!
please explain that to me. ??? I’m not a moron how can the rules be so different for each side. You build up additional attack & defense
bonuses through various GBs, boosts etc for them to be virtually nullified... I’m listening to any reasonable explanation you may have.
but please don’t condescend to me... “your vast wisdom” it’s not that hard to see when things don't appear To be according to hoyle so to speak...
terminology used to offer the benefit of the doubt.
it sounds a little like Vietnam... send troops into battle but then slap the proverbial cuffs on them. That’s life & it can deal some really cruel hands...
this is not life it’s a game....
Each tile has a movement cost. so lets say your troop can move 12, and their are 4 squares in front of it each costing 3. well then it can move upto those 4 squares, and not further

DeletedUser31499

I’m in FE and have 57k fights. I haven’t seen these red nets yet so I’m a little confused on that. I haven’t seen Inno cheating me yet when I’m fighting. There is a learning curve to fighting. Picking the correct units... strength vs weakness... goes a long way in being successful in combat. Also learn to use the terrain to your advantage.

Agent327

I’m in FE and have 57k fights. I haven’t seen these red nets yet so I’m a little confused on that. I haven’t seen Inno cheating me yet when I’m fighting. There is a learning curve to fighting. Picking the correct units... strength vs weakness... goes a long way in being successful in combat. Also learn to use the terrain to your advantage.

I think he means the raster that shows you were you can and can not move.

DeletedUser31499

I think he means the raster that shows you were you can and can not move.

Ah, I always play on an iPad and it doesn’t show where or where you can not move. I would see the raster as an advantage of the pc player over the mobile player but us mobile player can still be very successful without it.

DevaCat

iPad here as well. Frustration rant post, it happens. Terrain costs change the distance your units can move as mentioned. The effect varies so learn your units and what hills, plains, woods and rocks do to their movement. Cavalry for example has to go around rocks to get to those pesky artillery units, they can't go straight over. So your charge could run out of steam before your horses can actually attack. I hate it when that happens! :D

Corwins Adventure

Each tile has a movement cost. so lets say your troop can move 12, and their are 4 squares in front of it each costing 3. well then it can move upto those 4 squares, and not further
I’m sorry... Nothing shows or explains the movement cost of tiles & the fact that the “opposition is not curtailed in such a way or that...
what I termed red nets (spaces with red boarders surrounding them) a string of such tiles forms a “net” the restricts movement...
and if you movement cost per tile were true than some must have 6, 8, 10 movement costs... because I have moved a piece halfway down the board
then been restricted again to 1-3 spaces by a unit that has already moved way more than that... or one unit moves x number of spaces but
another identical unit can’t move anywhere close to that.. it’s like the rules change from move to move & opposition units are not even close to such restrictions! It’s like there is one set of rules for me & another for the opposition!... I’ve gone back to a battlefield & from what I see your arguments
don’t hold water! I use terrain... trees rocks bush... it’s like three-D chess with variable rules changing by the move according to one player!

Nicholas002

If what you are saying is true, it is a bug, and you should open a support ticket in the game.

However, I highly doubt it. you probably just have to learn what the different terrain does to different units, like has been said.