• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder

• Thread starter DeletedUser31198
  • Start date

Emberguard

Plunderers can only take once every 24 hours. Use that to your advantage. You get the same output using two lots of 8hr productions then you would with one 24 hr production. So if you absolutely can't get to your productions in time split up the productions to smaller lots more often.

Also plunderers can't touch:
(1) motivated buildings
(2) Great Buildings!
(3) All Ages buildings
(4) unfinished productions

[edit before posting]
Looking up your city congratulations on reaching Progressive era :D And yes, unfortunately that tends to be one of the ages a city is at its most likely to be attacked

Ok so your main problem isn't plundering, it's your layout. Fix your layout and it won't matter so much if you get plundered because you'll be able to place more stuff. You don't have room because of how your roads are coming off the town hall and you've mostly got just houses. You'd also be best off keeping the expansions in a square shape so it remains a relevant shape as you age up and the building sizes change.

* Decorations can be eliminated unless you particularly want them to just decorate.
* Please upgrade your buildings. You've got a church from LMA. That's what, 4 ages down? Each [tech tree] building at best is only good for one age above it before you're losing more by keeping it then replacing.
* Your roads also need updating. You've got bits from stone right through to progressive.
* Set pieces should be kept together not separated

Using a third party app called city planner here's what I'd do with your city. It's not exactly the best layout, but it would almost double your space allowing you to up your production so when you are plundered it won't effect you nearly as much:

unknown.png

unknown.png

These are the buildings I'd delete:
unknown.png

DeletedUser40061

ive never had the displeasure of being plundered -hearing a lot of horror stories about this. let us hope i never get plundered, but thats a tall order to fulfill..some way or another, i will be a victim. i too dont want to be a plundering victim. but cant help it. iam part of a guild and hopefully i can have some help if i suspect an attack in brewing. put so much time and effort in my dilapidated city. once iam plundered i will walk away me thinks. iam one of those people too easy to giveup..sometimes, a situation would call upon me to stand up and fight..but we shall see what the near future will hold for me.

barra370804

Plundering is great! go out on the battlefield, threaten to plunder people if they don't give FPs to your GB, ESTABLISH DOMINANCE!

DeletedUser3789

This game is based around building an empire. Part of building an empire means making some enemies and taking what you need.
It's a core function of the game. PvP is a large part of why a lot of people play the game.
My guild has gotten more than a few members because they noticed that they were getting plundered, and they figured we must have at least some idea of how to play the game well.
The Tavern has a shield available, as well as defense bonuses. When I first started, and for a long while, the tavern was not even in the game.
Stop complaining about a function in the game just because you get upset and don't like being attacked.

DeletedUser40061

iam deliberatly avoiding unlocking military tactics (unlock PvP tourney) in research map. iam not too keen on getting that yet.

DeletedUser40495

Dear all,

Plunder is a menace to the progression. It's not fare that our neighbors can plunder us every single day, special our factories. This must be contained, or a chance must be given to us when we don't have a strong army comparing to the plunders. I can give you some ideas to prevent or at least limit this invasion: only possible to plunge once a week the same factory buiding, or create a bost against plunging. Or not be possible to plunge factories. Or if a gambler is aided by someone he cannot plunge him.

Plunder affects all of us. some of our neighbors understand but other are impossible.

Thanks, have a nice game and a great day.
Mari
Stop getting pissed when people play better than you. Get a good city defense. Period.

Jern2017

iam deliberatly avoiding unlocking military tactics (unlock PvP tourney) in research map. iam not too keen on getting that yet.

In my Diamond farm world I've been in the Iron Age for almost a year. I've unlocked PVP so I can complete daily challenges that require me to defeat units or win battles. Even though I occasionally attack (and plunder, if there's any stuff laying around) I seldom get attacked. There was only one time when I was neighbors with a hardcore PVP-er.

I wouldn't be concerned if I were you.