• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plundering

• Thread starter DeletedUser40239
  • Start date

DeletedUser40239

A player keeps attacking me when I tried to be nice. I asked her to stop plundering me but she does it even more. I have to babysit my goods now and pretty ticked off! I think you should change the fact that you can be plundered 24 hours after they attack you. I understand this is a part of PVP but I don't feel that people should be able to harass because they have a low freakin self esteem and want to hate on people! This is total BS!! You need to reconsider how players are treated by other players who have an attitude because of their inadequacies. Dirtbags shouldn't be able to harass other players. This game is supposed to be for fun not an opportunity for internet tolls to get off!!

DeletedUser40239

I can tell you're a millennial little brat! No, i'm not going to suck it up! And i'm not going to quit. Why don't you give helpful advice instead of putting someone down. Oh, I know you're offended at what I just said. Oh sorry, you one of those that feels inadequate about themselves. Well troll if you have nothing constructive to say then shut up!!!

The fact that your favorite thing to do is plunder tells me a lot about your character, LMAO!! Players put money into this game so I'm not going to just quit troll. If you don't like what I have to say, you quit!!! People have different opinions so you suck it up!!

As I stated, I understand that attacking and plundering is a part of the game but IT SHOULDN'T"T BE USED TO HARASS other players!!

You can respond and i'm sure you will, but I stand by what I believe and again if you don't like it, go kick rocks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Mole

Wow, that's some chip you've got there.
How about trying to find a better way to stop this injustice and not whining quite so much?

DeletedUser40239

WOW! I'm not whining, just stated my opinion earlier because I was told by support to put a proposal out there in what ways the game should be changed. I don't understand why everyone is being so negative towards me. I have done absolutely nothing towards any of you. Yes I know there are winners and losers and I have lost many times without complaint, however some people like to harass which I don't appreciate. So does anyone have anything constructive to say or is it going to be just a bunch of put downs? How about helping out if your such great players. If you guys are well known members then help like your well known members!! I don't have a chip. Read my very first post. I didn't mention players names or attack anyone personally. I am simply asking for help or if anyone has any advice. Again MILLENNIAL LITTLE BRATS!!!!

DeletedUser40239

Ok, well I won't be coming back to this forum. Anyway, I will not be reading any further posts. It's completely useless. Respond but I will not be reading. Thanks for all your help and well KARMA!!!

Peace out!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25795

Plundering has been discussed many many times for many many years. It is also on the do not propose list.

1. You can either wait 2 weeks for a neighbourhood reshuffle (except during hood events) and hope they do not appear in your new hood.
2. Collect on time (best defence in game). Also try changing collection times.
3. Build up you defence (hard as the AI is terrible and attackers always have the advantage, and don't get me started on the new GB {no spoilers here}).
4. Try and complete the story line and get some troops from an age or two higher than your current age.
5. Slow down on ageing up and work on your GB's (i.e.attack GB's so you can plunder them back).
6. Set traps for them like a 5 minute production and hope they take that.
7. If you asked them once to stop DO NOT keep mailing them or they will know they are getting to you and will make it their mission in life to harass you.
8. Find your guildies in your hood and get them to plunder them.
9. Find their guildies in your hood and you plunder them.

Emberguard

@Concordia456 in the odd chance you come back, I hope you are enjoying your game a bit more by now

And i'm not going to quit
Awesome :D Hi-Five!

I asked her to stop plundering me but she does it even more.[...] but I don't feel that people should be able to harass
If this was chess and you asked me not to take your pieces would you call it harassment if I still took your queen? Or would you say I'm just playing the game?

Please try not to take plundering personally. This is as much a game of war as it is a city builder. Once per 24 hrs is a pretty generous defence in itself

Supposing it wasn't 24 hrs. How much (or little) would you find acceptable and /not/ harassment? Keeping in mind what you're asking them is to not utilise the tools available to them. They're not obligated to play with one hand tied behind their back just because you requested them to play handicapped from their maximum capacity.

I am simply asking for help or if anyone has any advice.
Cool. Reacting to anything said to you or acting out in frustration is more likely to get reaction from others then it is to get anything else. I apologise that its not going as smoothly as you wanted and ask that you try to have a little patience.

Ok, where to start?

First thing, try not to be attached to your stuff. There are so many games out there where you could lose everything and have to start again from scratch. FoE is such that as a defender even if you lose you haven't lost much and you can control how much you end up losing.

Plunderers can't take the following
(1) Motivated buildings
(2) All Age buildings
(3) Great Buildings
(4) Unfinished productions

If you can use the above criteria to outsmart your opponents. Aid all your friends regularly, dump the friends that aren't aiding back and get more friends that do. Get event buildings that require aiding. The bigger [event] buildings are preferable to the smaller ones as the further in the game you go the more stuff you'll have that'll need motivation

If you know you're going to be taken from and can't prevent it outright put more stuff out to be taken. Use sets or small event production buildings like the sunken treasure and winter sleigh to distract from your other things. Overwhelm your plunderers with so much production that no matter what happens you've still got more then you're currently getting

Change your productions from 24 hr to 8 hr. It'll give the same output for you (8hr x2 = 24hr x1) but only lose half if taken.

Last edited:

DeletedUser30900

I will dig this up 2 weeks later and see if his city disconnected already. He sounds nothing but a quitter to me

DeletedUser36624

I don't understand why everyone is being so negative towards me. I have done absolutely nothing towards any of you.
Gosh, I must have imagined all those insults you tossed at people just playing the game as it was designed.

I'm sure stamping your feet and whining, "Stop harrassing me!" would have worked on the Barbary Pirates.

Graviton

I don't understand why everyone is being so negative towards me. I have done absolutely nothing towards any of you.

You complained about being plundered (plundered, harrassed, whatever). That's chum in the forum waters.

Again MILLENNIAL LITTLE BRATS!!!!

I'm betting many of us are older than you are, or at least contemporaries. Note my forgoing of all caps and multiple exclamation points as one indication.

There are ways to at least reduce your chances of being plundered; collecting on time ("babysitting my goods") is the most effective. That's the only thing that works 100% of the time.

Welcome to the forums. I suggest you avail yourself of its collected wisdom. One thing you'll notice is that hardcore plunderers won't stop plundering just because you ask nicely. In fact, as you've experienced, it just gets them wound up.

DeletedUser40350

A player keeps attacking me when I tried to be nice. I asked her to stop plundering me but she does it even more. I have to babysit my goods now and pretty ticked off! I think you should change the fact that you can be plundered 24 hours after they attack you. I understand this is a part of PVP but I don't feel that people should be able to harass because they have a low freakin self esteem and want to hate on people! This is total BS!! You need to reconsider how players are treated by other players who have an attitude because of their inadequacies. Dirtbags shouldn't be able to harass other players. This game is supposed to be for fun not an opportunity for internet tolls to get off!!

The reason that the 24 hour thing won't be changed, is because many people have buildings that only become available every 24 hours. So everyone that successfully defeats someones city defense, needs to have at least 1 shot at plundering anything in someones city. That's perfectly fair. While I can understand that getting plundered can be frustrating, building up a stronger city defense or collecting on time will help prevent this from happening.

Houston Don

Gosh, I must have imagined all those insults you tossed at people just playing the game as it was designed.

I'm sure stamping your feet and whining, "Stop harrassing me!" would have worked on the Barbary Pirates.
Given her comments, it seems very likely that she sends nasty messages to those who attack/plunder her, at very least using a passive aggressive writing style that encourages her tormentors to come back time and again. In L world, the number of people that plunder (in my experience at least) is very low and hardly worth worrying about if you harvest reasonably on time. Granted, her city is really low end and probably attracts those looking for an ATM but there's lots of good advice in the thread to follow that should help.

DreadfulCadillac

WOW! I'm not whining, just stated my opinion earlier because I was told by support to put a proposal out there in what ways the game should be changed. I don't understand why everyone is being so negative towards me. I have done absolutely nothing towards any of you. Yes I know there are winners and losers and I have lost many times without complaint, however some people like to harass which I don't appreciate. So does anyone have anything constructive to say or is it going to be just a bunch of put downs? How about helping out if your such great players. If you guys are well known members then help like your well known members!! I don't have a chip. Read my very first post. I didn't mention players names or attack anyone personally. I am simply asking for help or if anyone has any advice. Again MILLENNIAL LITTLE BRATS!!!!
ok so you know i was born after the millenial generation so u cant call me one..
here i go:
somtimes ill plunder my hood every day...its not that im trying to harrass people, its thsat im taking advantage of a amazing game feature..
1:somthing to help prevent you from getting plundered is to send the plunder a friend request(alot will accept , i dont) 2:message them, NICLEY, not nice messages make us focus u out to purposly attack you and plunder you daily.and talk to them, and then send them a friend request.
3.: build a better defense army!
4.:i hope that helps:)
DreadfulCadillac

Terror.

Suck it up and keep going or just quit
Have you tried assigning units to defend your city, otherwise you would only have two spearthrowers defending you. Also there are quests that require you to plunder others, so dont take it personal, put up a zeus or other gb that gives attack and defense bonuses, that usually makes plunderers think twice before attacking.