• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Polynesia & Enhanced Cultural Settlements Feedback

Darkest.Knight

I did all of the settlements as early as possible and left them in place since. It will be nice to improve them all and not have to remove the buildings, lol, I've grown attached to them.

Xenosaur

Sounds great - really appreciate the review, and upward adjustment you've made. Thank you ;)

I wanted to politely inquire about 1 thing - I don't see any changes or even a reference to all the timed prizes that could be won in each settlement venue, for example in Japan, I don't see the DOJO buildings referenced (or addressed...for a new value proposition) at all. Can I infer from that it's not by mistake, and that you're leaving out the timed achievement rewards from "betterment".

I'm sure you've internally discussed this, but don't you think that it sends a signal to the player community that the timed rewards are no longer considered viable since you've chosen to have them retain "old valuations" going forward?

Is that what you want us to take away - essentially - take as long as you like to play settlements now, without the extra incentive to "do it quickly" for extra rewards?

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Sounds great - really appreciate the review, and upward adjustment you've made. Thank you ;)

I wanted to politely inquire about 1 thing - I don't see any changes or even a reference to all the timed prizes that could be won in each settlement venue, for example in Japan, I don't see the DOJO buildings referenced (or addressed...for a new value proposition) at all. Can I infer from that it's not by mistake, and that you're leaving out the timed achievement rewards from "betterment".

I'm sure you've internally discussed this, but don't you think that it sends a signal to the player community that the timed rewards are no longer considered viable since you've chosen to have them retain "old valuations" going forward?

Is that what you want us to take away - essentially - take as long as you like to play settlements now, without the extra incentive to "do it quickly" for extra rewards?
You are entitled to your opinion but yours feels like "give a mouse a cookie and he'll ask for a glass of milk".

Xenosaur

You are entitled to your opinion but yours feels like "give a mouse a cookie and he'll ask for a glass of milk".
Honestly - not at all. You must have quickly glossed over the bolded first, heartfelt sentence...

All I have is Japan Temple, and yes 3 Dojo's. I put the Dojo's in storage a while ago, as they became weakened by the game inflation, but they represent hard work to get them, and I just don't trash buildings I"ve worked hard to earn.

Anyway - it's an just inquiry, and information about those accomplishments (time rewards) is just conspicuously absent, and not a word to explain it. Seriously...

xivarmy

Well as a new player the extra incentive to do it quickly is simply there's so many settlement runs to get through - and you probably now want them all. If we say 10 days a run average across all settlements, that's ~610 days. You don't think you'd be motivated to let it finish faster than that or prevent it from taking that long?

Ebeondi Asi

Also some in Guilds say they tossed them. Can they again do the settlement to get the buildings again? Used to be if you tossed them you were totally out of luck getting a replacement if you waited too long?

xivarmy

Also some in Guilds say they tossed them. Can they again do the settlement to get the buildings again? Used to be if you tossed them you were totally out of luck getting a replacement if you waited too long?
I've never heard of an expiry on settlement main prize return (though requesting it repeatedly I could see being an issue). They can simply check that you have finished the settlement and no longer have the building to verify that they're able to return it. Particularly since they're getting massively buffed, I expect they'll get a *ton* of those tickets.

Pericles the Lion

I didn't toss mine out but I think that INNO should consider letting players that did to start over.

Godly Luke

This definitely has revitalized the appeal for the cultural settlements in my eyes. Viking and Japan look especially promising with their high forge point and goods production respectively. As for finishing the settlements quickly for the timed rewards, perhaps these buildings could provide a medium amount of fragments for an especially sought after consumable? I know there is some anti-fragment sentiment, I rather like them, but would like to gauge other's thoughts for potential timed rewards, as I'm sure there are better possible rewards.