• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Potential Diamond/RQ Farm Layout

DeletedUser33297

It would take approximately 2-3 months to get to HMA and have the ability to farm RQ's and do GE lvl 3.
I think 6 months is a conservative estimate in regards to a "fully operational" city that I want to have.
I'll keep ya'll posted on how long it actually takes.
I believe that to be a reasonable figure. I have played 6 months and could have been in HMA 2 months ago. I have completed all 64 encounters every week since I joined my guild. Good luck @braeden12323

DeletedUser26965

if I have the Traz and fighting GB's at the appropriate levels, why would it still be in development? At least in regards to fighting GE.

My reasoning is I want to have the ability to do RQ's for FP, Goods, and a little bit of Medals, but I don't want to have a dedicated RQ farm (too much clicking). WW's are the most effective way of farming diamonds, I don't disagree with that, but diamonds from WW's are not the focus of this particular layout, diamonds from GE are.

I don't mean to come off as rude if I do, I appreciate any and all feedback

oh, not at all, your too much clicking acknowledgement allows all the rudeness you can muster we should fix that by eliminating abort quest but I digress ;)

I guess now I'm even more confused. If you have all the GB's leveled enough to fight GE then why negotiate it? And if the goal is to farm diamonds wouldn't the best way to go about it be to have nothing but FoY's by your own acknowledgement of them being the most effective?

nnnnnnnnnn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31498

Yeah this city is the definition of overkill. I just don't see the need for the majority of it. Why go to HMA and RQ there instead of just staying in Iron Age? The GE is massively easier for a given Attack bonus. Level 29 or 80 Arc for a diamond farm seems insane. Level 5 Obs is more realistic...you're just never going to get a return on your Arc investment. The layout (minus the WWs) seems like an idealized MAIN world, I just don't get it. In all the room of your RQs, just level your IT and build some good old fashioned goods buildings, right?

Also, more general point. For a diamond world, seems like sprinting through C-Map is the way to go? That way you get way better troops to dominate with?

DeletedUser31440

Yeah this city is the definition of overkill. I just don't see the need for the majority of it. Why go to HMA and RQ there instead of just staying in Iron Age? The GE is massively easier for a given Attack bonus. Level 29 or 80 Arc for a diamond farm seems insane. Level 5 Obs is more realistic...you're just never going to get a return on your Arc investment. The layout (minus the WWs) seems like an idealized MAIN world, I just don't get it. In all the room of your RQs, just level your IT and build some good old fashioned goods buildings, right?

Also, more general point. For a diamond world, seems like sprinting through C-Map is the way to go? That way you get way better troops to dominate with?

I don't think you can get any higher aged troops when in IA or HMA. I think Arc could work with a diamond farm, but I would have it be the last GB to build after everything else is setup to the point of finishing GE each week, at that point Arc is the most effective GB for increasing city space through medal expansions. That being said I still wouldn't bother with an Arc for a diamond farm as it takes too much time to get it rolling and diamond farms, imho, should self level for time sake. Either way though the diamond farm that @braeden12323 is building here is a one off and while it could be duplicated, wouldn't be efficient to play on multiple worlds.

I think the fastest way to get a diamond farm up and running would be to start in BA, RQ the helmets for a few weeks while self leveling Zeus and saving inventory fp's from the RQ's. Find a guild with a couple people that have level 80 Arcs get them to take spots on Zeus cutting down the cost. Once Zeus is at 10 move into IA, buy goods for Traz and put that down and level up to 3 to start, that should get you fighting through GE 3 with autobattle and rogues staying at about the same amount each week. Build a CoA at that point and maybe have 4-6 goods buildings and just enough housing to have those buildings, negotiate through GE4 each week. As you win FoY's put them down and when you get to a balance in goods from FoY's and the amount you're using to negotiate GE 4 each week drop the goods buildings and fill in with FoY's and WW's. From there it's just a matter of getting CoA up to 10 and Traz up to 10, that should give you the ability to autobattle through GE 4 each week and absorb the rogue losses. At that point you're up and running GE wise with a city that only has a Zeus, CoA and Traz. From there it's your decision on how to progress further or just stay at that point and enjoy the diamonds.

DeletedUser31498

I don't think you can get any higher aged troops when in IA or HMA. I think Arc could work with a diamond farm, but I would have it be the last GB to build after everything else is setup to the point of finishing GE each week, at that point Arc is the most effective GB for increasing city space through medal expansions. That being said I still wouldn't bother with an Arc for a diamond farm as it takes too much time to get it rolling and diamond farms, imho, should self level for time sake. Either way though the diamond farm that @braeden12323 is building here is a one off and while it could be duplicated, wouldn't be efficient to play on multiple worlds.

I think the fastest way to get a diamond farm up and running would be to start in BA, RQ the helmets for a few weeks while self leveling Zeus and saving inventory fp's from the RQ's. Find a guild with a couple people that have level 80 Arcs get them to take spots on Zeus cutting down the cost. Once Zeus is at 10 move into IA, buy goods for Traz and put that down and level up to 3 to start, that should get you fighting through GE 3 with autobattle and rogues staying at about the same amount each week. Build a CoA at that point and maybe have 4-6 goods buildings and just enough housing to have those buildings, negotiate through GE4 each week. As you win FoY's put them down and when you get to a balance in goods from FoY's and the amount you're using to negotiate GE 4 each week drop the goods buildings and fill in with FoY's and WW's. From there it's just a matter of getting CoA up to 10 and Traz up to 10, that should give you the ability to autobattle through GE 4 each week and absorb the rogue losses. At that point you're up and running GE wise with a city that only has a Zeus, CoA and Traz. From there it's your decision on how to progress further or just stay at that point and enjoy the diamonds.

Advancing to EMA on the C-Map wouldn't get me higher aged troops? I would need to advance to that age and do some quests you mean?

DeletedUser31440

Advancing to EMA on the C-Map wouldn't get me higher aged troops? I would need to advance to that age and do some quests you mean?

I believe that you get a story line lock in IA before you can get to any of the story line quests related to EMA C-Map that give out troops. I think I remember a post somewhere talking about the ages where it is possible to get higher aged troops from the C-Map, I'll try and dig it up.

Edit: Searched for a decent bit of time, but I can't dig it up.

DeletedUser13736

Either way though the diamond farm that @braeden12323 is building here is a one off and while it could be duplicated, wouldn't be efficient to play on multiple worlds.
Yes, exactly. I did not explain the point of this city as well as I should have. I am not trying to have the most efficient diamond farm, the layout I am pursuing will be time-intensive and most likely hard to finish. It's more of a challenge to me as to whether or not I can do it.

As far as negotiating in GE as opposed to fighting, I plan to have the ability to fight all the way through, but having a "plan b" is always a good strategy.

So in conclusion, this city may be
the definition of overkill.
;) but that is sorta why I want to build it.

DeletedUser29218

I still don't understand the goal you are trying to acomplish.
If you want a city that reliably does GE4, any good city can do it. And you shouldn't have any WWs.
If you want a diamond farm city, you should try to minimise clicks (as it has been said). Get WWs, stay in iron age, don't do any RQs, etc.

It seems like you are trying to carry 2 bags at the same time, but they are too heavy and you go at 33% speed. It would be better to carry one bag at a time and go 3 times as fast.

Edit:
It would take approximately 2-3 months to get to HMA and have the ability to farm RQ's and do GE lvl 3.
I think 6 months is a conservative estimate in regards to a "fully operational" city that I want to have.
I'll keep ya'll posted on how long it actually takes.

I don't remember well how long it took me, but 2-3 months to farm GE 3 in HMA, if you are doing RQs, seems extremely overconservative.

DeletedUser31498

Yes, exactly. I did not explain the point of this city as well as I should have. I am not trying to have the most efficient diamond farm, the layout I am pursuing will be time-intensive and most likely hard to finish. It's more of a challenge to me as to whether or not I can do it.

As far as negotiating in GE as opposed to fighting, I plan to have the ability to fight all the way through, but having a "plan b" is always a good strategy.

So in conclusion, this city may be ;) but that is sorta why I want to build it.

I guess I'm still confused though. To me, this is a city with many different states that needs to evolve. In no particular order:

1) Leaving your alchemists up I don't understand. You won't need goods at all once you get your attack GBs up and traz rolling

2) Once you've levelled your GBs and have infinite medals, why have an Arc?

Idk several more similar questions, but is that layout your "end goal" before I continue?

DeletedUser29726

Adding in another voice to the 'if you're planning to diamond farm' perspective...

1) wishing wells/FoYs/GBs can provide enough goods to GE4 eventually in any age up to PE - no need for RQs. The biggest issue i find with negotiating GE4 on a diamond mine is the tavern work required to develop a decent tavern and keep enough friends happy to sit in it :p
2) doing GE4 every week is doable from the first week you're on a server using goods buildings and trading - RQs take more setup and more continued work
3) fighting GE is more work than negotiating GE unless you can auto. being able to auto 2.5 difficulties isn't hard. being able to auto 4 may require serious work. Your best chance at it in an early age is probably iron age not HMA (i've been able to auto about 3.5 difficulties some weeks in my permanent iron age city using drummers+rogues - maybe more if i had a higher traz to cover the rogue losses or worked up my boost buildings a bunch - some day i'll get there, i'm not in a rush).
4) if you are going to do a lot of RQ development work to setup this city then iron age is the best RQ age anyways for extreme development because of 15 FP RQ and the most easily sustained UBQ. Neither of which takes significant space - you can spend the space either on direct FP generation if your goal is to develop faster or wells/FoYs if your goal is to diamond mine. The idea with rushing alchemists for RQs is simply that they don't require much of anything to get going.

Woody*

1. Why the Hagia, especially if only at level 1? I recommend skipping it.
  2. There are too many roads connecting your GBs for max efficiency. If you shared the city, I could try to place them differently
  3. I think The Arc is superfluous in this setup, probably SMB too. Without a lot of houses and/or SoKs, an SMB really loses it's power.
  4. I realize this is a hybrid diamond farm/RQ setup, but I echo the sentiment by others...you would earn more diamonds per hour played if you forego the RQs and focus on GE4 at the lowest possible age. You could have 2 diamond farms that generate more diamonds than 1 town that you do RQs in (that only generate diamonds once per repeatable quest per age).

DeletedUser13736

I have decided that it would be best to stick to a lower age, I have planned out a city that may work, but I'll take @Claire the Divergent up on her offer before I post it.
I want to thank any and all that have responded to this post so far.