• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Preset Style Arc Swap Group Guide

DeletedUser32824

Hey Amiar - thanks a ton for your guide, it helped 4 of us get from lvl 6 to level 20 - awesome!.

Now I'm invoking Arc80 support. Since we don't have arc80 in our guild, I am asking friends to support and would give them a 10% profit. What's the easiest way to give Arc80 a 10% profit and ensurig their spot is locked?

For example: Let's say we go from lvl 20->lvl 21 (1st place reward is 270fP and total FP needed for this level is 1273) and I have an Arc80 friend with 1.9x Arc bonus. He would need to put in 486 (=270 x 1.8) and will receive 513 reward (280 x 1.9), right? If he puts in 486FP (total FP on the arc is then 486/1273) and his investment is at risk of being sniped by someone with an even higher arc...

How do I prevent this?

One way I can think of is to
a) coordinate time of being online at same time
b) owner then puts in 151 FP (just enough so Arc 80 can lock in 1st)
c) Arc80 then puts in 486 (there are now 637FP total, more than half of 1273 so 1st is secure).
d) repeat for spot 2..

This feels very cumbersome, especially having to coordinate this with 6 ppl (4 in swap group + 2 Arc80s).

What's the easiest way to give Arc80 a 10% profit and ensurig their spot is locked?
I'm sorry that I'm just now seeing this! Basically you need enough FP on the arc to lock out a 3rd party (someone not in your swap group) from sniping 1st or 2nd. So swap partner A might have 100 on third and partner B might have 80 on 4th. Then the arc is locked for the 1.9 to take 1st and 2nd. The caveat is that swap partner A would be able to snipe the 1.9 if they put enough FP on the Arc. That's where trust comes in. If the arc 80 knows that person A and B won't snipe spots 1 and 2 then their contribution is safe.

DeletedUser40036

Arc 10-20 -- With a group of 5 people what would the preset FP number be for positions 2,3,4? How would you adjust numbers from your guide?

DeletedUser40036

can anyone help me with setting up the preset FP numbers when you add a 4th position?

DeletedUser38435

I'd like some explanation of the spreadsheet please. Definition of columns and a Key for colors would be great!

Actually, I have been jumping back and forth between it and this intending to ask about specific columns but I'd end up asking for most anyway, even on those that I think I know but want to be sure. I don't want to be responsible for this and not understand the spreadsheet completely.

DeletedUser39526

I setup Swap Teams in the same way as Amiar, but with a difference. I use a ratio of FPs donated to FPs rewarded as the primary math component and the donations made by the team members are governed by this. As an active sniper, my sniper brain is always thinking of the FP I spend comparative to the rewards I will get back no matter what the snipe is going for, and it made perfect sense to me to construct a Swap Team around this idea. The donations each member of the team makes to the others is kept at the same ratio as close as possible per GB being leveled, regardless of what it is or what level it is. I find the sweet spot that allows 1st to 3rd to be gotten by the team at the same ratio and have enough left for outsiders to get 4th and 5th. Repeat this for all GBs in the team and then tweak as needed to bring all the members into as close to the same ratio overall as possible. In so doing, I shift off of the FP for FP model to a return based model, and this allows for a far greater degree of control and flexibility over the process I find, allows you to work any mix of GBs and levels, accommodate players with less FP to bring to the table, and work in a round of leveling that can include doing lower level GBs multiple times in the span of doing the higher level ones once. Once a round is over, it is over, and players can leave the team, bring in new players, shift GBs, etc, and over time you can balance the return ratio quite well and keep the members extremely close to parity not only in terms of the returns ratio but medals and BPs as well. It takes a bit more work and effort to setup each round, but I find it works very well and is generally viewed as very fair too. No matter how much or how little you donate overall in a round, the return ratio is essentially the same and the GBs get leveled. Just my wacky way of doing it.

DeletedUser39526

I setup Swap Teams in the same way as Amiar, but with a difference. I use a ratio of FPs donated to FPs rewarded as the primary math component and the donations made by the team members are governed by this. As an active sniper, my sniper brain is always thinking of the FP I spend comparative to the rewards I will get back no matter what the snipe is going for, and it made perfect sense to me to construct a Swap Team around this idea. The donations each member of the team makes to the others is kept at the same ratio as close as possible per GB being leveled, regardless of what it is or what level it is. I find the sweet spot that allows 1st to 3rd to be gotten by the team at the same ratio and have enough left for outsiders to get 4th and 5th. Repeat this for all GBs in the team and then tweak as needed to bring all the members into as close to the same ratio overall as possible. In so doing, I shift off of the FP for FP model to a return based model, and this allows for a far greater degree of control and flexibility over the process I find, allows you to work any mix of GBs and levels, accommodate players with less FP to bring to the table, and work in a round of leveling that can include doing lower level GBs multiple times in the span of doing the higher level ones once. Once a round is over, it is over, and players can leave the team, bring in new players, shift GBs, etc, and over time you can balance the return ratio quite well and keep the members extremely close to parity not only in terms of the returns ratio but medals and BPs as well. It takes a bit more work and effort to setup each round, but I find it works very well and is generally viewed as very fair too. No matter how much or how little you donate overall in a round, the return ratio is essentially the same and the GBs get leveled. Just my wacky way of doing it.
I should also note that I calculate any Arc bonuses for a team member into the rewards to keep the return ratio accurate.

VFFL on Rocky Top

Your detailed explanation is great for someone who can understand it. I have hear of swap groups for the Arc and been advised to set one up. but it appears to be for someone at a Much Higher level than I am. My Arc is at level 8, and no one much ever puts FPs on it. I am in a very small guild and only one other member has the Arc. I just moved into PME. Your detailed explanation of setting up the swap group sounds like it is for players at much higher levels . I guess it is not for me at this time. Maybe someday. I just need to find a way to get more "friends" to donate FPs to it.

DreadfulCadillac

Your detailed explanation is great for someone who can understand it. I have hear of swap groups for the Arc and been advised to set one up. but it appears to be for someone at a Much Higher level than I am. My Arc is at level 8, and no one much ever puts FPs on it. I am in a very small guild and only one other member has the Arc. I just moved into PME. Your detailed explanation of setting up the swap group sounds like it is for players at much higher levels . I guess it is not for me at this time. Maybe someday. I just need to find a way to get more "friends" to donate FPs to it.
you need to get udelf a better guild bud

DeletedUser29623

I have to agree. It's easy to get attached to a small, friendly guild of people who are learning the game with you, but they will hold you back. A bigger guild with more advanced players who will help you grow your Arc is the only way to do it.

DeletedUser39526

The way I do the Swap Teams the size of the guild and the level of the Arcs or any GBs is irrelevant. All that is required is a group of 4 or more players. I have setup mixed teams of 4 to 6 players, very low level Arcs and other GBs in the team and they work great. All the team needs to do is donate at roughly the same pace and it works just fine. As the team progresses level by level, the non Arc members will get Arc Bps and be able to build them, and so you can seed the group and before you know it you have an all Arc team. The key is understanding that the team donation calculations are based on the ROI (return on investment) ratio and not a straight 1:1 FP swap method. This makes all the difference and allows the approach to work with any mix of GBs at various levels and various levels of players advancement and FP income. So long as the team calculations are built around the ratio of FP donated to FP rewarded, and that is kept as close to the same as possible for all team members, it works. When you have say 3 level 8 GBs and a level 2 GB in the team, not an issue. You can do the level 2 GB maybe 3 times in the time and cost it takes to do the level 8s once, so you do that. It takes a bit more upfront work in the setup of a round, and the team members do some donation "pivoting" we call it as the round goes along, but it works and in doing this you quickly bring the lower level GBs more in line with the higher ones on a cost per level basis, and the later rounds are easier to setup and have less pivoting involved. I am happy to help anyone who wants to learn my system, it is not rocket science, and if you can understand it and do the setup of a round it works. My original team is now entering its 2nd year and I have 3 others nearing that mark. I have also had 4 more running in the guild at varying times and more to come, so I can tell you it works.

DeletedUser38738

The way I do the Swap Teams the size of the guild and the level of the Arcs or any GBs is irrelevant. All that is required is a group of 4 or more players. I have setup mixed teams of 4 to 6 players, very low level Arcs and other GBs in the team and they work great. All the team needs to do is donate at roughly the same pace and it works just fine. As the team progresses level by level, the non Arc members will get Arc Bps and be able to build them, and so you can seed the group and before you know it you have an all Arc team. The key is understanding that the team donation calculations are based on the ROI (return on investment) ratio and not a straight 1:1 FP swap method. This makes all the difference and allows the approach to work with any mix of GBs at various levels and various levels of players advancement and FP income. So long as the team calculations are built around the ratio of FP donated to FP rewarded, and that is kept as close to the same as possible for all team members, it works. When you have say 3 level 8 GBs and a level 2 GB in the team, not an issue. You can do the level 2 GB maybe 3 times in the time and cost it takes to do the level 8s once, so you do that. It takes a bit more upfront work in the setup of a round, and the team members do some donation "pivoting" we call it as the round goes along, but it works and in doing this you quickly bring the lower level GBs more in line with the higher ones on a cost per level basis, and the later rounds are easier to setup and have less pivoting involved. I am happy to help anyone who wants to learn my system, it is not rocket science, and if you can understand it and do the setup of a round it works. My original team is now entering its 2nd year and I have 3 others nearing that mark. I have also had 4 more running in the guild at varying times and more to come, so I can tell you it works.
Id be interested in finding out more about how you organize this , showpro

DeletedUser39526

Id be interested in finding out more about how you organize this , showpro
Hey Sniperdude. I use an Exel spreadsheet to do my setups and track the team. I would use Apple Numbers but Exel is more acceptable to more people. If you would like, I can post one of the exel spreadsheets for reference. It is pretty easy to follow but some of it may be hard to understand because I do things for me that may not be all that obvious. One side of the spreadsheet is where I do the team setup, and the other side is where I track it round to round so I can always see the overall ROI parity and balance and make adjustments in subsequent rounds to compensate for deviations. The round setup is the time consuming part and may seem daunting as I describe it, but after you do it a few times you get a feel for it. In a 4 person team each member selects a GB of theirs to use in the round. They can change this round to round if they like or keep the same one. I will make a spreadsheet section that has each GB along with its leveling info laid out in columns and rows and the owners name and what Arc bonus they have if any. The info includes the amount needed to level, and donations that already exist ( and we prefer there be none or very few), along with each of the 5 reward positions and what they payout for each GB. So I end up with 6 rows for each GB and 8 columns. The top row is just the owner name, amount needed to level, the level of the GB currently, any pre-existing donation amount and the Arc bonus percentage if any. This is my main reference row. The rows below correspond to the 5 reward positions, 1-5. The columns in order left to right are: Team member name who will donate for that position, the normal FP reward for the position, the FP reward with Arc bonus of the donating member (if no Arc bonus the normal number is used), the normal medal reward, the medal reward with Arc bonus, the normal BP reward, the BP rewards with Arc bonus, and the amount the member will donate for the position. The last column I color in light gray so it is easy to differentiate. Once I have this laid out, and when you do this often you can get pretty fast at doing it with copy paste, I lay out the plan for the round.
Each member is assigned a 1st place position on one of the other GBs, and each member is assigned a 2nd place and each one a 3rd place. This way the team as a whole captures all of the top 3 spots on all of the GBs in the team, and each member will get a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd. No member can donate to themselves, so you just find the pattern that works to get everyone the positions they should have. This is what I call the Targets, each member has their Target GBs and the positions they will take on them. Then I fill in the Arc Bonus FP reward column and use that number as my payout number for each of the positions. My handy desk calculator makes this easy and fast. Now I can calculate what I call the Assigns. Hence my terminology of Target Assigns in the process. The Assigns are based on the ROI (return on investment) as I use it. This is the FP donated divided by the FP rewarded (including any Arc Bonus). So a 100 FP donated with 25 rewarded is a ROI of 4.0. I do one GB at a time and find the best ROI that works for all the positions and still leaves a reasonable amount left over so others can get 4 and 5 positions without much fuss. The idea for me is to make the lower positions attractive so the GB owner will have as little as possible to self donate at the end to flip it. Finding this sweet spot takes some practice and several attempts, but as you do it more and more you get better at finding it pretty quick. I round up or down on the assigns to make them easy for the team, always making the assigns on the 10 or 5 mark. This variation off the actual ROI is easy to deal with later as I will explain. Once I have this for all the GBs and each one will have a different ROI, I grab my notepad and do some quick overall totals for the team. I list each member, the total they will be donating and the total FP they will be rewarded and what their overall ROI will be for the round. An Exel wiz could probably do this in the spreadsheet but I am old and like the analog way. If this shows a sizable difference in the ROI or total FP donated, I may have to rethink the Targets for each member to find a better balance, but I haven't had to do that for some time as I am pretty good these days at seeing the right Targets for the right members the first time but it can happen. If the balance is acceptable but the ROI is a bit further off from member to member, then I can make some adjustments by just shifting donation amounts in the Assigns from one member to another until I get them all as close as possible. They will never be exactly the same, but if I can keep them within .2 of each other then I can live with that and keep making Assign adjustments round to round to balance as I go. When I have the Target Assigns done and they are acceptable, I fill out the rest of the columns and then transfer that info to the other half of the spreadsheet for tracking. I track it all....medals, BPs, all of it so I can see and work to maintain as high a degree of parity and balance over time as I can. Then I post the new round info and off we go. I post 2 threads when I do a team, one for team communication and one for the Target Assigns as a reference thread. Of course there is more to this in a nuance sense of knowing and feeling out the right Target Assigns, and making accommodations for low level GBs that you want to levelup more than once in a round and other considerations, but that is it in a nutshell. It takes me about an hour or less now to reset a team so that is not bad I think and they all seem to work very well and the members are all quite happy with them. Hope this helps as a start.

DreadfulCadillac

Hey Sniperdude. I use an Exel spreadsheet to do my setups and track the team. I would use Apple Numbers but Exel is more acceptable to more people. If you would like, I can post one of the exel spreadsheets for reference. It is pretty easy to follow but some of it may be hard to understand because I do things for me that may not be all that obvious. One side of the spreadsheet is where I do the team setup, and the other side is where I track it round to round so I can always see the overall ROI parity and balance and make adjustments in subsequent rounds to compensate for deviations. The round setup is the time consuming part and may seem daunting as I describe it, but after you do it a few times you get a feel for it. In a 4 person team each member selects a GB of theirs to use in the round. They can change this round to round if they like or keep the same one. I will make a spreadsheet section that has each GB along with its leveling info laid out in columns and rows and the owners name and what Arc bonus they have if any. The info includes the amount needed to level, and donations that already exist ( and we prefer there be none or very few), along with each of the 5 reward positions and what they payout for each GB. So I end up with 6 rows for each GB and 8 columns. The top row is just the owner name, amount needed to level, the level of the GB currently, any pre-existing donation amount and the Arc bonus percentage if any. This is my main reference row. The rows below correspond to the 5 reward positions, 1-5. The columns in order left to right are: Team member name who will donate for that position, the normal FP reward for the position, the FP reward with Arc bonus of the donating member (if no Arc bonus the normal number is used), the normal medal reward, the medal reward with Arc bonus, the normal BP reward, the BP rewards with Arc bonus, and the amount the member will donate for the position. The last column I color in light gray so it is easy to differentiate. Once I have this laid out, and when you do this often you can get pretty fast at doing it with copy paste, I lay out the plan for the round.
Each member is assigned a 1st place position on one of the other GBs, and each member is assigned a 2nd place and each one a 3rd place. This way the team as a whole captures all of the top 3 spots on all of the GBs in the team, and each member will get a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd. No member can donate to themselves, so you just find the pattern that works to get everyone the positions they should have. This is what I call the Targets, each member has their Target GBs and the positions they will take on them. Then I fill in the Arc Bonus FP reward column and use that number as my payout number for each of the positions. My handy desk calculator makes this easy and fast. Now I can calculate what I call the Assigns. Hence my terminology of Target Assigns in the process. The Assigns are based on the ROI (return on investment) as I use it. This is the FP donated divided by the FP rewarded (including any Arc Bonus). So a 100 FP donated with 25 rewarded is a ROI of 4.0. I do one GB at a time and find the best ROI that works for all the positions and still leaves a reasonable amount left over so others can get 4 and 5 positions without much fuss. The idea for me is to make the lower positions attractive so the GB owner will have as little as possible to self donate at the end to flip it. Finding this sweet spot takes some practice and several attempts, but as you do it more and more you get better at finding it pretty quick. I round up or down on the assigns to make them easy for the team, always making the assigns on the 10 or 5 mark. This variation off the actual ROI is easy to deal with later as I will explain. Once I have this for all the GBs and each one will have a different ROI, I grab my notepad and do some quick overall totals for the team. I list each member, the total they will be donating and the total FP they will be rewarded and what their overall ROI will be for the round. An Exel wiz could probably do this in the spreadsheet but I am old and like the analog way. If this shows a sizable difference in the ROI or total FP donated, I may have to rethink the Targets for each member to find a better balance, but I haven't had to do that for some time as I am pretty good these days at seeing the right Targets for the right members the first time but it can happen. If the balance is acceptable but the ROI is a bit further off from member to member, then I can make some adjustments by just shifting donation amounts in the Assigns from one member to another until I get them all as close as possible. They will never be exactly the same, but if I can keep them within .2 of each other then I can live with that and keep making Assign adjustments round to round to balance as I go. When I have the Target Assigns done and they are acceptable, I fill out the rest of the columns and then transfer that info to the other half of the spreadsheet for tracking. I track it all....medals, BPs, all of it so I can see and work to maintain as high a degree of parity and balance over time as I can. Then I post the new round info and off we go. I post 2 threads when I do a team, one for team communication and one for the Target Assigns as a reference thread. Of course there is more to this in a nuance sense of knowing and feeling out the right Target Assigns, and making accommodations for low level GBs that you want to levelup more than once in a round and other considerations, but that is it in a nutshell. It takes me about an hour or less now to reset a team so that is not bad I think and they all seem to work very well and the members are all quite happy with them. Hope this helps as a start.
You really need to work on paragraphs and spacing...
Not trying to be mean, but lol... couldnt read what you just wrote UNLESS my life depended on it..

DeletedUser39526

You really need to work on paragraphs and spacing...
Not trying to be mean, but lol... couldnt read what you just wrote UNLESS my life depended on it..
lol.......duly noted DC....thankfully your life does not depend on it. I am new to the forums and I can see your point clearly. I will rework the composition and format and repost later for anyone who may be interested in my system. Thank you for pointing this out for me. :)

DeletedUser40195

I would love to look at your ratio based spreadsheet, showpro.

DeletedUser39526

SHOWPRO SWAP TEAM METHOD:

This method is designed using an ROI (Return on Investment) calculation rather than a 1:1 traditional swap calculation for the means of maintaining parity and fairness across the team members throughout the life of the swap. It allows for easier control, management, flexibility, adaptability and application in my experience.

The ROI is determined by dividing the amount of FP a player donates by the amount of FP the player receives in rewards, including any Arc bonus.

Example: 100 FP donated and 25 FP rewarded is a ROI of 4.00. 100 divided by 25 is 4.

The use of the ROI was arrived at after working personal 1:1 swaps with a group of other players, all of which were active Snipers like myself. We found the 1:1 swap metric to be problematic, and my Sniper mind told me the ROI was a better metric to use. It was the basis of how I valued targets for Sniping and when I examined how it could work in swaps and especially a Swap Team I was convinced it was the better way. After all, the goals we wanted for our Swap Team were consistent leveling, predictable rewards and BP access. As long as these goals were met in as fair and equitable a way as possible maintaining a strict 1:1 swap was not a concern. My fellow players agreed with my conclusions and rationale about the ROI as the basis for how we would proceed so we began our first Swap Team based upon it over a year ago and it is still going strong.

Using the ROI Method you can manage almost any mix of GBs or GB levels, almost any mix of player advancement or FP income flow, and have a swap with a well defined beginning and end point. Even with variations in the total amount of FP donated across the team in a round, each team member knows that they got essentially the same ROI as everyone else, so no single member fares better than another in this respect. The GBs get leveled, the rewards are predictable and BPs are accessed. The goals of the team are achieved and parity is maintained across the team as closely as possible.

There are players for whom a 1:1 swap is mandatory in all cases and if you, the reader, are one of these players this method is not for you. Players who are fixated on 1:1 as the basis for fairness in a swap will have problems potentially with this method as a 1:1 is never achieved dead on, and there will always be variations in the total amount of FP donated across a team no matter how closely the team manager maintains a balance on this over time. If you cannot see ROI, as I use it in the Method, as a solid measure of fairness and parity then this is not your cup of tea.
SEE NEXT POST>

DeletedUser39526

HOW TO SETUP AN ROI BASED TEAM:

We do teams of between 4 and 6 members. For this discussion I will assume a 4 member team.

At the end of this forum posting I will attach a sample spreadsheet for reference. I use Exel for my Teams since it is a very universally accessible spreadsheet app.

One side of the spreadsheet (the right side) is where I do the team setup, and the other side (the left side) is where I track it round to round so I can always see the overall ROI parity and balance and make adjustments in subsequent rounds to compensate for deviations.

STEP 1:
In a 4 person team each member selects a GB of theirs to use in the round. They can change this round to round if they like or keep the same one.

STEP 2:
I make a spreadsheet section that has each GB along with its leveling info laid out in columns and rows and the owners name and what Arc bonus they have if any. The info includes the amount needed to level, and donations that already exist (and we prefer there be none or very few), along with each of the 5 reward positions and what they payout for each GB. I end up with 6 rows for each GB and 8 columns.

The top row is just the owner name, amount needed to level, the level of the GB currently, any pre-existing donation amount and the Arc bonus percentage if any. This is my main reference row.

The rows below correspond to the 5 reward positions, 1-5. The columns in order left to right are:

1 - Team member name who will donate for that position
2 - The normal FP reward for the position
3 - The FP reward with Arc bonus of the donating member (if no Arc bonus the normal number is used, leave blank for now)
4 - The normal medal reward
5 - The medal reward with Arc bonus (same as #3 above)
6 - The normal BP reward
7 - The BP rewards with Arc bonus (same as #3 above)
8 - The amount the member will donate for the position. This column I color in light gray so it is easy to differentiate.

Once I have this laid out, and when you do this often you can get pretty fast at doing it with copy paste, I lay out the plan for the round.

STEP 3:
Each member is assigned a 1st place position on one of the other GBs, and each member is assigned a 2nd place and each one a 3rd place. This way the team as a whole captures all of the top 3 spots on all of the GBs in the team, and each member will get a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd.

EXAMPLE:

Member 1 GB - 1st is Member 2, 2nd is Member 3, 4th is Member 4
Member 2 GB - 1st is Member 3, 2nd is Member 4, 4th is Member 1
Member 3 GB - 1st is Member 4, 2nd is Member 1, 4th is Member 2
Member 4 GB - 1st is Member 1, 2nd is Member 2, 4th is Member 3

This is what I call the “Targets”, each member has their Target GBs and the positions they will take on them.

This also constitutes a “Round” for the Team. Completing all the Target donations levels all the GBs and the Round is over. You reset and go again.

STEP 4:
When the targets are set I fill in the Arc Bonus FP reward column and use that number as my payout number for each of the positions. My handy desk calculator makes this easy and fast.

STEP 5:
Now I calculate what I call the “Assigns”. Hence my terminology of “Target Assigns” in the process.

The Assigns are based on the ROI (return on investment). This is the FP donated divided by the FP rewarded (including any Arc Bonus). So a 100 FP donated with 25 rewarded is a ROI of 4.0.

I do one GB at a time and find the best ROI that works for all the positions (each GB can have a different ROI that works) and still leaves a reasonable amount left over so others can get 4 and 5 positions without much fuss. The idea for me is to make the lower positions attractive so the GB owner will have as little as possible to self donate at the end to flip it.

Finding this sweet spot for the ROI on each GB takes some practice and several attempts sometimes, but as you do it more and more you get better at finding it quickly.

I round the Assigns up or down to make them easy for the team, always making the assigns on the 10 or 5 mark. This variation off the actual ROI is easy to deal with later as I will explain.
SEE NEXT POST>

DeletedUser39526

STEP 6:
I grab my notepad and do some quick overall totals for the team. I list each member, the total they will be donating and the total FP they will be rewarded and I calculate what their overall ROI will be for the Round. An Exel wiz could probably do this in the spreadsheet but I am old and like the analog way.

If this overall tally shows a sizable difference in the ROI or total FP donated, I may have to rethink the Targets for each member to find a better balance and redo Steps 3, 4 ,and 5. I haven't had to do that for some time as I am pretty good these days at seeing the right Targets for the right members the first time but it can and will happen

If the balance is acceptable but the ROI is not as close as I might like from member to member, then I can make some adjustments by just shifting donation amounts in the Assigns from one member to another until I get them all as close as possible. Just be sure to do these donation shifts within the same Target GB or you will throw off the Assigns across the board.

The ROI from member to member will never be exactly the same, but if I can keep them within .2 of each other then I can live with that and keep making Assign adjustments round to round to further refine the balance over time.

STEP 7:
When I have the Target Assigns done and they are acceptable, I fill out the rest of the columns including Arc bonuses where applicable.

STEP 8:
Then I transfer all the Target Assign info to the other half of the spreadsheet for tracking.

I track it all....medals, BPs, all of it so I can see and work to maintain as high a degree of parity and balance over time as I can.

STEP 9:
Then I post the new round info and off we go. I post 2 threads when I do a team, one for team communication and one for the Target Assigns as a reference thread.

STEP 10:
I manage the Team as the Round progresses. There will always be disruptions from outside donors/snipers, and unforeseen situations in a round and I do my best to stay on top of the Round as it progresses and help the team to work through any mishaps.
SEE NEXT POST>

DeletedUser39526

IN CLOSING:

That is the basic Method in a nutshell. There are of course many unique situations that you can handle in this Method that would need additional clarification in another post but some of them are:

How to deal with mixed GBs with substantially different levels? You levelup the inferior GBs more than once in the round. This requires a technique we call “pivoting” in the donation process.

How do you accommodate a player with a need to keep his FP spend down for some reason? You give that member the lowest Target Assigns in the round. So long as the ROI is okay, this is not a problem. The reverse is true for a member with a high FP income comparatively.

How do you deal with outsider/sniper donations? Several ways. If you are sniped that is it, you left a window of opportunity open and you paid for it. Nothing you can do but mitigate the position loss as best you can and roll with it. Non locked outsider donations we try to spot asap, and we contact the player(s). The majority of the time a polite informative message will get a player to work with you and not against you. In the case of what we call a belligerent player, we can either act quickly to flip the GB and badly bump the belligerent or try to entice the player to keep donating to make our positions have a better ROI, or whatever the team decides it wants to do.

There are more unique situations but these 3 are the most common.

As a Team we always keep in mind the process is not a race or a competition. It is a leveling process and as such we work at a pace of donating that allows all the GBs in a round to flip at approximately the same time. Since we have no rigid rule on how much to donate daily in our teams, this is not always the case. However, we have become experienced enough with each other over time that our pacing is pretty consistent round to round.

We have found the Method very good at “seeding” BPs around the team. This is very helpful for Arcs and other exotic GBs to get those BPs in the hands of team members that are in need of them in the course of the process.

Depending on the mix of GBs in a team, you can end up in a round with one member spending more and one less than the others comparatively. This is just a result of a wide disparity of the amount to level of the GBs in the team. No way around it. So long as the ROI is in parity this is not a concern. It will balance out over time.

The Method is also very good at allowing one to give preference to a member when needed for BPs or medals. You will find this comes up from time to time, and the needs can be easily met.

In situations where a position is lost to a sniper, or due to outsider donations a member pays less for a position than the assign asked for, this is not a catastrophic event. It will happen and a team just has to roll with it. No need to think about rolling the unspent FP to another GB to make up for the loss or into the next round. A round is a complete process and when it ends it ends. No carry over, no carry forward. You simply deal with any deviations with adjustments to the Target Assigns in the next round. In this way a member of a team can choose to step out or in anytime a round ends. No problem.

There are of course many aspects of nuance and experience to using this Method and applying it well. Someone always has to be willing to do the setup and tracking work, and to manage the team as the process works. If you have smart alert team members managing is pretty easy. If you have members that are not so experienced and alert, then it can be more effort. In any case, only take on what you can manage.
SEE NEXT POST>

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39526

THE ATTACHED SPREADSHEET:

The attached Exel spreadsheet is an example of 2 of my teams. It shows one round of a Mixed GB Team and one round of an Arc Only Team where we level up a low level Arc 3 times in the round to bring it up closer to the others in terms of FP needed to level. Doing this we can use it in the team and still have a good balance, and get it up quickly so it compares well to the others and we can get back to doing one level on all the GBs per round.

Player and GB name fields are in yellow.

The Assigns are in the Gray column.

The Orange cells are my way of denoting that a donation has been completed.

The Green fields are the ROI for that round.

The Blue fields are the ROI for all rounds completed to date.

The left side is the Tracking side, the right side is the Round Setup side where I do all the Target Assign workups.

On the Multiple Arc levelings, I denote the order with A, B and C in the main reference row.

In the Tracking side you will see all the data I track, and what the ROI is and how the overall balance is going.

You will also see there are deviations in the amount donated and the target assigns at times. This happens as I said and I track it when it does so I can compensate in later rounds as needed.

I list all 5 reward positions because outsiders will cause members to get bumped from their original Targets sometimes, and I track that.

The ROI for the Arc Team is dropping round by round as the Arcs get closer to their to their Zone and that is expected of course.

I am not an Exel Wiz so please check the calculations formulas to ensure they are correct and have not gotten messed up somehow.

Most of it should be pretty self explanatory, but feel free to ask if you have a question.

Thanks and I hope this post if of value to some of you.

I apologize for piggybacking onto this older thread. If this should be in a post of its own someone please let me know and I will figure out where and how to do that properly. :)

NOTE: The Forum System will not allow me to upload an xlsx file. I will work to find a solution. Sorry for the delay.

I AM ATTACHING 2 PNG IMAGES OF THE SPREADSHEET UNTIL I FIND THE WORKAROUND.

Attachments

• ROI Exel 1.png
    ROI Exel 1.png
    318.1 KB · Views: 30
  • ROI Exel 2.png
    ROI Exel 2.png
    281.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator: