• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Problem with Guildmembers Bar

Tesla Lova

My Avatar does not accept forge points. When clicked on the" I " symbol pops up instead the home symbol. any ideas what's wrong?

Johnny B. Goode

Your Avatar does not accept forge points? What does that even mean? In fact, neither of the sentences in your post make any sense. What "I" symbol? And when you click on what? And why would the "home symbol" be better. What even is the "home symbol"?
You should have someone in your guild explain the proper game terminology so we can understand what you're referring to.

Okay, I went and looked at my Social Bar. When you hover over your own avatar there's an "i" symbol that does show up, and I think it's to indicate that if you click on your avatar the info window from your Town Hall shows up. When you hover over another player's avatar a home symbol with an up arrow below it shows up, indicating that when you click on their avatar you will go to their city. None of this has anything to do with accepting forge points, however. You click on a GB to donate forge points, not on an avatar. If you want to go through the Social Bar to donate to a GB, you would first click the GB icon to the right of the avatar to bring up a list of that player's GBs, then click on the GB you want to donate to.

Last edited:

Tesla Lova

Your Avatar does not accept forge points? What does that even mean? In fact, neither of the sentences in your post make any sense. What "I" symbol? And when you click on what? And why would the "home symbol" be better. What even is the "home symbol"?
You should have someone in your guild explain the proper game terminology so we can understand what you're referring to.

Okay, I went and looked at my Social Bar. When you hover over your own avatar there's an "i" symbol that does show up, and I think it's to indicate that if you click on your avatar the info window from your Town Hall shows up. When you hover over another player's avatar a home symbol with an up arrow below it shows up, indicating that when you click on their avatar you will go to their city. None of this has anything to do with accepting forge points, however. You click on a GB to donate forge points, not on an avatar. If you want to go through the Social Bar to donate to a GB, you would first click the GB icon to the right of the avatar to bring up a list of that player's GBs, then click on the GB you want to donate to.
What might help someone to answer your question more directly is if you include the following info in it:
1) Browser or mobile user (not sure if what type of app you use is pertinent, not being a mobile user, i.e., android vs. Mac products)
2) Which "bar" you are on, i.e., friend, guild, neighborhood. There are some very slight differences when you look at them from different menus.
3) Whether or not you are using an extension of some kind that uses a different "lingo" than Inno Games, i.e., Forge of Empires. (An example of this might be if you are using a "helper" extension, they often give you the same information you can acquire from one section or another of the game (different screens) but it's in a different toolbar and often defines the info in a different way. A recent example of this was when I was trying to explain to a player who was absolutely insistent that her AO helped her to fight upper era units (it does not) that her indicator showed charges remaining and she knew that it had used a charge when she'd just won a fight against an upper era unit. I had literally no idea what the heck she was talking about until just recently when I saw a screenshot of an extension based helper and the menu they used. It did not help that this player was in Indy fighting with Hovers. Of course her Crit Hit would have been activated had she fought anything above Indy but below FE, as I understand it - the AO will base "higher era" on the era the player is in, not the unit used (Hovers being from FE)). My point is this kind of information can literallys stymie someone if they do/never have used/seen the outlay of an extension you may use which just translates to what you've already been told on this thread by previous posters: you need to use FoE "Lingo" or no one will be able to help you unless maybe they just "guess" correctly based on their game experience.

There might be other things you could include - esp a screenshot - but the truth is both @Sharmon the Impaler and @Johnny B. Goode already said it - albeit somewhat differently but I'm back to "when you did what to what?" Good luck and forge on.
I am 77 years old and don't use game lingo, I have more serious things to deal with. However I do play this game for about an hour a day while having breakfast. The guild members bar used to have a Great Buildings icon next to my avatar which I would click on to contribute forge points. For the last three days this icon is not there so where do I go to contribute Fps to GBs. In simple terms please. And Tell that jerk Johnny B. Goode to quit being so full of himself, I don't need lecturing by some immature adolescent.

Johnny B. Goode

I am 77 years old and don't use game lingo, I have more serious things to deal with. However I do play this game for about an hour a day while having breakfast. The guild members bar used to have a Great Buildings icon next to my avatar which I would click on to contribute forge points. For the last three days this icon is not there so where do I go to contribute Fps to GBs. In simple terms please. And Tell that jerk Johnny B. Goode to quit being so full of himself, I don't need lecturing by some immature adolescent.
If the GB icon isn't there, then that player doesn't have any GBs that have open levels (or doesn't have any GBs at all). You can always go directly to your GBs and click on them to donate (or visit the other player's city and click on the GB you want to donate to).

Also, I'm full of myself? I took the time to decipher your cryptic post and answer your question. And now I've answered your follow up question even after you've insulted me. And just FYI, it doesn't take any more time to figure out and use correct game terms if you're actually paying attention to what you're doing. But you "have more serious things to deal with". But again, I'm the one who's "full of myself". LOL
(And it's been decades since I was an adolescent, although I was immature back then.)

P C C

I am 77 years old and don't use game lingo, I have more serious things to deal with. However I do play this game for about an hour a day while having breakfast. The guild members bar used to have a Great Buildings icon next to my avatar which I would click on to contribute forge points. For the last three days this icon is not there so where do I go to contribute Fps to GBs. In simple terms please.
On rare occasions playing on mobile, I've had the GB symbol not appear when I tap on my avatar in the (guild) bar though the profile and ranking symbols did. In each case, clearing the cache and restarting solved the problem.

Last edited:

P C C

If the GB icon isn't there, then that player doesn't have any GBs that have open levels (or doesn't have any GBs at all). You can always go directly to your GBs and click on them to donate (or visit the other player's city and click on the GB you want to donate to).

Also, I'm full of myself? I took the time to decipher your cryptic post and answer your question. And now I've answered your follow up question even after you've insulted me. And just FYI, it doesn't take any more time to figure out and use correct game terms if you're actually paying attention to what you're doing. But you "have more serious things to deal with". But again, I'm the one who's "full of myself". LOL
(And it's been decades since I was an adolescent, although I was immature back then.)
But why assume they are wrong, rather than they are experiencing something that isn't supposed to happen? The first time it happened to me, I assumed it was an intentional change and found it frustrating having to waste time to find GBs in my city in order to add FP

Johnny B. Goode

But why assume they are wrong, rather than they are experiencing something that isn't supposed to happen? The first time it happened to me, I assumed it was an intentional change and found it frustrating having to waste time to find GBs in my city in order to add FP
Where did I assume they were wrong? He said that the GB icon wasn't there and I explained when the GB icon doesn't appear under normal circumstances. Why do you assume that it's a glitch? Maybe it is. But you could have just let your post about that stand on its own instead of writing another post just to attack me.

Incidentally, how much time could you possibly waste finding a GB in your own city to donate to? I have 12 cities and only on rare occasions do I find it easier to go through that Social Bar GB icon to remind myself which GB I'm currently working on. Now GBs in another player's city is a different story, but that's now what you're saying here.

The Lady Redneck

I am 77 years old and don't use game lingo, I have more serious things to deal with
I know quite a few folks who play this game who are in their 70's and even 80's. Who also have more serious things to deal with. (Like cancer treatments and heart surgery) and other mobility issues that come to us all eventually. And all have a very competent grasp of "game lingo". It really does make the game a lot simpler to progress in. If I am as game savvy at that age I will be very happy. Speaking the same "language" is also one of the best ways of helping people with queries as it saves a lot of missunderstandings, agro and bad feeling.

It is no different than any other hobby, you learn the terminology that makes it possible to advance. Now if you could help me me with how to memorize f-stops, shutter speed and ISO in photography that would be great!!! (I actually know what that jargon means). But if you are not into photography it is just a load of lingo. It is learning that keeps our minds alert.

Last edited:

Tesla Lova

I hope I don't have any more problems in the future, coming here for answers is off putting to say the least.

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
I have removed a large amount of replies here. It is great when people want to help their fellow players but can we not do that without personal attacks or salty comments? The forums should be somewhere players can visit free of judgement to ask questions that they may not know the answer to, even if to others the answer is obvious. Not everyone plays the game intensively, and the game is designed with that in mind. Lets not judge players for being players.