• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Proposal for "Super World"

Proposal: I propose that the programmers develop an independent server to host two types of new worlds: Warrior World, and Trader World.
These servers should allow migration of Great Buildings and other infrastructure to the new server so players can fabricate their own individualized worlds as they see fit.

Current system: 25 servers for each world with progress through strict era timelines.

The current rules allow plunder on every server.

The current maps allow province ownership through both combat and trading.

Great building offer a variety of improvement and personal gain through construction.

Guild warehouse for guild goods.

Some building grids are collected through advancement through the eras.

Diamonds are awarded throughout the game from various sources.

Guilds have no mechanism for guild to guild trade, or for merging guilds without losing guild resources and power.

Guild map allows quest play through combat and resources.

Details: It really does not matter what you call these worlds as long as the name indicates that one is exclusive to fighting and plunder and one is exclusive to trading without plunder.

1. The Trading World would allow players whom are so inclined to create a world for good production and other game play without the need to advance through combat techniques. Players should be allow to gain provinces through trading only without the need for offense or defense a world can be created to enhance peaceful game play that would appeal to a more benign sort of player. The combat world rules would be similar to the current structure with plunder allowed.

2. In Trading World Great Buildings that currently enhance goods production would be available, GB's for defense/offense would not be necessary. New GB's could be created to provide incentive to increase trading capabilities. The opposite would apply to Warrior World as it would be specifically constructed for warfare and goods would not be important to competition or advancement.

3. Guilds and guild warehousing of collective goods would continue. Warrior World would create guild power through battle points instead of goods.

4. Building grids would need a rethink to increase the allotment of grids and easier to acquire as trading takes up more space than combat. However grids are currently really hard to come by and while this is fine for era to era progress. Trade World and Warrior World would both need a basic allotment of city space to accommodate transfer of current buildings and resources to start up.

5. A basic allotment of grid space could be given to transfer GBs and other infrastructure with more grids available for diamond purchase. Then grid collection could be enhanced through individual combat or trading contests and the winner of the contest for the week could get some incentive in conjunction with medals to encourage combat and trading competition .

6. Dimond distribution could amp up a bit, although it is appreciated in any form not every player has the financial resources for diamond purchase. You guys charge a lot for diamonds so you could stand to be a little more generous.

7. Guilds should have a mechanism to trade goods between guilds without players jumping around and constantly changing guilds to make trades. You already have a mechanism for guild wars.

8. Guilds should be allowed to merge while adding power and resource totals in both worlds and all you other servers while you at it.

9. The current guild maps for quest play could be aligned for trading without combat

10. Mechanisms need to be programmed to allow transfer of assets from current servers to Trade World.

11. In Trade World friends should be allow to trade independent of guilds as this would double the ability to trade for needed goods.

12. In Warrior World friends should be able to fight but not plunder each other. Just friendly jousting for points without pain. Combat between guilds and individual players would stay the same, or be enhanced to encourage fighting.

Abuse prevention: Since I am not a cheater I do not have the expertise to discuss this other than to say the type of player who plays in Trade World would have fewer risk vectors to abuse the system. And since the movement of resources from current servers to the Trade World would create a more liberal playing environment so cheating would be minimized. Now world is free of cheaters and you should pay attention to social media where cheaters hang out to cheat your game.

Conclusion:

As a long time player I enjoy the game as is very much, and INNO has always consistently improved game play and minimized time required. I really appreciate that as I play on 9 servers. This proposal would help increase the number of players playing on multiple servers as it would allow transfer of assets regardless of era.

Trading World would also increase your player numbers by allowing a more pastoral and tranquil world to play. Personally I am very proficient at combat but I do grow weary with the constant predation and it would help me to take a mental brake from retribution against those who plunder. You have more players that do not choose to plunder than plunderers so it would vastly improve you loss and retention rates to provide a server that is plunder free as plunder drives many players from the game in the early stages. My suggestion is to only allow plunder in concurrent eras instead of allowing multi million point players to destroy beginners, that only discourages game play and drive off new players.

Warrior World could be specifically designed for those who prefer plunder and no one who chooses to play there can fuss about it.

The ability to manipulate across servers would greatly enhance the gaming experience and allow a player to make room for newer and better GBs. You current grid structure is so restrictive it is difficult to expand and damn near impossible for players without resources to advance.

I am fortunate enough to drop serious dime on you guys but not every player has the capital to do so, Traders World should be more liberal with diamonds and grids to enhance the ability of other players to advance. You can dime the heck out of Warriors World to make up the difference since men are so invested in ego driven combat.

I am willing to bet that you would vastly increase the number of female players if you have a trading world. Women add a wonderful dimension to this game and are much better players than the men. They are also a hell of a lot more reasonable to play with.

The point of all this is not gender segregation, only to enhance the experience for all players, rich or poor, male or female, and increase the number of players.

The ability to create you own personal space as well as play on the current servers would be enhanced.

I am sure there are a lot more ways to improve this concept, so please share with everyone and get their feedback.

DeletedUser8428

The idea of developing a 'trader world' and a 'warrior world' are interesting, but you're not asking for an enhancement to FOE, you're asking for a new game. Don't get me wrong, that's great if you'd like to do that. But migrating assets earned by playing FOE into instant assets for a new game?

No from here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freshmeboy

That's a new game and an intriguing concept..However, why would INNO want to let you transfer your humongously powerful city to a fresh world when they can make even more bucks forcing you start fresh...? From a business standpoint it's a NO vote here...

DeletedUser29563

Wow...gotta give you some credit for the idea...and proposal.
Um...not sure were to start. I love the idea. I don't know how viable it would be to implement. I assume( I'm no game designer) that this would be an enormous undertaking for developers. But....if Inno were willing to pull the trigger on this..who am I to stand in their way. So to your proposal you have my vote.
Just have to question the technical practicality...

wolfhoundtoo

Not going to happen. This is a total revamping of the game which would also impact all of the different servers but change some of the basic elements of the game. Although I'm sure the line about how they could be more generous in the diamond prices should sway then to see your points. :confused:

Also you don't need to be a cheater to be able to analyze an idea for potential abuse....and you certainly know that allowing the passing of resources between worlds is ripe for abuse.