• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PVP arena rewards currently underwhelming

Loren1979

I think the PVP rewards are a bit underwhelming for the amount of work required. Better rewards would incentivize more participation and competitive challenge. It would also give new meaning to the currently unattractive boosts and GBs for the defensive army. What are your thoughts?

Mor-Rioghain

I'm not sure what work you mean since a one-stop-shop for nerfing my neighbors is a 'toon girl's dream! I can net way more from hitting the arena than I could ever hope for in possible plundering an FE neighborhood that I've been camping in for 2 years not to mention not having to scroll through that dasterdly neighborhood scroll bar. My only beef is entirely personal - too many medals - I've spent way too many medals for extra turns! You'd think I'd have learned some patience in this game after 5 years of playing it! ;p lol

Sorry, I don't see it as work. Just something else that alleviates the sometimes-boredom of a game I've played a long time. That's not on Inno, that's on us.

Loren1979

Work? where? all you need to do is click a few (hundred is true) times to gain 50 Fp 100Fps and some other stuff. The best part is your totally free to not take part. No loss.
I keep up fighting even after i win the 100,000 prize. *usually in the first week!) just to gain personal points for rank. No other rewards at all
I'm not talking about the progress rewards. I'm referring to the placement rewards.

Johnny B. Goode

I'm not talking about the progress rewards. I'm referring to the placement rewards.
So? As others have stated, it's not much work at all, so it's basically free unless you've neglected your city's development. Any free reward is worth it. I battle once a day (or less) in each of my active cities and at the end of the week get free stuff in every one of them. Takes less than 15 minutes a week per city to stay active in PVP Arena and get free stuff.

Loren1979

So? As others have stated, it's not much work at all, so it's basically free unless you've neglected your city's development. Any free reward is worth it. I battle once a day (or less) in each of my active cities and at the end of the week get free stuff in every one of them. Takes less than 15 minutes a week per city to stay active in PVP Arena and get free stuff.
So with the minimal effort that you are putting in, what is your pvp ranking?

Johnny B. Goode

So with the minimal effort that you are putting in, what is your pvp ranking?
Arvahall: Global 1336, Age 24 (LMA)
Dunarsund: Global 1113, Age 25 (LMA)
East-Nagach: Global 1331, Age 37 (EMA)
Vingrid: Global 541, Age 85 (FE)
Carthage: Global 696, Age 33 (LMA)

I have played them even less than usual during the event, barely enough to keep from being kicked out. LOL

Emberguard

I had gotten up high enough with minimal continued effort to reach the diamond rewards..... then forgot about it and got dropped in rank for inactivity xD

Ebeondi Asi

In my three Worlds I am usually in he top five to ten in Guild (large Guilds)
Era I'm in the top 20 to 30
World top 40 average.
I play it every day and do some medals too. but not over 15K or so each.
In top Eras the fights are worth a lot of personal points. So that is an additional reason to do a lot of fights. for me

Dursland

I have played them even less than usual during the event, barely enough to keep from being kicked out. LOL
That's why you are disappointed with the placement rewards. Only top 500 get good rewards like one-ups and reno kits weekly. Players outside of the top 500 get significantly worse rewards.

I am rank 104 and happy with what I get on a weekly basis. It's usually 20fp and a reno or one up kit.

Johnny B. Goode

That's why you are disappointed with the placement rewards. Only top 500 get good rewards like one-ups and reno kits weekly. Players outside of the top 500 get significantly worse rewards.

I am rank 104 and happy with what I get on a weekly basis. It's usually 20fp and a reno or one up kit.
Sorry, but I'm not the one disappointed. I'm quite happy with the free things I get. Reread the thread and you'll see that I was responding to the player who's disappointed in the rewards.

stymie of Suwannee

My problem with PvP, and possibly his, is if you strive to gain rank, you WILL get to players that will overpower you through age alone. Example, when my stats really started kicking in Progressive, I pushed PvP hard mainly to beat up players in Contemporary. Once I hit #300 global, everyone were thick in the defensive stats, Contemporary or better and/or early Future users. Constant asskickings at #298 isn’t profitable. Now in Modern, I enjoy beating up decent Tomorrow players (must be confusing) and just hang back getting whatever.

MJ Artisan of War

Currently in Contemp. and my Attack Choppers are kickin' tail on whoever appears in upper ages on PvP.... Lovin' it.
May have to camp here awhile... lol
Have Future map conquered on Continents and heading into Artic.... Pretty sure i can finish the Oceanic maps before i move to Future Era...

stymie of Suwannee

I’m ready for some extra time in PM & Contemporary. I grew up retaliating. Currently in Modern and stuck 2/3 through VF on the Campaign map.

Johnny B. Goode

My problem with PvP, and possibly his, is if you strive to gain rank, you WILL get to players that will overpower you through age alone.
Well, that's probably why I don't have a problem with it. I don't give a fat rat about rank anywhere in the game. If I did, I could easily be near the top in my FE city. It's too much like work to do that, however. I didn't retire 14 years ago just so I could work here. They don't pay enough. LOL

Loren1979

What I am seeing from your response as well as everyone else's is exactly my point. I guess I didn't make it clear enough in my OP: Once you hit the top 500 which is relatively easy (and worth the rewards) there is very little incentive to progress further. ...Top 50 gets 20 more diamonds and 2 more rogues, top 20 and top 10 I can't see any additional rewards. ...Very difficult to get into the top 50. ...Rewards are underwhelming.

Loren1979

I am currently ranking around 80 and would possibly enjoy the challenge of getting into the top 50, but with very little reward incentive to do so.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

I am currently ranking around 80 and would possibly enjoy the challenge of getting into the top 50, but with very little reward incentive to do so.
I'm #148 on my main and do just enough to remain comfortably in the #51-500. Getting in the top 50 is, IMO, a matter of bragging rights. The simple fact that there are 50 players willing to spend a ton of medals for extra turns and spend the time fighting tells me that bragging rights are enough. Not for you, not for me, but enough for them which is what matters.