• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PvP Treasure Hunt (What I Want)

Aggressor

So, with the new PvP arena and all of the feedback on that, I have decided to make a (VERY rough) picture of what I want. Please excuse how rough this picture is and if it is blurry as well.
15943891578631251958212_kindlephoto-54826310.jpg
My idea is a PvP treasure hunt! it would be unlocked upon researching Counterstrategy in High Middle Ages. As you can see, this is a map, but not a realistic map like BG, it's a treasure map. Where the four white boxes are there would be four portraits representing four players.
There are a lot of sectors on the map. You can only attack a sector adjacent to your HQ (which is your profile picture sector) or a sector you own.
Sectors with one blue star take 5 battles to conquer. They only give you one Gold Star every hour (I'll explain later)
Sectors with two purple stars take 10 battles to conquer. They give two Gold Stars every hour.
The sector with 3 green stars takes 15 battles to conquer. It gives 4 Gold Stars every hour.
After you take a sector, you have it locked down for two hours, meaning nobody can take it from you. In that time, you can choose to either have the sector's defense as a default NPC Army, or you can place your own army.
Gold Stars are used to buy chests. 10 Gold Stars buy a Basic Chest, 20 Gold Stars buy a Normal Chest, and 50 Gold Stars buy a Bounty Chest. Each chest has different rewards including medals, goods, Forge Points, fragments, blueprints and units. Each time you buy a chest and open it, a reward will be randomly picked from the available prizes in that chest.
Sectors also give you booty, which is calculated to decide a winner of the Treasure Hunt!
(NOTE: The arrow at the top can be pressed to bring down several options, including a chat, your message center, the Treasure Hunt rankings and a place to buy chests)
(Also note: Your city defense GBs (Saint Basil's Cathedral and Deal Castle) will count towards your sectors' defending army boost as well as any inventory defense boosts and tavern defense boosts. But GBs like Arctic Orangery will not apply for defense here)
(Also note: 5, 10, and 15 battles to take a sector is based on age. In higher ages, it will be more. In lower ages, it will be 5, 10, and 15)
15943891578631251958212_kindlephoto-56366628.jpg
Here, you see what the map might look like during a season (lasts six days)
A bright banner means that a sector has been taken. A lighter colored banner means it is still being taken.
Pink, the bottom left player, has taken the sector in front of her HQ and is working on taking the one next to it.
Red, the bottom right player, is working on taking the sector in front of him.
Turquoise, the top right player, has taken the sector in front of his HQ and is working on the one next to that.
Green, the top left player, has taken the sector in front of her HQ, the one in front of that, and the middle sector. Since green took the middle sector within two hours ago, it is still locked down (represented by gray cross)
Another thing to notice is the X. In the Treasure hunt, X marks the spot. The sector with an X on it will reward it's owner with a special chest. The X relocates every 8 hours, so the marked sector can change ownership several times before it relocates and several chests can be given out.

The last thing about the PvP treasure hunt is that not everybody has to do it. After the six day season, starting Saturday and ending Friday, a player may decide if they want to participate in the next treasure hunt or sit out.

So that's what I spent my morning on, please let me know if I am the only one that wants something like this.

Agent327

So that's what I spent my morning on, please let me know if I am the only one that wants something like this.

I think you have just come up with a combination of what's already in the game. Nothing new here. It's like you have copied several game parts, and have sown them togeher to create a new monster.

Aggressor

I think you have just come up with a combination of what's already in the game. Nothing new here. It's like you have copied several game parts, and have sown them togeher to create a new monster.
What's in the game already is good. But I would love it to be tweaked a little and then applied to PvP. I wasn't trying to make a whole new never seen before feature. In just want a PvP map

Agent327

What's in the game already is good. But I would love it to be tweaked a little and then applied to PvP. I wasn't trying to make a whole new never seen before feature. In just want a PvP map

You are getting a new way to compete in PvP. If you look at it realistically, how big do you think the chance is that will be dropped and replaced by something like this?

Aggressor

You are getting a new way to compete in PvP. If you look at it realistically, how big do you think the chance is that will be dropped and replaced by something like this?
Lol, if I thought it would be i would post it as a new idea. The point is that the new PvP feature is not what I was hoping for and likely not what other people want. I think the PvP tower is a mistake and well, sometimes it's good to dream that Inno would actually make something better.

Nicholas002

how big do you think the chance is that will be dropped and replaced by something like this?
about the same chance to lose a soccer match with an alleged 20% chance to win, and win a match with an alleged 80% chance to win. (i.e. very small)

on topic: I too would rather see a PvP map than an auto-battled, AI vs. AI, P2W, medals reward tournament.
But like Agent says, there is no chance they will drop the new feature, and switch to something like this, and besides, it would be too similar to GvG and GBG.

AwesomeAadi10

So, with the new PvP arena and all of the feedback on that, I have decided to make a (VERY rough) picture of what I want. Please excuse how rough this picture is and if it is blurry as well.
View attachment 16364
My idea is a PvP treasure hunt! it would be unlocked upon researching Counterstrategy in High Middle Ages. As you can see, this is a map, but not a realistic map like BG, it's a treasure map. Where the four white boxes are there would be four portraits representing four players.
There are a lot of sectors on the map. You can only attack a sector adjacent to your HQ (which is your profile picture sector) or a sector you own.
Sectors with one blue star take 5 battles to conquer. They only give you one Gold Star every hour (I'll explain later)
Sectors with two purple stars take 10 battles to conquer. They give two Gold Stars every hour.
The sector with 3 green stars takes 15 battles to conquer. It gives 4 Gold Stars every hour.
After you take a sector, you have it locked down for two hours, meaning nobody can take it from you. In that time, you can choose to either have the sector's defense as a default NPC Army, or you can place your own army.
Gold Stars are used to buy chests. 10 Gold Stars buy a Basic Chest, 20 Gold Stars buy a Normal Chest, and 50 Gold Stars buy a Bounty Chest. Each chest has different rewards including medals, goods, Forge Points, fragments, blueprints and units. Each time you buy a chest and open it, a reward will be randomly picked from the available prizes in that chest.
Sectors also give you booty, which is calculated to decide a winner of the Treasure Hunt!
(NOTE: The arrow at the top can be pressed to bring down several options, including a chat, your message center, the Treasure Hunt rankings and a place to buy chests)
(Also note: Your city defense GBs (Saint Basil's Cathedral and Deal Castle) will count towards your sectors' defending army boost as well as any inventory defense boosts and tavern defense boosts. But GBs like Arctic Orangery will not apply for defense here)
(Also note: 5, 10, and 15 battles to take a sector is based on age. In higher ages, it will be more. In lower ages, it will be 5, 10, and 15)
View attachment 16365
Here, you see what the map might look like during a season (lasts six days)
A bright banner means that a sector has been taken. A lighter colored banner means it is still being taken.
Pink, the bottom left player, has taken the sector in front of her HQ and is working on taking the one next to it.
Red, the bottom right player, is working on taking the sector in front of him.
Turquoise, the top right player, has taken the sector in front of his HQ and is working on the one next to that.
Green, the top left player, has taken the sector in front of her HQ, the one in front of that, and the middle sector. Since green took the middle sector within two hours ago, it is still locked down (represented by gray cross)
Another thing to notice is the X. In the Treasure hunt, X marks the spot. The sector with an X on it will reward it's owner with a special chest. The X relocates every 8 hours, so the marked sector can change ownership several times before it relocates and several chests can be given out.

The last thing about the PvP treasure hunt is that not everybody has to do it. After the six day season, starting Saturday and ending Friday, a player may decide if they want to participate in the next treasure hunt or sit out.

The actual idea seems pretty well thought out and interesting...

Agent327

Lol, if I thought it would be i would post it as a new idea. The point is that the new PvP feature is not what I was hoping for and likely not what other people want. I think the PvP tower is a mistake and well, sometimes it's good to dream that Inno would actually make something better.

Then put in Feedback why it is not what you want and why it is a mistake. Nothing wrong with dreaming, but coming up with an alternative at this point is totally unrealistic. You have a better chance at winning the lottery. Besides that, your alternative is not realistic at alll. It is mix of existing features. Therefor it is rather poor.

Aggressor

Then put in Feedback why it is not what you want and why it is a mistake. Nothing wrong with dreaming, but coming up with an alternative at this point is totally unrealistic. You have a better chance at winning the lottery. Besides that, your alternative is not realistic at alll. It is mix of existing features. Therefor it is rather poor.
I'm not trying to be realistic lol. You're taking this a little too seriously. I just showed everybody am example of what I would rather have. I don't expect inno to do a thing about it.

RazorbackPirate

Unfortunately , the PvP Arena is pretty much baked. It will get a bit of fine tuning on Beta then move to live. A drastic overhaul like you propose, just isn't in the cards.