• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Quest window messed up

Nicholas002

check out this video

Not sure whether to put this in Bug reports, or ideas!

the Quest window is transparent, and stays open while I collect!

It just happened randomly, I think because I opened the quest window, while it was registering a quest complete.

This is really useful, and I am considering proposing an idea, to let the quest window stay open while you collect, because it makes RQs way easier, and saves some clicks.

Last edited:

Nicholas002

Idea would be DNS.

Reason why you have given yourself.
Question is,where is the line between making the game easier, and changing something this basic to make an aspect of the game less annoying?

my definition of “making the game easier” would be something like making technologies cost less fp, not something like allowing a window to stay open during collection.

I guarantee you could make a solid argument that any proposal Makes the game easier. Otherwise why would someone suggest it?

Last edited:

Agent327

Question is,where is the line between making the game easier, and changing something this basic to make an aspect of the game less annoying?

I think that is the answer. You are chosing to focus on one aspect of the game. The reason you focus on it is to profit from it as much as you can and now you want that to be made easier for you. How is that not making the game easier?

my definition of “making the game easier” would be something like making technologies cost less fp, not something like allowing a window to stay open during collection.

Is that not something you will achieve by making doing RQ's easier? You will earn much more than you do now, so that will make technologies cost less in the end.

I guarantee you could make a solid argument that any proposal Makes the game easier. Otherwise why would someone suggest it?

I can make an argument on any proposal, but it will not be a solid argument.

According to your logic an "aid all" button would not make the game easier. It will only make one aspect of the game less annoying.

Lady Gato

Yeah I had a similar bug myself this am. I opened the quest area to find new quests there (I am currently looping/camping in BA). I did the few quests that were there then the recurring quests popped back in. I was still in BA so I hadn't accidentally went into another age. But the quests weren't semi-transparent like yours.

DevaCat

Yeah I had a similar bug myself this am. I opened the quest area to find new quests there (I am currently looping/camping in BA). I did the few quests that were there then the recurring quests popped back in. I was still in BA so I hadn't accidentally went into another age. But the quests weren't semi-transparent like yours.
Have you been doing any story quests? Sometimes an action there will trigger a side quest that you can either do or abort through to get back to the RQs.

Nicholas002

I think that is the answer. You are chosing to focus on one aspect of the game. The reason you focus on it is to profit from it as much as you can and now you want that to be made easier for you. How is that not making the game easier?
Correct, it would make the game slightly easier. I bet you can’t name a proposal that doesn’t in some way.
Is that not something you will achieve by making doing RQ's easier? You will earn much more than you do now, so that will make technologies cost less in the end.
Wrong. I would not make a single coin, good or anything else from this. Space and resources are the limiting factors of my RQs. Not time. And for someone who can do UBQ all day? You don’t have to open and close the window for UBQ so it would not affect them either.
According to your logic an "aid all" button would not make the game easier. It will only make one aspect of the game less annoying.
No. An aid all button is totally different. It would allow you to guild hop for coin about 50 times quicker, and allow you to make way more coin, so I can see how that is DNS. My idea would save a few clicks per day, and would not affect the amount of resources I would get.

furthermore, I am not proposing this, so an argument over the DNSL is irrelevant. Just noting something that happened, that made my city collection take 200 less clicks. I would much rather see the devs work on something else.

Last edited:

Lady Gato

Have you been doing any story quests? Sometimes an action there will trigger a side quest that you can either do or abort through to get back to the RQs.
Actually yes - I forgot. I am so used to just the recurring quests. Just thought I would go a bit on the map to see if I could get some upper age troops.

Agent327

Correct, it would make the game slightly easier. I bet you can’t name a proposal that doesn’t in some way.

Proposals regarding the chat?

No. An aid all button is totally different. It would allow you to guild hop for coin about 50 times quicker, and allow you to make way more coin, so I can see how that is DNS. My idea would save a few clicks per day, and would not affect the amount of resources I would get.

And it would not allow you to make the game easier if you do not hop?

furthermore, I am not proposing this, so an argument over the DNSL is irrelevant. Just noting something that happened, that made my city collection take 200 less clicks. I would much rather see the devs work on something else.

You told you were not sure if you should put it in the bug report or ideas. I gave you my opinion. Did not expect that would be a reason for an argument.

Nicholas002

Proposals regarding the chat?
These proposals are also to reduce the number of clicks, but not to make it easier to get more resources. Same as this
And it would not allow you to make the game easier if you do not hop?
if you do not hop, it would make it quicker, but you wouldn’t get more resources. Hopping is what would make an aid all button exploitable.
You told you were not sure if you should put it in the bug report or ideas. I gave you my opinion. Did not expect that would be a reason for an argument.
Your opinion on where the thread belongs was not the reason, but this Statement was:
Idea would be DNS.

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

These proposals are also to reduce the number of clicks, but not to make it easier to get more resources. Same as this

if you do not hop, it would make it quicker, but you wouldn’t get more resources. Hopping is what would make an aid all button exploitable.

Your opinion on where the thread belongs was not the reason, but this Statement was:
im siding with nick here.
My proposal that passed awhile back that created a button in the trade market for Friends trades...would have made the game easier(the button would be similar to the current guild button)
this is stupid @Agent327