• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Question about elite guilds

• Thread starter DeletedUser27023
  • Start date

DeletedUser27023

I’ve been reading a lot lately about players who come into a guild and are able to level a CF, Arc, etc 20 or 30 levels by working together with other guild mates. How does one find guilds that do this? Are there prerequisites? I’ve been in a few guilds in a couple of worlds but have never come across players with these kind of high level GBs. After reading the recent thread about the impact ARCs have had on the game it got me thinking that if I’m going to continue playing a game into year two, I may as well learn how to do it successfully right?

Salsuero

How does one find guilds that do this? Are there prerequisites? I’ve been in a few guilds in a couple of worlds but have never come across players with these kind of high level GBs.

Well you could look at the Great Buildings tab in the Global Rankings window to see who has the highest levels. Then check those users to see which guilds they are in. You could send messages to those members and/or the leaders of those guilds. That would be one way to go. You could always ask your question in Global Chat... that's probably like spinning a roulette wheel, but you never know. Just hope not to get completely trolled... if anyone answers you at all. You could post here in your world's specific forum folder and see if anyone bites. I believe a lot of it can often just come down to trial and error... and luck. It's not always the guild specifically that enables this, but more the few determined players in a guild who decide to do such a thing. In that case, it may just mean starting your own group in whichever guild you choose to call home.

After reading the recent thread about the impact ARCs have had on the game it got me thinking that if I’m going to continue playing a game into year two, I may as well learn how to do it successfully right?

I hope you don't spark a new Arc controversy with those words!

DeletedUser14354

I’ve been reading a lot lately about players who come into a guild and are able to level a CF, Arc, etc 20 or 30 levels by working together with other guild mates. How does one find guilds that do this? Are there prerequisites?

It simply requires a guild to have a pool of members that: (1) all have the arc and (2) are committed to leveling up their arcs. There are numerous variations, but the basic gist is me and 5 of my guild mates contribute all of our FPs to each others Arcs. When Arc A levels, the 5 of us that contributed get rewards, that includes FPs. We then use those FPs to fund the leveling of the Arc B for a different player....and so on.

To use some examples:

1. Leveling an Arc to level 20 requires 1,242 FPs. The rewards for doing so are 440 total FPs, or 35% of the total.
2. A level 40 arc requires 2,035 FPs to level, and returns a total of 1025 FPs, or 50% of the total.
3. A level 60 arc requires 3,334 Fps to level, but the rewards are 1660 FPs, or roughly 50% of the total.

So, once you hit level 35 or so, half the FPs needed to level the next arc are created when you level the current one. Moreover, the FPs rewards noted above are pre-bonus. So, if everyone that contributed had a level 40 arc, they all get a 62% bump to their rewards, taking the 1,025 FPs up to 1660 FPs total, which is now 81% of the costs of leveling the next Arc (at level 40).

As an FYI, this process could be used for any GB, but because the Arc increases each players FP rewards, it dramatically accelerates the process.

Salsuero

It simply requires a guild to have a pool of members that: (1) all have the arc and (2) are committed to leveling up their arcs. There are numerous variations, but the basic gist is me and 5 of my guild mates contribute all of our FPs to each others Arcs. When Arc A levels, the 5 of us that contributed get rewards, that includes FPs. We then use those FPs to fund the leveling of the Arc B for a different player....and so on.

To use some examples:

1. Leveling an Arc to level 20 requires 1,242 FPs. The rewards for doing so are 440 total FPs, or 35% of the total.
2. A level 40 arc requires 2,035 FPs to level, and returns a total of 1025 FPs, or 50% of the total.
3. A level 60 arc requires 3,334 Fps to level, but the rewards are 1660 FPs, or roughly 50% of the total.

So, once you hit level 35 or so, half the FPs needed to level the next arc are created when you level the current one. Moreover, the FPs rewards noted above are pre-bonus. So, if everyone that contributed had a level 40 arc, they all get a 62% bump to their rewards, taking the 1,025 FPs up to 1660 FPs total, which is now 81% of the costs of leveling the next Arc (at level 40).

As an FYI, this process could be used for any GB, but because the Arc increases each players FP rewards, it dramatically accelerates the process.

You didn't really answer his question:

How does one find guilds that do this? Are there prerequisites?

DeletedUser14354

You didn't really answer his question:

The answer is that this option is available to any guild. So, find a guild, and you can find a guild that is ABLE to do. Whether that particular guild chooses to do so or not is a different issue. I figured understanding the mechanics of how it worked was far more important than identifying the guilds that actually do it, for several reasons. The chief one being that, if my guild is already doing it, we would be unlikely to have any interest in adding someone that isn't already doing it, since they would be a drag on the process.

*Arturis*

First thing you might need is be able to do tthe minimum GE requirement weekly and do 64 if needed, if you have low level attack GB, they won't take you. You also need to be active in GvG and goods/troop drive donations

DeletedUser27023

First thing you might need is be able to do tthe minimum GE requirement weekly and do 64 if needed, if you have low level attack GB, they won't take you. You also need to be active in GvG and goods/troop drive donations

I guess that would be an important point. To date I haven’t been involved with GvG. Is that a given?

Thanks for the replies thus far. As to the actual process of leveling an Arc in a group, that’s equally interesting. If I understood it better, I might propose it to my own guild. I’m a bit confused how the rewards are earned and contributed. Do all of the Arcs need to be the same level?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Do all guilds that have players with high level Arcs all play GvG?

DeletedUser14354

\ As to the actual process of leveling an Arc in a group, that’s equally interesting. If I understood it better, I might propose it to my own guild. I’m a bit confused how the rewards are earned and contributed. Do all of the Arcs need to be the same level?

The arcs can be any level. The higher the level of the arcs of the participants, the greater the FP boost from the rewards, that is all. the practical effect is to generate more FPs from leveling an arc, which can then be used for the next arc.

In terms of process, there are variations, but the easiest way to think about this is you and 5 of your guildmates. You each agree to donate 100 FPs a day to the arc leveling. You all further agree to reinvest all FP rewards in the process. we start with player A and contribute until his or her Arc levels. Then we go to player B, C, D, E, F, then back to A.

DeletedUser31392

I think the thing you are missing is not the fp generation you get from leveling each other’s Arcs, but the blueprint acquisition. Each level beyond 10 requires a full set of prints to unlock each additional level. Having a group of players dedicating their FPs to a specific arc until their positions are locked in allows for distribution of those prints to each other in the group to continue unlocking additional levels. The fps are just a bonus that helps propel the leveling forward faster.

The prints are the part that players can get hung up on.

DeletedUser31392

Another thing to add to my previous post, there is a theory out there that at least 1 print on a GB is “rarer” than the others and doesn’t show up near as often as the rest.

Ask @LacLongQuan for a screenshot of her Arc prints to see what I mean.

This is what I refer to as coming to a block in the Arc leveling with Prints. And even though her Aec is unlocked to 11111 it does show the disparity I refer to with the different prints for the same GB. (And the unlocked level doesn’t count as I’m sure she has leveled tons of players Arcs to gain all those prints :p)

Salsuero

Do all of the Arcs need to be the same level?

Nope. But it helps if everyone can get the same reward from the same level Arc... it's just easier to deal with the numbers (and sometimes the egos about who gets what and so-and-so getting more). Anyone with a higher level Arc will just be able to lose less for the same investment as those without as the reward boost will provide more on the investment. When you get to around level 30-74, having a higher level Arc can mean someone breaking even by locking up the first two reward spots, so that's where it almost becomes necessary unless players are willing and able to lose lots of FPs per level with lower level Arcs. I have been swapping with someone since level 7... 1st for both of us on each of our Arcs. I'm now at level 49. Neither of us has had to worry about prints. I've got a huge city due to medals. Losing those FPs was worth it. And now my Arc has just started to become profitable on certain levels for 1st/2nd place. :cool:

Do all guilds that have players with high level Arcs all play GvG?

Nope. The two are unrelated, but many do, especially since the Arc contributes treasury goods and those are needed for GvG. But, a lot of high level Arc owners also advance past Future Era and render their treasury goods useless for anything but unlocking GE levels. So, GvG isn't really tied to the Arc specifically, but it can be.

Volodya

I think the thing you are missing is not the fp generation you get from leveling each other’s Arcs, but the blueprint acquisition. Each level beyond 10 requires a full set of prints to unlock each additional level. Having a group of players dedicating their FPs to a specific arc until their positions are locked in allows for distribution of those prints to each other in the group to continue unlocking additional levels. The fps are just a bonus that helps propel the leveling forward faster.

My Arc is at level 51 and counting. When I hit 30 or so and entered the sweet area for power-leveling, I was also concerned that prints would hold me back. At my lowest ebb, I was down to two and six prints on the scarcest ones. I was assured that the prints would come with just minimal effort on my part. That's proven to be the case; I now have 17 and 18 on the "scarce" prints and anywhere from 20 to 50 on the others. This is without any exchange club or any other formalized arrangement. I do keep my eye out for opportunities to lock paying positions on other Arcs, but I'm not particularly diligent about it and on principle I won't accept a fp loss just for the medals and prints. I snipe, but never at the expense of friends or fellow guild members. Despite these self-imposed rules, the impending blueprint "crisis" never materialized. Blue prints will come if you just play the game.

DeletedUser14354

I think anyone involved in one of these circles will tell you the BPs are not a relevant consideration. My arc is at something like level 36. I have the BPs to go to somewhere around level 80. The point is that 70-80% of the costs of leveling the next building come in the form of rewards, which permits the arcs to level faster and faster.

Salsuero

I was assured that the prints would come with just minimal effort on my part. That's proven to be the case... Blue prints will come if you just play the game.

I agree. I reached level 50 today.

Screen shot 2017-12-07 at 7.04.10 AM.png

I won't accept a fp loss just for the medals and prints.

I have taken many smallish losses for medals. I evaluate each investment on a case-by-case basis. I'm willing to accept a certain amount of loss for the right return on medals. FPs are pretty easy to replace in my opinion. I only have three medal expansions left available to me as a result (and I'm only in HMA)... at least until they release more of them.

Screen shot 2017-12-07 at 7.07.42 AM.png

sirblu

I’ve been reading a lot lately about players who come into a guild and are able to level a CF, Arc, etc 20 or 30 levels by working together with other guild mates. How does one find guilds that do this? Are there prerequisites? I’ve been in a few guilds in a couple of worlds but have never come across players with these kind of high level GBs. After reading the recent thread about the impact ARCs have had on the game it got me thinking that if I’m going to continue playing a game into year two, I may as well learn how to do it successfully right?
What world do you play in? And, You are a real life neighbor of me lol

DeletedUser31392

My point about the prints was that if you are involved in such an Arc ring than yes prints are of no concern, so maxing fps for everyone involved is important. However, if you are not involved in an Arc ring and relying on 80+ Arc users and self donations, plus swaps and free donations from Guild/Hood/Friend lists, then the prints can become an issue if you are not diligent about managing how many you have and can continue to unlock levels until reaching 80.

I think I lost my own point in my original post :(